Releasing 7.0 without weapon designer is Unacceptable !

Shinzzun

@Bioware Its VERY simple If you cannot bring out Weapon Outfitter with 7.0 YOU DO NOT RELEASE THE EXPANSION !

Not being able to use our expensive Cartel Market weapons we collected over many years IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! (as You also removed moddable gear for all except NimH

YOU decided not to have moddable gear except for Hardest raid mode as You have WOW Raid envy thinking You can turn SWTOR into a Top Tier raiding MMO......Now You tell You cant deliver an integral feature that also means we cant use our CM or rare weapons we collected ! and no, by shear experience and your track record there is ZERO trust that You can deliver 7.1 within a month or even 3 months ! (before someone says buuuuut it will come witin a few weeks time)

I understand You are VERY embarrassed that You already had to delay expansion, but honestly this is even worse ! You are digging Your grave deeper and deeper.

As a 10 Year plus sub on 2 accounts and thousands of Euros on CC store this is simply completely scandalous, and using all CAPS is not even enough. :mad:

You already made the expansion a slap in the face to Your loyal customers over many years by making alts practically useless, stop also destroying whats left !

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric"

Edited by Shinzzun

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but no.

I want to see the new story. I can live with my 306 weapons for a couple of months (especially as the stats of 324 weapons are just barely better, if at all).

I'd rather wait and see a GOOD system put in place instead of a bandaid that makes us change our outfit weapon all the time, personally - for example, have two different sets of weapon in EACH outfit so the game just automatically picks the weapon(s) that matches the active combat style, without us having to do anything to our outfit.

And that kind of thing isn't a 30 minute code fix.

I'd rather wait to see it done well. I'm also optimistic that if they can't do it properly, they will give us back our moddable weapons and gear (which frankly at this point they really should do, IMO...).

I mean, they're going to lose a lot of money if they don't fix it...

Edited by Pricia

So your access to new story supersedes practical use of items people have already paid for?

Who is the entitled one here?

Story LOL ! You have not yet played 75 % of all existing content ! Do that first THEN You can get your 15 or 30 min 'story' in 7.0 :D

I'm quite sure that one planet and one flashpoint are longer than 15 minutes. You might want to at least try to get your points straight if you want to get taken seriously.

There is no meaningful 'planet' coming with 7.0. The new daily area is coming with 7.1, in theory. We are getting one 'story' FP with a bit of story wrapper. While 15 minutes is almost certainly hyperbolic, it's still pretty light. I think there is a reason the new trailer largely shows footage recognizably taken from other, currently existing, content.

There is no meaningful 'planet' coming with 7.0. The new daily area is coming with 7.1, in theory. We are getting one 'story' FP with a bit of story wrapper. While 15 minutes is almost certainly hyperbolic, it's still pretty light. I think there is a reason the new trailer largely shows footage recognizably taken from other, currently existing, content.

Spot on !

So your access to new story supersedes practical use of items people have already paid for?

Who is the entitled one here?

lol what?

7.0 will not in any way impact your ability to continue using those items as you currently do.

How on earth does recognizing that make me entitled? I am not the one demanding anything.

7.0 will not in any way impact your ability to continue using those items as you currently do.

Perhaps you missed this? :

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

At end-game, what good are mod weapons if there are no new mods (of appropriate IR) to put in them?

edit: Problem is the combo of weapons not in outfit and no new mods for any items.

Edited by Ulrah

LOL too bad no Armory in this game so we can see Your achievements and how long you played. Telling me i should not play until 7.1 LOL :rolleyes:

lol, cute that you think how long you've played somehow makes you entitled to something

But for fun, let's do a little comparison. You can get a relative approximation of when someone started from their member number, which increases sequentially

You=2236705

Me=1709459

Oh dear, now isn't that interesting.

So back to the simple solution for you I guess. If you find the features of 7.0 "unacceptable", then don't play till they are "acceptable", which is slated for 7.1 by the metrics you provided.

Perhaps you missed this? :

Of course I read it

Do we have weapons in outfitter now?

Right, we don't. Doesn't seem to be causing you serious issues no?

