No in game sound with Windows 10

Auvethi

I am running Windows 10 Pro and over the past few months I have had the SWTOR in game sound intermittently muted for weeks at a time. I've tried all the typical solutions (clt + S, mixer, up dating drivers and so on) but none of them worked.

The YouTube video from 2018 illustrates the exact problems that I was having too. Can hear sound right up until you press the play button and during cinematics but no in game sound. Can listen to music, Discord and all other sounds but not Star Wars the Old Republic. This was a very annoying and challenging SWTOR feature.

Well today I stumbled across a posting from an Anthem player ( u/Jjm7 ) having a similar issue which fixed my SWTOR muted in game sound issue. Posting this to help anyone else out there in the muted galaxy.

Specifics: No Audio when playing SWTOR. Windows 10 Pro.

Fix:

1) Navigate to Sound Settings

2) Select "Device properties"

3) Select "Device properties"

4) Select "Additional device properties"

5) Under Speaker Properties select the tab "Enhancements"

6) Uncheck the "Disable all sound effects" option

7) Restart game and you should now have audio

I hope this posting is helpful as it has been a time consuming and challenging problem over the past several months.

Cheers!

The other classic is if the Windows sound mixer application-specific volume setting for SWTOR is set to mute, it doesn't matter what SWTOR asks for. (Similarly, the mixer's volume setting, if not 100% or 0%, offers a sort of "envelope" within which SWTOR's own settings operate.)