BUG: 6th quickbar not working since 7.0 (fixed in 7.2.1)

Cidjin

Since the release of 7.0 (already reported through the in-game bugreport tool on PTS during the 7.0 testphase), the 6th quickbar is not working properly. I see the following two issues:

1. Assign a shortcut to open the 6th quickbar (f.e.Shift+6). Pressing the shortcut then has no effect. Shutcuts to open bars 1-5 work just fine though.

2. When you have an interface with two permanently present quickbars visible and click on the up-arrow right to the quickbar to cycle through the multiple quickbars, it has the sequence: 1 -> 3 -> 4 -> 4 (but empty quickbar) -> 5 -> 1.

While 2 is skipped as expected in this case (as it's the second quickbar permanently displayed), clicking the up arrow when the 4th quickbar is displayed results in an empty quickbar still showing it as no. 4. I assume that this is actually the 6th quickbar which is incorrectly ordered in the cycle.

Edited by Cidjin
updated title

• 3 weeks later...
In the hopes of this getting visibility by the devs, I'd like to bump this bugreport once more. As stated, the 6th quickbar worked just fine before 7.0 and regressed with the release of 7.0.

In the hopes of this getting visibility by the devs, I'd like to bump this bugreport once more. As stated, the 6th quickbar worked just fine before 7.0 and regressed with the release of 7.0.

For me, it works just fine after. Characters already set up with it in 6.X or before went a bit weird, above all losing the keybinds to it, but reloading the saved keybind set fixed that, and I just had to set up the ability buttons on it again.

Tried to reset the keybindings and reassign Shift+6 to the 6th quickbar with no luck.

Uploaded a video which shows the effect I'm having: http://www.luke1410.de/raw/bug_swtor_quickbar6.mp4

At the beginning, you see that I assigned Shift+6 to quickly access the 6th quickbar (German: Umschalttaste + 6).

At timestamp 10s, I start pressing Shift+1, Shift+2,...Shift+6. You see the quickbar cycling through the 5th quickbars, but Shift+6 has no effect then (at around timestamp 16s).

At timestamp 20s I switch back to Quickbar 1 (by pressing Shift+1), and hit the up-arrows with the left mouse buttons manually cycling through the quickbars.

At timestamp 23s I press the up-arrow at quickbar 4 where you see that the bar switches over, with the number however still showing '4' and having an empty quickbar.

At timestamp 30s I hit the up arrow on that quickbar and it switches over to quickbar 5 with another click switching over back to quickbar 1.

Weird, if you are seeing a different behavior. Might it be an issue only with the German game client?

Edited by Cidjin

• 2 weeks later...
So I reached out to the support team since I suspected it might be an issue limited to my account. However, they confirmed that this indeed is a general bug. Given the support team has no direct impact on the visibility/priority of bugs on the dev team, might I ask for this issue to be added to the known bugs list, so it's at least on a tracked list which hopefully might end up in this issue getting fixed at some point in the future?

May I try once more for this bug to get noticed by the devs and put on the list of known bugs in 7.0.2a? If anything is unclear about the report and/or you are having trouble reproducing the behavior I tried to explain, I'd be more than happy to attempt to explain it in a different way again. Edited by Cidjin

• 2 months later...
The issue still persists with 7.1. It's really getting a bit disappointing, to spend so much time on reporting this issue w/o it being at least noticed as a known bug...

If they won't acknowledge a ridiculous bug, don't have to fix it either, right?

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 1:59 PM, Cidjin said:

Tried to reset the keybindings and reassign Shift+6 to the 6th quickbar with no luck.

Uploaded a video which shows the effect I'm having: http://www.luke1410.de/raw/bug_swtor_quickbar6.mp4

At the beginning, you see that I assigned Shift+6 to quickly access the 6th quickbar (German: Umschalttaste + 6).

At timestamp 10s, I start pressing Shift+1, Shift+2,...Shift+6. You see the quickbar cycling through the 5th quickbars, but Shift+6 has no effect then (at around timestamp 16s).

At timestamp 20s I switch back to Quickbar 1 (by pressing Shift+1), and hit the up-arrows with the left mouse buttons manually cycling through the quickbars.

At timestamp 23s I press the up-arrow at quickbar 4 where you see that the bar switches over, with the number however still showing '4' and having an empty quickbar.

At timestamp 30s I hit the up arrow on that quickbar and it switches over to quickbar 5 with another click switching over back to quickbar 1.

Weird, if you are seeing a different behavior. Might it be an issue only with the German game client?

Unfortunately the issue still persists with the 7.1.1 update. The video I posted here should clearly show the behavior and explain why I think this is a bug and not behaving so by design.

Would be great to get some visibility of this bug to the devs so it might get resolved in a future patch.

• Cidjin changed the title to BUG: 6th quickbar not working since 7.0 (still not working in 7.1.1)
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue, this basically makes quickbar 6 unusable to me because I don't want to have it on display all the time, cluttering my UI.

Developers, please pay attention and fix this simple key binding! Specifically: "Quickswitch to Quickbar Page 6"

• Cidjin changed the title to BUG: 6th quickbar not working since 7.0 (still not working in 7.1.1b)

In light of the upcoming 7.2 changes, wouldn't this be an issue which fits into the roadmap of UI/UX improvements/fixes of that version?
Would play nicely into the revamp changes you are planning to also get the quickbar issue resolved and hence restore the functionality of the 6th quickbar.

FWIW: Retested this week and confirmed it's still broken with 7.1.1b.

• Cidjin changed the title to BUG: 6th quickbar not working since 7.0 (still broken in 7.2)

Just spotted this entry in the known issues list:
"There is a discrepancy in the numbering of the quickbars."

Hopefully that entry corresponds to this bugreport here. Looking forward to see it fixed in an upcoming patch.

• Cidjin changed the title to BUG: 6th quickbar not working since 7.0 (still broken in 7.2a)
  • Cidjin changed the title to BUG: 6th quickbar not working since 7.0 (still broken in 7.2b)
  • Cidjin changed the title to BUG: 6th quickbar not working since 7.0 (fixed in 7.2.1)