SW:TOR PvP is LAGvCC

OpenSorce

Great game, one of the best I've ever played. The warzone system is second to none. Really and truly superb. However, my guild and I came here for PvP which does not yet exist in warzones.

As the title says SW:TOR PvP is actually Lag vs. CC. We need more diminishing returns on CC, I can't stress this enough.

CC is fun in PvP, too much CC is game-breaking in PvP.

If a player is slowed/stunned/blinded/whatever he should be immune to CC for 30 seconds after the CC breaks.

Also, the lag issue, while vastly improved today is still a big problem. I haven't spoken to a player yet who's frame rates are not cut it half, at best, the moment he or she enters a warzone.

Let's hope that these problems are being addressed.

Edited by OpenSorce

The actual raw CC isn't really as bad as made out to be. 2 stuns will trigger resolve and the length of it is actually pretty decent. The one really noticible thing though is snares. They do not trigger resolve, are not prevented by resolve, and are quite rampant making pvp feel like slo-mo most of the time. This is further compounded by the fact that prior to being snared you were probably just running around with sprint on causing a 50% slow to feel more like a 60%+.

This is basically one of my biggest gripes atm. As a Marauder (i.e. The class that got completely shafted until he hits lvl 50) my greatest weakness is not being able to get close and attack. I can't attack while moving, so in most cases enemies can just casually walk away from me and let me take AOE and ranged damage until they're ready to finish me off.

So when I get hit with multiple CCs and multiple speed reduction affects, 75% of some games my character is just standing around waiting for Unleash to cooldown (So I can use it only to be immediately caught in another CC. >_>).

Seems like the best solution, at least from a Warrior's standpoint, would be to reduce a lot of the Warrior's cooldowns (Like Force Charge and Unleash). Or at least give them the occasional speed boost, especially Marauders. Marauders aren't tanky or tough, so when they get held in place or slowed down it's a HUGE a disadvantage. Basically a sitting duck because no one wil go near you (you're DPS) but you can't go near them (CC'd/Slowed).

I lol at how EVERY class has a "Nerf this" or "They're OP" thread on the forums except the Sith Warrior Marauder. Really speaks VOLUMES! I finally reached 40, got Annihilation and am finally competent in PvP. Only took 40 lvls of enduring pain to get there. :D

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

Show me the 2 stuns that fill up the resolve bar .. in WZ you constantly stunned/mezzed/knockdown .. if it were only slow/knockback interupt i wouldnt care, but an pvp game were you have to stand still all Skills locked out, so you cant do anything beside watching your health bar go down ... is just .... no i dont say it :)

Most CCs in this game are on short CD with the ONLY breaker you have on a 3min CD.

This is basically one of my biggest gripes atm. As a Marauder (i.e. The class that got completely shafted until he hits lvl 50) my greatest weakness is not being able to get close and attack. I can't attack while moving, so in most cases enemies can just casually walk away from me and let me take AOE and ranged damage until they're ready to finish me off.

So when I get hit with multiple CCs and multiple speed reduction affects, 75% of some games my character is just standing around waiting for Unleash to cooldown (So I can use it only to be immediately caught in another CC. >_>).

Seems like the best solution, at least from a Warrior's standpoint, would be to reduce a lot of the Warrior's cooldowns (Like Force Charge and Unleash). Or at least give them the occasional speed boost, especially Marauders. Marauders aren't tanky or tough, so when they get held in place or slowed down it's a HUGE a disadvantage. Basically a sitting duck because no one wil go near you (you're DPS) but you can't go near them (CC'd/Slowed).

I lol at how EVERY class has a "Nerf this" or "They're OP" thread on the forums except the Sith Warrior Marauder. Really speaks VOLUMES! I finally reached 40, got Annihilation and am finally competent in PvP. Only took 40 lvls of enduring pain to get there. :D

/agree

I'm a 39 Marauder, good to know it gets better at 40 :-)

Show me the 2 stuns that fill up the resolve bar .. in WZ you constantly stunned/mezzed/knockdown .. if it were only slow/knockback interupt i wouldnt care, but an pvp game were you have to stand still all Skills locked out, so you cant do anything beside watching your health bar go down ... is just .... no i dont say it :)

Most CCs in this game are on short CD with the ONLY breaker you have on a 3min CD.

^This. All day long.

I'm in favor of one stun causing a full resolve, and for resolve working too.

I know it's not fun stunned from 100-0% health. And it's not fun killing someone stunned for their whole life either.