It's been this way for over 10 years now. I'm sure you can hold out for a couple more months or so until the shiny new stuff hits live.

lol, cute that you think how long you've played somehow makes you entitled to something

But for fun, let's do a little comparison. You can get a relative approximation of when someone started from their member number, which increases sequentially

You=2236705

Me=1709459

So back to the simple solution for you I guess. If you find the features of 7.0 "unacceptable", then don't play till they are "acceptable", which is slated for 7.1 by the metrics you provided.

LOL yes sure i played on 2 accounts 6 months beta BEFORE release of 1.0 but suuuuuure ;) You are THE first player

Edited by Shinzzun

No, but we also have max IR mods to put in those weapons. Unless something changes, this will not be the case in 7.0.

Incredible how many times we have to explain things .....

Its abysmally little these so called 'Super absolutely FIRST players since before alpha test' actual know about anything of the game or upcoming expansion, yet claim to be SUPER veteran players :rolleyes:

@Bioware Its VERY simple If you cannot bring out Weapon Outfitter with 7.0 YOU DO NOT RELEASE THE EXPANSION !

Not being able to use our expensive Cartel Market weapons we collected over many years IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! (as You also removed moddable gear for all except NimH

YOU decided not to have moddable gear except for Hardest raid mode as You have WOW Raid envy thinking You can turn SWTOR into a Top Tier raiding MMO......Now You tell You cant deliver an integral feature that also means we cant use our CM or rare weapons we collected ! and no, by shear experience and your track record there is ZERO trust that You can deliver 7.1 within a month or even 3 months ! (before someone says buuuuut it will come witin a few weeks time)

I understand You are VERY embarrassed that You already had to delay expansion, but honestly this is even worse ! You are digging Your grave deeper and deeper.

As a 10 Year plus sub on 2 accounts and thousands of Euros on CC store this is simply completely scandalous, and using all CAPS is not even enough. :mad:

You already made the expansion a slap in the face to Your loyal customers over many years by making alts practically useless, stop also destroying whats left !

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Hey folks,

-eric"

lol/lmao

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the outfitter, which is what the topic of the thread, so what's your point?

It does have to do with the outfitter though. Weapons aren't currently in the outfitter but we have had mods to put in them so that we can have a weapon we like the look of. With the change to modding they are doing, I'm sure that is why weapons are now going to be available in the outfitter. Many people want to keep the same weapon look they've had for years and not be forced to use what they may consider an ugly weapon because they can't put new mods in their old ones.

Hi.

There is a solution: keep your 306 custom weapon, because the new one without mods won't have better stats. Actually, keep all your 306 gear, that's what I'm going to do.

And yes, i understand the problem, i really don't want to equip my body 3 type mercenary with some miniature blasters that will ruin all the image.

Hi.

There is a solution: keep your 306 custom weapon, because the new one without mods won't have better stats. Actually, keep all your 306 gear, that's what I'm going to do.

And yes, i understand the problem, i really don't want to equip my body 3 type mercenary with some miniature blasters that will ruin all the image.

What are the stats then?

306- 326 won't change that much?

I want to see number rather than out of butt claims.

What are the stats then?

306- 326 won't change that much?

I want to see number rather than out of butt claims.

I mean I got 318 gear on PTS and it was a HUGE downgrade from my 306 stuff (and I only have blue augments). I wasn't going to grind on the PTS but I can imagine that it's an accurate claim.

Unless they improve the stats before it goes live. Gosh I'd be glad to use an ugly weapon for a few months if they improved the stats of that horrible gear.

I am profoundly disappointed that 7.0 will not have one of the keynote features. There is far less actually in 7.0 than what was taken out, or at least expectations that are missed. Remember that a major source of Decurion Isotope Stabilizers and Aquatic Resource Matrices was supposed to be the daily area which won't even be in 7.0. That's going to force everyone into the same planetary heroic and daily areas with a shared tagging system that wasn't working right at the time PTS closed. Truthfully, using your 306 weapon won't be acceptable because by all accounts it will force the loot system to only give you 320 pieces for the slots.

