Galaxy's Edge -- Thoughts?

Xina_LA

Have any of you been to Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland or Disneyworld yet?

If so, what did you think?

Was the app game cool? Did you interact with any of the droids?

How were the rides? Did you do the custom lightsaber building roleplay experience?

Most of all, did it feel true to Star Wars?

Edited by Xina_LA

I've seen YoTube video of them making their own lightsabers. It was so cringy. People there just wanted to make it fast and those "actors" were dragging it on and on and on. Personally I'll probably see it, when NEVER comes around. I mean actually going there.

I've seen YoTube video of them making their own lightsabers. It was so cringy. People there just wanted to make it fast and those "actors" were dragging it on and on and on. Personally I'll probably see it, when NEVER comes around. I mean actually going there.

I felt the same way. I believe there's a fundamental disconnect. They do the lightsaber building ceremony as if they expect children to participate. It would be perfect for them. However, how many families are going to spend $225 per child to participate? Oh wait, I forgot the $12+ each kyber crystals, of which you'll want several, even some of the same color to get the various characters for your holocron. Plus holocrons. So... $300 per child?

I imagine if you asked them to skip the ceremony and just sell you the saber, they'd do it without complaint.

The outpost, however, looks fantastic and I'm excited about the new hotel (with cosplay) that they're building at Disneyworld. Hopefully they'll update their costume rules for it.

Edited by Xina_LA

first thought needs more rides. Only launching with 1 and a second hopefully coming by 2019 is nice but it should have at least 4 proper rides.

Biggest problem is the same thing with Harry Potter land at Universal the shops are all way too small. Other then that the theaming is amazing

I felt the same way. I believe there's a fundamental disconnect. They do the lightsaber building ceremony as if they expect children to participate. It would be perfect for them. However, how many families are going to spend $225 per child to participate? Oh wait, I forgot the $12+ each kyber crystals, of which you'll want several, even some of the same color to get the various characters for your holocron. Plus holocrons. So... $300 per child?

oh yeah they will. Disney has been doing this stuff for years. They have the Bippity boppity Botique where girls can get a princess makeover and dress for $450+

Disney knows how to seperate people from their money especially if they have kids.

• 2 weeks later...