Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF CQ points... Please refine to make them conditional in kills, damage...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
GSF CQ points... Please refine to make them conditional in kills, damage...

farren_whyde
01.28.2021 , 02:29 PM | #1
...Because far too many people are just sitting on satellites, allowing themselves to be killed, not helping the team.

I get the need for CQ points. But you're in an MMO - other people are playing, remember? Things you do affect others, and their enjoyment of the game. You may not like GSF but other people do, and your rather selfish approach dampens the games. If you want CQ points, do something you enjoy? Preferably PvE based? You can easily grab points in other ways.

Mild rant over. Carry on.
I'm just not a lightsaber kind of person.

Toraak
01.28.2021 , 04:36 PM | #2
Well this is what we got. Certain people on these forums complained all summer GSF didn't give out enough Conquest. Now we have players that are in GSF exclusively for the easy 500k conquest points per week.

The problem is, what is more important for the GSF community at this point. Low conquest points and slow pops? or High conquest points and putting up with those that aren't there to actually participate or try to improve?

The answer to that will be different for each individual player, but I suspect most would take more matches, even tho we have to put up with players doing nothing in matches.

phalczen
01.28.2021 , 05:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by farren_whyde View Post
...Because far too many people are just sitting on satellites, allowing themselves to be killed, not helping the team.
Well, I'm not encouraging anyone to go AFK or to sit still while being shot at, but it is correct play that pilots should be staying as close to the satellites as possible. I don't want new, genuinely interested, players, thinking that it is ok to leave the satellites on a routine basis.

Furthermore, even if a new player is not familiar with GSF enough to know how to maneuver under a sat to avoid incoming fire, even if a player goes AFK, that satellite stays green. Please understand, I am not supporting degenerate play of any kind. But it is a fact that the longer a ship remains within the defender range of the satellite the longer it will remain under that team's control. It is true that a stationary target whose pilot is AFK will not survive incoming fire for very long. But on a Lost Shipywards match for example, where the spawn points are very close to A or C, those seconds could give enough time for an ATK pilot to respawn and get back to the sat.

A pilot under a satellite is, well, orders of magnitude more useful than an asteroid-collider.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

philwil
01.29.2021 , 08:24 AM | #4
The age old question.

Do you want quality matches?

Or quantity?

Well, right now we have lots of matches, of low quality.

Most people, if they think about it, would take q1uantity over quality.

Ask Satele Shan pilots about that.

There for a good while, gsf was given up for dead there.

It barely has a heartbeat now.
Flux
Snuffleupagus, Sishyafiq, Baby Yodda, and many, many more
23k plus matches under my belt
Please dont take my advice. I know nothing.

Decalin
01.29.2021 , 02:07 PM | #5
We did raise this during the conquest changes, and as expected, it did lead to more afk players.

TBH though, I don't think the afk players outweigh the amount of new participating players by a long shot, leaving us in a better place overall. While I was a supporter of earning x medals rather than being on the winning team, not sure I would change it at this point.

Enticy
01.31.2021 , 04:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by farren_whyde View Post

I get the need for CQ points. But you're in an MMO - other people are playing, remember? Things you do affect others, and their enjoyment of the game. You may not like GSF but other people do, and your rather selfish approach dampens the games. If you want CQ points, do something you enjoy? Preferably PvE based? You can easily grab points in other ways.

Mild rant over. Carry on.
Iím not sure what server you fly on, but Iíve never seen this kind of thing. At least Iíve never seen it in any capacity that could cost a team a match. For every one person going AFK thereís at least five or six people working hard. Besides, once these people get their points, theyíre gone. Letís not risk the devs doing to GSF what they did to PvP and making it Ďwins onlyí for dailies, weeklies, and CQ. This community is small enough as it is.
http://www.swtor.com/r/C5HCPD My referral link.

philwil
02.04.2021 , 04:05 AM | #7
Actually, there are many rants in discord on how many zeros show up on the scoreboard after a match.

So, you are evidently turning a blind eye to it, or you arent expecting much at all in any team mate.

Im talking, at least half a team with one or two medals or less, 10 percent accuracy and maybe 2k damage if any at all, along with 7-10 deaths.
Flux
Snuffleupagus, Sishyafiq, Baby Yodda, and many, many more
23k plus matches under my belt
Please dont take my advice. I know nothing.

Eli_Porter
02.04.2021 , 04:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by philwil View Post
Actually, there are many rants in discord on how many zeros show up on the scoreboard after a match.

So, you are evidently turning a blind eye to it, or you arent expecting much at all in any team mate.

Im talking, at least half a team with one or two medals or less, 10 percent accuracy and maybe 2k damage if any at all, along with 7-10 deaths.
If they truly want CQ points then they will try getting a win and medals for more points. Beyond 3 deaths (each on different ship types) the CQ system encourages trying to win.

Toraak
02.04.2021 , 12:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
If they truly want CQ points then they will try getting a win and medals for more points. Beyond 3 deaths (each on different ship types) the CQ system encourages trying to win.
why would they care? Most of them are there for the 5 matches played in each ship type
Fly 5 matches in a scout 85k conquest with 10% guild perk, + 150% SH bonus
Fly 5 matches in a bomber 85k
Fly 5 matches in a GS 85k
Fly 5 matches in a Strike 85k

These are the Conquest objectives players are going for. If you replace these with earning medals we may get more quality of players, but I'm sure you'll get less players in the queu. So as I said in my 1st post. We need to decide Quality matches or Quantity of matches. Which of these do we really want?

DarkTergon
02.04.2021 , 06:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
Well this is what we got. Certain people on these forums complained all summer GSF didn't give out enough Conquest. Now we have players that are in GSF exclusively for the easy 500k conquest points per week.

The irony of this is funny, and i remember those threads very well. They wanted CQ, they wanted more people, etc. That's what you got, and just like in pvp, etc, you will get people that will do the minimum amount. At least in PvE content, if someone is hiding in an op, or fp, you can sometimes kick them.

Maybe do to gsf what you did to pvp, and make it just wins? It worked so well for pvp /sarcasm*
*just in case some don't understand.

You can't really make it conditional on kills, not everyone will get a kill, especially starting out, it would be like making only pvp kills count, and as we know there, there are already too many people ignoring objectives.

EDIT: You also have <Starfighter: Conquer the Skies> , which is just a match, not even a win. I'm surprised more people are playing GSF.
6 Days and counting ..damnit....do I keep going and hope Y10 is worth it
--------------------------------
Proud owner of 'Endwalker' , the first non SWTOR item I've ever pre ordered.
It's a sign of the times, my swtor sub has been used to sub a different game.