Obtaining Gear at 320

When obtaining gear at Item Rating 320 from Flashpoints and Operations it was possible for players to begin receiving duplicate items before having acquired all pieces at Item Rating 320. We have adjusted these drops so players should no longer receive duplicate gear if any of their equipment slots has a piece of gear below 320.

Defeating Bosses

The reduction of gear dropping from bosses has left them feeling less exciting when killed. We have adjusted the distribution of currency and gear on bosses to retain some of that excitement.

Defeating a boss in Flashpoints or Operations will now always reward a piece of gear. This gear will be equal item rating to a randomly chosen piece of gear the player has equipped. In addition, the boss may drop bonus currency (Decurion Stabilizers for Flashpoints, Hazardous Catalysts for Operations) when defeated.

I mean, I interpret these paragraphs to mean the game will choose a random anatomical slot, and in the case of the mainhand (or offhand for dual-wielders), will automatically give a 320 MH since its only 306. It's already painfully slower to gear up, so this adds insult to injury. The tertiary stat optimization may be better in 306 than 318, but the loss in tech power/force power will be relevant at some point.

At any rate, there has been such a long time in between serious story updates since 4.x that I just don't care one way or the other if they delay the expansion or not. Combat styles aren't content, and the class stories aren't truly any different just because you are in a different combat style than the ACs originally paired with the stories. Not to mention tech users won't be able to change their primary combat style and force users won't be able to change to anything other than their mirror (which is less than what was promised.) Scaling is way off in repeatable content (like the Eternal Championship) and that's all we are going to have to do once we finish the story, which is looking to be shorter than the Onslaught content. At least that was two planets plus a flashpoint. I'm so disheartened that I literally don't even care if the story is delayed. Honestly, the longer its delayed the more time I have to finish certain achievements that will be impossible in 7.0, and the amount of actual endgame content is going to be nearly the same. I'll be earning tech fragments much faster than in 7.0 which I can use to buy decorations from Ossus that I'm still not capped on in addition to the various set boni I'm missing. I have new and returning guildies that aren't even in 306 yet, though its unclear how long they would stay in the event of another delay since they only re-subbed for the expansion.

Nevertheless, I don't think anyone is entitled to demand 7.0 should be delayed, because we're not in a position to demand anything. Your only recourse is to unsub. I can sympathize with people who say if we can't have moddable weapons then the expansion should be delayed until Weapon Outfitter is fixed, but I don't have any reasonable expectation that the developers could add mods in the next two weeks, when they can't even deliver what was promised over the summer. Apparently, modding gear was more complicated for players than 4 different currencies plus six different vendors depending on whether you are first time buying or upgrading, so now we have the 7.0 system.

Nah, they could do it if they wanted. Have a vendor that sells mods but you can only buy mods up to your current item rating. Problem fixed, and I can't imagine that would take that much work considering that there are already mods in game. They'd just have to adjust the stats...Maybe not in 2 weeks but it would be doable for 7.1, if they wanted to. I'm just not sure that they do.

You have a good point though, we'll have to use the subpar 318 gear if we want to get upgrades. That stinks. I'm not sure why they suddenly decided to make higher rating gear worse than gear that is 12 ratings lower.

You=2236705

Me=1709459

Where do you find someone's member number?

And that kind of thing isn't a 30 minute code fix.

No, it would be a 3 minute job.

The entire system of the outfit designer is already completely available, only the weapon slot was missing. And just by the way, the designer was already introduced 7 years ago with patch 3.2. Seven years, not in Tibet, but in Austin...

For the weapon slot in the designer the exact same applies as for all other slots, there are no 300 new lines of code to write, but copy&paste.

The only thing to consider would be if you use different weapon types (e.g. instead of a double lightsaber, a one-handed blaster), then you would still have to link to the correct character animation. Even that can be done by an experienced programmer in 30 minutes, pee and coffee break included.

So we come to the possible causes:

• a) the existing code is qualitatively so bad and possibly incomplete or not documented at all, that the current developers first have to find out what stands for what.

• b) the studio is understaffed to such an extent that they don't have the personnel for such "trivialities".

• c) The developers are of the opinion that this is not important (we are talking about Bioware after all).