Player Experience with Combat Styles/Weapons Combos Feedback Thread

JackieKo

we need to eventually get no force melee combat styles that mirror the warrior/knight and assassin/shadow classes. Instead of a shield it could be a force field generator. instead for the guardian's force stasis, it could be stun dart etc.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if this is exactly the right place to mention this, but I can't put a generic electrostaff in the outfit designer weapon slot of my warrior-turned-juggernot-and-assassin despite him being in assassin mode. I would request this be fixed, otherwise I can't make the Tusken Experience with my budget Gaffi stick

While playing a freshly made Sith Warrior with the Assassin combat style, the first quest had some inconsistencies in the cinematics. Particularly when retrieving the blade from Ajunta Pall's tomb. The weapon looks like the normal single-bladed weapon that's always been in this cinematic even though my character uses a double-bladed weapon due to their Assassin combat style. Despite looking like this, the quest still rewarded me with a Korriban Battler Practice Staff, a double-bladed weapon that looks nothing like the blade in the cinematic.

Screenshots here

Slightly unrelated bug report: The Korriban Battler Practice Staff uses the sound effects of a lightsaber when used in combat instead of an electrostaff. The Apprentice Practice Staff your character first starts with sounds normal.

Playing the Agent Origin Story as a Merc - in [Thieves and Liars] on Taris, at Ki Sazen's base there were a couple of cutscenes where I had an invisible rifle. All of the others so far have correctly displayed a pistol instead.

Commando lv73 "choice" is bugged, it lets you have all 3. (Which btw, because of this it was the only way i was actually able to somewhat enjoy the PTS. otherwise, I detest it.) Also a few choices in some of the trees for PT/VG tank and commando dps do not stay, or I can have multiple of the choices.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I apologize if others have already said this.

But... why oh why do mirror combat styles not have the choices in the same locations?? You guys did this with the utility system and it always drove me nuts.

What am I talking about?

For example....

Sentinel vs Marauder.

Level 27 choices:

Sentinel has (left to right): Critical Melt, Juyo Melt, Melting Center

Marauder has (left to right): Juyo Rend (Juyo Melt), Draining Center (Melting Center), Critical Bleeds (Critical Melt)

Level 43 choices:

Sentinel has (left to right): Force Fracture, Flaming Wave, Cauterizing Focus

Marauder has (left to right): Blood Wave (Flaming Wave), Force Fracture, Rupturing Rage (Cauterizing Focus)

Level 60 and 73 choices also don't match.

Just make them match please!

My Operative/Sniper was transferred from Live as a level 75 Sniper. One other bug I've noticed is every single time she goes into a new instance, her keybinds are set back to default and I have to load them again. This does *not* happen with my Sorc/Assassin.

Also happened on one of my characters (as it happened, my original and most played character) -- hopefully ONLY a character-copy bug.

Another Agent mission with invisible rifle in cutscenes when playing as a merc: [The Scorpio Sanctions] on Belsavis. Specifically, the prison lab cutscene and the Cabal/Scorpio scene (Which is also in a lab, kinda? Anywhere with labs and fighting on that chain!). Edited by Djuna

So far its been not an enjoyable addition.

All the potential pros of having two classes aren't there.

- needing to switch out of phase, what on earth is the point then, might as well just log out and sign in with an alt.

- switching loadouts is horrid. Its not a loadout lol, one you can't actually save a loadout, so if you change something while on loadout 5.... You've just now changed loadout 5. Add a save button.

-Your abilities and gear go all over the place. Now you have to worry about accidentally destroying the awful grindfest gear bc you switched styles. Oh and yay your abilities rearrange all over the place. Oh whats that an ability you didn't pick is on your bar still... Accidentally click it. Looks like you've changed loadout 5 to have that ability instead.

As stands this aspect is not in good shape on PTS and it has not increased gameplay, only frustrations.

Edited by TheVoyant

The needing to choose between multiple high function skills at the levels makes the new combat system feel even more dumbed down than the current version on the live servers. Rearranging the skills to space them out while removing additional utility skills reduced the individual utility for each class slightly, like "Choose useful skill, or additional useful stun or CC that can be used during the fight."

The individual classes need to have skills given at the intervals for levels and NEW skills added for higher levels that can replace redundant skills to ad new utility to them. The best version of the skill tree system was the original skill tree as it allowed the most class versatility for unique builds for classes to make them feel different from one player to another based on their point allocation.

As for the class combinations an ability to quick switch between them without having to open the window would be a nice addition. As well as some type of rapid heal buff after switch to bump you back up to full health after swapping gear. I have been lucky compared to some of the others posting in here that I have been able to keep my skills in place when swapping.

Right now my experience is that I can't swap between my Combat Styles on any char at all) The interface looks like if I have them both picked so when I click nothing happens

https://ibb.co/tcDsQv4

You need to make more room in your inventory. When changing styles the client looks for a place to store all your gear even if they won't actually be swapped out and if it can't find enough space it won't even let you switch. Toss everything in your cargo hold and relog, you should be able to swap.

