Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else getting *LAG SPIKE* situation on our 'Star Forge' server today....??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Star Forge
Anyone else getting *LAG SPIKE* situation on our 'Star Forge' server today....??

Noziroh_B
05.11.2021 , 03:06 PM | #11
Yes, significant lag spike's across the bored means that the game cannot play be playe'd by me or other's like me who are having lag issue(s)?

Xcarvlar
05.11.2021 , 03:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Noziroh_B View Post
Yes, significant lag spike's across the bored means that the game cannot play be playe'd by me or other's like me who are having lag issue(s)?
You can track their posts here

https://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

As of now they haven't even acknowledged the issue.

Zocmar
05.11.2021 , 03:42 PM | #13
I was experiencing lag issues with SWTOR and not other applications.

Try a VPN. Alot have free trials. I downloaded Nord VPN. Changed to Vancouver, Canada. And all lags went away

BlackKaiserDrake
05.11.2021 , 04:13 PM | #14
Been having the same issue since around 10AM EST when I was doing the 5 Weekly Flashpoint thing on my Mara. Been spiking betwen 133ms and 44k ms ping all day since.

Emeitbos
05.11.2021 , 04:14 PM | #15
been having lag spikesof 2 - 5 sec for the last week when on Gree but nothing like to day. Running 10-15 sec delays 4 times per minuite. Reloaded, relogged, changed connection and isp with no change. Game is totally unplayable. Played from day one but nothing ever this bad.
To the guy who changed to Vancover, have been using NORD VPN for several years. Changed locations in the US, Canada and Germany and without VPN all with the same results - min 10 sec delays.

tranzmatt
05.11.2021 , 05:17 PM | #16
FFS, fix the g-ddamn lag! Ever since you dropped 6.3, it's been doing this.

Zonyxfel
05.11.2021 , 05:35 PM | #17
Tried everything I could think of, verifying games files, restarted pc, restarted router, tried different characters, different locations all the same, big lag spikes everywhere.

I tried another online game to see if it was me and that game was fine, it's just SWTOR. I was looking forward to playing today but it's just not fun with all the nasty lag spikes.

Sheebla
05.11.2021 , 06:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zonyxfel View Post
Tried everything I could think of, verifying games files, restarted pc, restarted router, tried different characters, different locations all the same, big lag spikes everywhere.

I tried another online game to see if it was me and that game was fine, it's just SWTOR. I was looking forward to playing today but it's just not fun with all the nasty lag spikes.
Yep, had a bunch of deaths doing the heroics, cost me about 50k in gear repairs trying to force progress on the Seasons Daily since i couldn't respond to NPC actions. that IS the gaming experience we are paying for, right? I mean this is fun?

Sheebla
05.11.2021 , 06:35 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcarvlar View Post
You can track their posts here

https://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

As of now they haven't even acknowledged the issue.
have you ever, in the entire time the game has existed ever seen them even once acknowledge that universal lag spikes are occurring? did an informal poll on fleet asking anyone who WASN'T experiencing lag to say so. 5 minutes, not 1 reply. hardly scientific I know, but not 1 person on fleet could say their connection was good? I'm biased I know but that sounds like there just might be some kind of issue on THEIR end, especially since it's reported to not just be on SF server. may create a char on a european server just to test there but I expect it's the same there

philwil
05.11.2021 , 07:26 PM | #20
what internet provider do you guys use?

Just seeing if its common thing with them or not.

Mine is SPECTRUM
Flux
Snuffleupagus, Sishyafiq, Baby Yodda, and many, many more
23k plus matches under my belt
Please dont take my advice. I know nothing.