Do they want people fighting each other, or sitting there being stunned and killed? Seems like the latter. Total fun killer.

I'm in favor of one stun causing a full resolve, and for resolve working too.

I know it's not fun stunned from 100-0% health. And it's not fun killing someone stunned for their whole life either.

Do they want people fighting each other, or sitting there being stunned and killed? Seems like the latter. Total fun killer.

I seriously doubt it's working as intended. The game is still new, I hope this is an issue they will resolve soon.

I post this every time CC comes up for discussion.

The resolve bar begins to reset the moment you die, it is usually reset completely by the time you leave the spawn and return to action.

If you died to being CC locked, then there is nothing to prevent you being CC killed the moment you come out of the spawn point.

Essentially you could, if unlucky enough, spend an entire Warzone either stunned or running back to the action.

If that is working as intended then the person who intended it to work like that needs a good talking to.

If a player is slowed/stunned/blinded/whatever he should be immune to CC for 30 seconds after the CC breaks.

30 secs? That's a tad too much. People would want to get CC's for a short time so that they can be unstoppable for a while. It would also reduce the point of having a CC breaker ability.

The only thing they need to fix is that resolve actually stops CC once the bar is full and not like it is atm so that you stay in CC or can get CC's even when it's full.

30 secs? That's a tad too much. People would want to get CC's for a short time so that they can be unstoppable for a while. It would also reduce the point of having a CC breaker ability.

The only thing they need to fix is that resolve actually stops CC once the bar is full and not like it is atm so that you stay in CC or can get CC's even when it's full.

Gonna disagree with you. CC should not be that big a of a part of PvP. And an unstunnable person is not unstoppable. Hit him.

I post this every time CC comes up for discussion.

The resolve bar begins to reset the moment you die, it is usually reset completely by the time you leave the spawn and return to action.

If you died to being CC locked, then there is nothing to prevent you being CC killed the moment you come out of the spawn point.

Essentially you could, if unlucky enough, spend an entire Warzone either stunned or running back to the action.

If that is working as intended then the person who intended it to work like that needs a good talking to.

Been there, done that. You're right.

• 1 year later...

Marauder PvP 30-49: Run in, charge, get stunned twice, and die. Rinse and repeat.

Marauder PvP 30-49: Run in, charge, get stunned twice, and die. Rinse and repeat.

So what do you expect really by jumping into a group of 4-5 enemies...? If you aren't doing a self sacrifice to prevent a capping so your teammates do have some time to get there and help out.... what are you doing?

Gonna disagree with you. CC should not be that big a of a part of PvP. And an unstunnable person is not unstoppable. Hit him.

1. CC is already a big part of PvP in any game, any genre. Deal with it.

2. Unstunnable person is unstoppable to anyone who has weaker firepower, or relies on sustained damage rather than burst. Your concept of PvP is nothing more than a contest of "who's got bigger guns and thicker shell" -- rather than anything about skill. Want to make the lolsmashers even more powerful?

A shining example of a terribad, no doubt... :)

I mean, if playing a mara/sent was so simple as just going kamikaze, boy did I waste time in trying to practice combat timing -- so I can jump in with the lowest profile, deal damage I want, and then escape the scene alive... :rolleyes:

1. CC is already a big part of PvP in any game, any genre. Deal with it.

2. Unstunnable person is unstoppable to anyone who has weaker firepower, or relies on sustained damage rather than burst. Your concept of PvP is nothing more than a contest of "who's got bigger guns and thicker shell" -- rather than anything about skill. Want to make the lolsmashers even more powerful?

1. Wrong

2. Wrong again. It's more about skill than who can chain CC or not.

A shining example of a terribad, no doubt... :)

I mean, if playing a mara/sent was so simple as just going kamikaze, boy did I waste time in trying to practice combat timing -- so I can jump in with the lowest profile, deal damage I want, and then escape the scene alive... :rolleyes:

A mara/sent shouldn't have to play that way. Other dps classes don't...

You left out the part where globals vanish into thin air for no accountable reason.

Also as to the "skill" in this game it seems to be more based on who can better abuse bolster lately. All kinds of baddies are suddenly winning warzones now that this bug is out and it's very tiring. It's exactly the same as when the augment bug was out, man the tuesday after it got fixed was the best day of warzones ever. Soooo many "leet" ******* getting run over that day.

Edited by JP_Legatus

• 8 years later...