Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Itemization in 7.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pricia
01.01.2022 , 08:29 AM | #851
Quote: Originally Posted by Strathkin View Post
I really HOPE they used the next 45 days to FIX and improve SWTOR 7.0 before Launch. It's be nice if that allowed them to release 7.1 a bit sooner, not sure that it will however.
Eh they haven't fixed anything yet, they are in vacations. Which is fine.

But they will fix the numerous bugs, not the design.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but we lose 110% accuracy with the new gear...

Pietrastor
01.02.2022 , 05:18 AM | #852
Quote: Originally Posted by Strathkin View Post
It's be nice if that allowed them to release 7.1 a bit sooner, not sure that it will however.
I can already tell you with 100% confidence it won't release sooner for sure, they already said it themselves and common sense and a quick look at how much content they actually added to the game in the past 2 years or so will make it clear. They're barely able to produce ANY new content. 2021 had ONE Flashpoint and 2 small mirror Strongholds added. That's it. For the entire year. Any talk about anyhing getting released sooner in this game is nonsense.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

TheVoyant
01.11.2022 , 06:45 AM | #853
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
I can already tell you with 100% confidence it won't release sooner for sure, they already said it themselves and common sense and a quick look at how much content they actually added to the game in the past 2 years or so will make it clear. They're barely able to produce ANY new content. 2021 had ONE Flashpoint and 2 small mirror Strongholds added. That's it. For the entire year. Any talk about anyhing getting released sooner in this game is nonsense.
Well said, If you stop expecting high quality big studio effort and compare it to more of a game being run by an underfunded indie studio it lines up a bit more. Though I think the Indie studio would care more about their consumers and value them more.

Just doesn't seem like anyone takes pride in their work over there, gives off massive "I just show up for a paycheck and clock out" vibes.

It's why when people ask for a UI or menu tweak I'm like "no, no, no... No more menu work." They need to be on Flashpoints and Operations, or even though the story is so broken at this point... Even a good massive story I could respect, as long as its more like Class Stories and not like KotFE.

offence
01.22.2022 , 07:33 AM | #854
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Eric,

Did you and Charles not learn from the disastrous fiasco that you tired to do in 6.0? With the same armoring plan as your doing here? And you decided after all the hell that was raised it was not a good thing? Why is it that BioWare must discriminate against the non-nightmare operation raiders? Why? Your discriminatory practices here is unacceptable as it is unconscionable.

Now you are taking everything away from us because you believe your new system will make our playing experience better? Really? Renown gone, improves game play? Giving his scat static green, blue, and purple gear improves game play? Tell us we cannot have access to modable gear unless we do NM operations?

This is why Final Fantasy XIV is a superior game and Square Enix a superior company to BioWare/EA. Why? Because they treat all the players the exact same way. There is no endgame gear gated behind Savage/Unreal raids. No, not at all. They gave us player a number of roads and ways to obtain endgame gear. More importantly, FFXIV does not differentiate between hardcore and casual players and those in-between. You and your company do not treat us in that manner.

Charles is doing this to placate his raiding guild and all raiders by tell us who do not do NM ops we cannot have modable gear. That is by definition discrimination. While you can do whatever your hearts so desire, ultimately, it will cost your company where it hurts it the most, the net profit. However, I'm sure y'all put enough shiny things on the cartel market people will always spend their hard earned cash and bend a knee to y'all in compliance and not bother fighting for what is right.

Charles and company are dead wrong in trying to push this new armor system through like they were in 6.0. They've made too many changes and removed ways that we who do not participate in NM ops cannot obtain modable gear. This is why I will never put on any static gear after 7.0. I will use my 306 BIS gear until such time it is useless because y'all make changes to make it so. At that point, I'm just one customer who will just delete his account and walk away quietly never to darken the doors of this once great company. BioWare is nothing more than a puppet to EA who dictates what and will be done no matter what they customers want, think, say, or do.

BioWare compared to FFXIV/SE is a 2-star game & company. Heck, if Wargaming is a couple cuts above your company right now. And you can bet your bottom dollar y'all are going to take it in the shorts when the content creators who play this game realize the unquestionable disaster 7.0 is in its current state. Y'all saw what Asmongold, Rich, and the other big streams did in their endeavors moving to FFXIV right? That may happen to BioWare/SWTOR.

Word to the wise should be sufficient. Leave the current armoring system in place leave all the boosts, renown, and other mechanics in place so we who are not NM ops players can do what we were doing. Its a win/win for everyone. What you propose, will end up as a magnificent failure of epic proportions forcing you to go back to what we now have. Karma...remember that.

Post Script: I know you'll not answer this nor will you acknowledge it. You do not care to have someone post in opposition to what you say or do. I halfway expect this to be deleted and my account sanctioned. Why? That's how y'all operate.
It seems they didn't learn anything from their past mistakes in regards of gearing , from the looks of it they are going the "World of Warcraft high end raider route" or be left alone in the dark gearing wise.

I'm a day 1 player since release and I went through all the gearing systems from RNG boxes to the disastrous Galactic Command tiers and pretty much seen everything to hell and back , the system in place rn is by far the best because it offers FREEDOM for literally anyone to play and min-max their gear without being forced into RAIDS and raiding schedules

I will give them 1 month if they don't revert this mess or add moddable gear for each game-mode of choice I will not be playing anymore and I recommend everyone else that is unhappy with these abnormal gearing changes to follow the same route as me.

Vote with your wallets people !