Please continue the use of modded gear

NovaStardust

Greetings,

So far I have noticed that there is no modded gear available with the new expansion gear.

Please do NOT discontinue the use of modded gear. Many of us enjoy enjoy tweaking our character stats to our own specifications. Discontinuing the use of modded gear will take a lot of the fun out of the game for me.

Perhaps if you made regular set gear with fixed stats and also made optional modded set gear for those who want it. This would make everyone happy.

Respectfully,

NOVASTARDUST

Greetings,

So far I have noticed that there is no modded gear available with the new expansion gear.

Please do NOT discontinue the use of modded gear. Many of us enjoy enjoy tweaking our character stats to our own specifications. Discontinuing the use of modded gear will take a lot of the fun out of the game for me.

Perhaps if you made regular set gear with fixed stats and also made optional modded set gear for those who want it. This would make everyone happy.

Respectfully,

NOVASTARDUST

I highly doubt they will. This entire "update" is going be a dumpster fire. Now we are going to be forced to use gear that have premade stats and will be entirely reliant on RNG. What a disaster.

It is what the majority want but chances are they procrastinated so long on the bare minimums that they genuinely won't have time.

Its one of the many reasons people are dreading 7.0, doing a run today on the PTS to see if there's any hope at all come Feb but each time they release more news more of us look for another game.

At least they delayed it two months so we got to enjoy the game before its broken.

But 100% agree with OP, its literally one of the few customization aspects left and its being taken away.

7.0 literally feels like the Devs just want to nerf anything fun or enjoyable so you can grind more heroics lol.

My understanding was they were keeping moddable gear for the higher tier stuff. If that isn't the case, whatever the higher item rating ends up being, that gear should orange/moddable as it is now. I'm generally fine with removing it from the lower levels though, and just having it as an endgame thing. I think orange gear is a holdover from the days before an outfit system, and intended to (among other things) solve the same kind of problem.

My understanding was they were keeping moddable gear for the higher tier stuff. If that isn't the case, whatever the higher item rating ends up being, that gear should orange/moddable as it is now. I'm generally fine with removing it from the lower levels though, and just having it as an endgame thing. I think orange gear is a holdover from the days before an outfit system, and intended to (among other things) solve the same kind of problem.

They've stated it would only be available to those who complete the highest tier operations, which is beyond moronic imo.

You unlock mod gear by completing the hardest content in game... Then that gear will be capped in things like PvP.

Its the biggest blight on 7.0, livestreamed the PTS yesterday and thats all people would talk about is how horrid the gearing looks.

That and how they're ruining all planet side content with capped alacrity.

Edited by TheVoyant

• 2 weeks later...

Now we are going to be forced to use gear that has premade stats and will be entirely reliant on RNG. What a disaster.

It would be best if they just keep modded gear, and then make it like we can choose if we want to use modded gear or not.

Edited by VinterDk

What I'm reading is just a lot of hate and no constructive criticism. I get that everybody is entitled to their opinion about the subject but come on. Stop spreading doomsday when it's really not that bad.

Wow does not have mods in the gear and they have way bigger raiding scene than this game has. The raids in there are also way more complex and people gear up toons according to the systems provided. Yes they constantly be beetching about the game but new systems always bring mixed opinions. At least we don't get tons of borrowed power as they are destroying amplifiers which were exactly that.

Although we won't get modable gear before operation hard mode / master mode is released and we get 334 gear it's not that bad. We will be able to farm 326 and 330 gear waiting for the operation to drop. And you still will be able to tweak your stats through augments. 14 slots to fill and not all of them will be accuracy.

I know people are used to modding everything, min maxing their gear, adjusting stats and trying new builds, but honestly the amount of mods 6.0 introduced was too damm high! This was true rng. Waiting weeks for the right one to drop was a total massacre.

We want modable gear, of course, but it's not the end of the world if we don't get it at the start. I believe it's a bit better that we don't, which will smooth the transition for newer players and casuals who are not used to tokens and vertical progression. I honestly dislike the change but it's not the end of the game and stop proclaiming it as such.

Wow does not have mods in the gear and they have way bigger raiding scene than this game has.

... and I know other MMOs where you need a calculator to figure out how to put gear on. This is SWTOR, not WoW or any other MMO. And as far as SWTOR goes, you can start using modded gear (easily) from level 10 on and update that every 4 levels with one jump in there to 60. Then 65, then 70, and at 70 you can actually go to Ossus and buy higher ranked gear ... which comes modded right from the vendor, offering you the option to switch things around a bit.

At 75 while leveling your iRating you will stumble over a lot of "fixed" gear, but you will all the time also get modded gear, meaning if you feel like it, you can move the mods around. That also opens up the option to increase your iR, putting higher iR mods together, stuff like that. Even at iR 306 you get both fixed items and modded items, aside of mods directly.

And now, because of ... reasons!? ... this has been thrown out the window. I've crafted a lot of gear for alts, which was also fixed gear, and the stat distribution wasn't always to my liking. For story stuff content and heroics and such it is ok, but offering this highly geared + optimized toons as the "next step" is like showing them the middle finger and also shows big disregard towards the game itself, one of the core functionalities.