If you want more people to pvp...

YaddleTwo

Don't yell at people and call them demeaning and nasty names when they don't live up to your supreme expectations of perfection when they don't solo the opposing team.

Some of us play this video game for fun And people wonder why ranked is the same 4 people all the time, but these incidences just happened in unranked so there goes that excuse.

And while we're at it discord fixing still seems to be going on I guess as I just witnessed an obvious fix.

What I would do if devs could just sit in pvp and watch what goes on somedays...

Don't yell at people and call them demeaning and nasty names when they don't live up to your supreme expectations of perfection when they don't solo the opposing team.

Some of us play this video game for fun And people wonder why ranked is the same 4 people all the time, but these incidences just happened in unranked so there goes that excuse.

And while we're at it discord fixing still seems to be going on I guess as I just witnessed an obvious fix.

What I would do if devs could just sit in pvp and watch what goes on somedays...

At the end of the day, it's the internet. People are turds. That's not going to change regardless whats implemented. The PVP chat can be more intense than the gameplay.

At the end of the day, it's the internet. People are turds. That's not going to change regardless whats implemented. The PVP chat can be more intense than the gameplay.

I'm aware, my first pvp in an mmo was Star Wars Galaxies.

On the other hand it's not always just adults they being donkey butts towards either not that anyone should unload obscenities towards and tell an adult to "delete themselves" IRL (not the words they used), either because they didn't click a button you wanted them too

Again I wish devs would sit there and watch the pvp chats, or better yet, record them all, read though them and maybe do something about the abuse?

While we're at it why can't we record chat, LOTRO lets to save it as a running document as a default after you click a button so I know it can be done, Would be easier for reports.

Love a good Troll post but I'll bite.

Can we stop being carebears. If you're not trash talking the other team or can't take it why pvp.

Not just pvp but compete in anything in general. Anything that envolves competition should have a healthy amount of trash talk.

Imagine playing football and telling the other guy how good of a player he is....... LOL. Sure you'll buy him a beer afterwards but during the game..........

Can we stop being carebears. If you're not trash talking the other team or can't take it why pvp.

Not just pvp but compete in anything in general. Anything that envolves competition should have a healthy amount of trash talk.

Imagine playing football and telling the other guy how good of a player he is....... LOL. Sure you'll buy him a beer afterwards but during the game..........

To be honest, you just made her point.

You do not have to talk trash or talk people down in competition. A lot of people at the end of a match will say GG even in a loss, especially if it was hard fought. You can acknowledge when someone played well, its just as easy as telling people they suck after all.

People talk about maps, and game modes that pvp needs when none of that matters when this is the prevailing mentality of the modern PvPer. THIS is why PvP isnt a concern by th devs, it doesnt matter what they do, we will screw it up.

There’s a firm difference between trash talk and toxic behavior. Mocking someone for not killing you in a 1v1 is one thing. Telling someone to commit you-know-what, insulting their mother, whispering them with a stream of profanity, and slinging racist, sexist, or homophobic slurs are all unacceptable, regardless of your opinion on trash talk.

Btw, the OP was mostly talking about people on your team getting mad and taking it out on you when you guys lose, which is far different from trash talk. It’s not about “being carebears”. It’s about basic human decency and understanding how not to spew toxicity just because you didn’t win in a video game.

Hate to break it to you, but football players and other athletes congratulate the other team all the time. Like every single time. Complements, handshakes, hugs, and yes, even going out for beer. They even show consideration for each other on the field. It’s called sportsmanship.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2635422-10-recent-awesome-acts-of-sportsmanship.amp.html

Edited by Enticy

"Trash talk" between friends is fine, but from people you don't know? That's just abuse.

There’s a firm difference between trash talk and toxic behavior. Mocking someone for not killing you in a 1v1 is one thing. Telling someone to commit you-know-what, insulting their mother, whispering them with a stream of profanity, and slinging racist, sexist, or homophobic slurs are all unacceptable, regardless of your opinion on trash talk.

Btw, the OP was mostly talking about people on your team getting mad and taking it out on you when you guys lose, which is far different from trash talk. It’s not about “being carebears”. It’s about basic human decency and understanding how not to spew toxicity just because you didn’t win in a video game.

Hate to break it to you, but football players and other athletes congratulate the other team all the time. Like every single time. Complements, handshakes, hugs, and yes, even going out for beer. They even show consideration for each other on the field. It’s called sportsmanship.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2635422-10-recent-awesome-acts-of-sportsmanship.amp.html

BTW not really what happens on a day to day basis. I played in the SEC the number of times someone said things they would do to me or my family is too many to count....

Don't believe everything you see in the media bb.

]

This.

And before anyone tells me for the umpteenth time to "get a thick skin this is the internet just how it is"

I've pvp'd in every mmo i've played. I actually love pvp for the challenge.

I play fps's and other types,.

I have had the audacity to be a woman and play video games since before they were all online and I've had things flung towards me that would make you wonder if humanity is worth saving. This isn't my first rodeo ya know?

But what I was told yesterday, in an unranked pvp match, actually two because the person showed up again in a successive match, hit a new low and that is very hard to do.

Saying "haha you suck" would be ok... saying "you should (several expletives) delete the (expletive) game and your (several adjectives that are not at all kind as well as expletives laced in for good measure) self" ...not fair, not cool and not right. (also not all of what they said).

Over a game...

Edited by YaddleTwo

This.

And before anyone tells me for the umpteenth time to "get a thick skin this is the internet just how it is"

I've pvp'd in every mmo i've played. I actually love pvp for the challenge.

I play fps's and other types,.

I have had the audacity to be a woman and play video games since before they were all online and I've had things flung towards me that would make you wonder if humanity is worth saving. This isn't my first rodeo ya know?

But what I was told yesterday, in an unranked pvp match, actually two because the person showed up again in a successive match, hit a new low and that is very hard to do.

Saying "haha you suck" would be ok... saying "you should (several expletives) delete the (expletive) game and your (several adjectives that are not at all kind as well as expletives laced in for good measure) self" ...not fair, not cool and not right. (also not all of what they said).

Over a game...

I feel you sister, as a women myself, you’ve perfectly described my own experience with this game. But as you can see from some of the immature responses here, the problem is endemic and is only getting worse the older this game gets. You could try doing what my wife does and turn chat off completely. Of course you can’t see any tactical chat either, but you don’t really need it if you’ve got good situational awareness.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 2 weeks later...

It is impossible to separate PvP from some measure of disappointment, the risk of defeat, and humbling experiences, but that does not mean that opponents need to triumph obnoxiously, and worse, that teammates need to excoriate misplays. Bioware could help, of course, by changing the PvP dailies from "victories" to "games played" so that the dailies can be accomplished with defeats again...particularly as this will be a method of gearing in LotS.