Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

List of broken codex entries?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
List of broken codex entries?

Jagwar's Avatar


Jagwar
09.22.2021 , 08:13 AM | #1
I was trying to 100% complete Balmorra codex as a Sith Warrior before moving on, and got it all except for the 1 species that after digging around seems either has to come from the Queen in a Bounty Hunter instance or cannot be gotten by an imperial character at all, depending which posts are correct.

Is there a list somewhere of codex entries that aren't possible to do for specific classes?

turbomagnus's Avatar


turbomagnus
09.22.2021 , 02:18 PM | #2
Well, it's not broken in the same way, but Smugglers are supposed to get Codex entries for Mon Calamari and (I believe) Kel Dor as part of their last mission on Ord Mantell that leads them to the Republic Fleet; the encounter hasn't properly awarded the Codex entries in several years to the best of my knowledge...

CrazyScruffy's Avatar


CrazyScruffy
09.22.2021 , 04:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagwar View Post
I was trying to 100% complete Balmorra codex as a Sith Warrior before moving on, and got it all except for the 1 species that after digging around seems either has to come from the Queen in a Bounty Hunter instance or cannot be gotten by an imperial character at all, depending which posts are correct.

Is there a list somewhere of codex entries that aren't possible to do for specific classes?
If its the one I'm thinking of, all imperial characters can get the codex. There is a Colicoid right outside the entrance of a inquisitor story line, and one up on the hill that will grant it as well. However, hard to know for sure without knowing what species you are missing
"You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead." - George Lucas

Jagwar's Avatar


Jagwar
09.22.2021 , 05:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
If its the one I'm thinking of, all imperial characters can get the codex. There is a Colicoid right outside the entrance of a inquisitor story line, and one up on the hill that will grant it as well. However, hard to know for sure without knowing what species you are missing
That was for the bestiary entry for Mutated Colicoid, which I did the little wall trick to get the companion to kill it for the entry. That's also what makes finding the species I'm missing, Colicoid, hard to find on Google because most of the posts turn up the above bestiary entry and not the species one.

From what I gathered, the species entry for Imperial, "Colicoid" on Balmorra is republic only and it's a bug that it shows up for Imperials.

CrazyScruffy's Avatar


CrazyScruffy
09.22.2021 , 05:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagwar View Post
That was for the bestiary entry for Mutated Colicoid, which I did the little wall trick to get the companion to kill it for the entry. That's also what makes finding the species I'm missing, Colicoid, hard to find on Google because most of the posts turn up the above bestiary entry and not the species one.

From what I gathered, the species entry for Imperial, "Colicoid" on Balmorra is republic only and it's a bug that it shows up for Imperials.
yeah its unfortunate but its impossible for any class to get all codex entries.
"You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead." - George Lucas

Jagwar's Avatar


Jagwar
09.24.2021 , 12:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
yeah its unfortunate but its impossible for any class to get all codex entries.
That's a shame, I'm not sure why but I get a sense of satisfaction doing achievement hunting in MMO's and having it never completable bugs me.