Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

DarthLordB
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1121
Quote: Originally Posted by freakuancy View Post
But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.
I realize you are trying very hard to seem as if "YOU" know what your talking about Sir. However, those microcosmic levels you are talking about is WRONG. If they wanted to test the download game client then why allow early download? You fail Sir with your analogy. Furthermore, those microcosmic levels should have been fully tested with the open beta as well. If not then BW DOES fail at testing.

sagmanli
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1122
still waiting (((
-----------------------------
May the force be with you

Raigoth
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1123
I thought this was suppose to be a wave release update thread not a complain about not having early access thread... But what do I know.

Seantom
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1124
relax we will all get in

EncaitarFirestar
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1125
The Dark Side swells within the community, the SithWare Empire has risen again!

Zurkiba
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1126
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckingNinja View Post
2) Seriously? I think a staggered EARLY ACCESS launch is a great idea. Just think back to the beta - everyone doing the same quests, everything dead and waiting for a while to respawn so you can do it then trying to turn quests in when so many people around the quest giver etc.

You obviously did not play the beta in any form--
The areas are broken up into instances and most story-related quests have their own unique story-instance made for you and your party.
The Crimson Inquisition
No one expects the Crimson Inquisition

freakuancy
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1127
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryptorchid View Post
No, what they should have done is sent out an email a week ago that outlined the schedule for each wave. That would have alleviated a lot of people's issues.
And what YOU should have done is read the OP where Stephen explained very clearly that there is no set schedule, they are adjusting each wave as they gather useful metrics and adjust accordingly.
ך||||°|◊| ███████████████████████████)

Smokey_swtor
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1128
Quote: Originally Posted by Redsuns_ View Post
where is the 3rd wave? this is ridiculous
Its came already!! Better luck on the 4th!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunitsukami View Post
People are allowed to have opinions, and when you give them complete anonymity and a voice they become double a-holes.

Aliceblue
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1129
Maybe its like magic !
If we all ask for wave 3 itīll happen!
Believe in The force

Arutimishia
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1130
Just to give you guys some info. I just got my mail to get invited and i pre-ordered 23 july. 16:26 (gmt+1) i received my e-mail. Incase you want more information the subject of the mail was: Early Game Access* has begun. It's time to play.

I guess i'll see you guys ingame! and keep the hopes up guys and gals <3
Ravenwood Corporation
Keeping the Republic safe.
- Social light RP guild -