Edited by zarkekan

Why.

The actual.

Is swapping between combat styles/classes not hot-key-capable and/or can;t be slotted to a quickbar?

*********** seriously, in the name of FSM, why.

The serious-seriously actual.

Even you people can't possibly be so self-deluded that you think this'll fly on any live game in 2022, right?

Surely, not even the BioWare that gave us crowning achievements like Anthem and Mass Effect: Andromeda can possibly be this lazy?

Edited by midianlord

My one piece of feedback is that I'm not able to switch combat styles. Or if I can, it's not clear how I do so.

I'm a level 80 Sith Inquisitor (Deception Assassin). Through all the expansions (up until the block at Meridian). I chose in the beginning to take the light path and I'm at Light 5. I created a new character and didn't transfer anything characters from the live server.

When I go to the Combat Style tab, it shows Assassin and an Available. When I go to click the plus sign, nothing happens. When I hover over the button, it says "You are on the mission to unlock a second combat style." What am I missing? What more do I need to do? I'm assuming it's because I didn't reach a certain Dark Side rating and just went full light?

My one piece of feedback is that I'm not able to switch combat styles. Or if I can, it's not clear how I do so.

I'm a level 80 Sith Inquisitor (Deception Assassin). Through all the expansions (up until the block at Meridian). I chose in the beginning to take the light path and I'm at Light 5. I created a new character and didn't transfer anything characters from the live server.

When I go to the Combat Style tab, it shows Assassin and an Available. When I go to click the plus sign, nothing happens. When I hover over the button, it says "You are on the mission to unlock a second combat style." What am I missing? What more do I need to do? I'm assuming it's because I didn't reach a certain Dark Side rating and just went full light?

There should be a purple mission to change your combat style.

I could change my Juggernaut into a sorcerer heal. The loadouts work too.

Love the clean new look :)

Only thing I don´t like is the way the inventory looks now. The empty slots look a bit too bulky with the blue outline.

Maybe make the line thinner or more transparent.

But all in all I´m very excited for 7.0.

I have a question for the skill tree (we can use that word again :D ) of the Arsenal Merc. Chaff Flare (Aggro reduce), Supercharged Celerity (Raid buff), and Power Overrides (getting instants) is in one Tier. This is basically three different things you need for a raid. I didn't see that on any other class, where it is usually "oh, that is good for solo, and that for PvP, and I will need this for a raid". Do you feel the Arsenal Merc is currently overpowered?

I know the Character interface is a WIP (Work in Progress). However, if does have some issues, especially while levelling your character.

With the loadouts tab there is a rename and copy options but no update/save feature. As your current loadout isn’t updating as you progress. This is workable, if you are only using the default ability tree choices, but annoying if are choosing non default ability tree options. To work around this, you need to rename your current loadout for it to update.

With the combat style tab, if it could give you some sort of warning when you select a combat style and or disciplines to say this will reset your ability tree and interface would be helpful. A suggestion to help with this is, if you have previously saved a Loadout for that combat style or discipline it will update to the previous used loadout you used for that Combat style and or discipline.

I have a question for the skill tree (we can use that word again :D ) of the Arsenal Merc. Chaff Flare (Aggro reduce), Supercharged Celerity (Raid buff), and Power Overrides (getting instants) is in one Tier. This is basically three different things you need for a raid. I didn't see that on any other class, where it is usually "oh, that is good for solo, and that for PvP, and I will need this for a raid". Do you feel the Arsenal Merc is currently overpowered?

You don't need instant that much, since priming shot gives you this every few gcds. I always despised tracer getting that option and was saving power surge for fusion missile adds aoe.

The raid buff can, and should be executed by A merc healer and nowadays you should always have one in group when doing hm/ nim content.

So basically there is one choice: chaff flare. Although I will agree that these should be baseline, it's not that big of a deal as the damage output and sustained dps for Arsenal.

These 2 points should be addressed, but again we are getting concentrated fire in implants and big no when it comes to our viability in raid rooster.

Once again we are getting the same treatment,

Shame

To start with, I love the idea of Combat styles. It's so refreshing and can allow us to play a few characters if we have less time (no more 16-hours daily playtime time with 5-months child). But I agree with some people that we should have option to pick secondary Force Combat style when we play Tech class and secondary Tech Style if we play Force class. It will be interesting for chosen role-playing situations like playing Force-sensitive BH or character who can wield force but don't want to be Sith or Jedi.

Force us to pick Force style when we create Force story-character and Tech one when we start Tech character. Just allow us to pick opposite style as second later.

• 1 month later...
TACTICALS do not work on Pub side players who changed their PRIMARY combat style (for example, a Dark sided Jedi Shadow that swapped to Assassin). The tacticals themselves still refer to Shadow abilities, even though I am in the Assassin spec. For example, the Two Cloaks tactical never gives you a second charge of Force Cloak, and based on dummy parsing, there is obviously issues with other tacticals.