NERFED CONQUEST CRAFTINING - now an onerus burden

NovaStardust

Greetings,

Please note that i am a subscriber and guild master for Star Masters(Rep side)/ Malice Masters (Imp side). Both are large yield conquest guilds that participate in conquest and make their quota of 5 million points each week. Four of my characters, on each side, participate in conquest every week. (total of eight)

It should also be noted that, in real life, I am a very busy person. I cannot devote all my life to playing SWTOR all the time.

Conquest crafting of 'war supplies' and crafting 'inventor' was allowing me to maintain my busy schedule and still be able to complete conquest (of a total of eight charcters} for both guilds every week.

Now that we nolonger get unlimited ability to craft these conquest items - i have to take more time out of my already busy schedule in real life to complete conquest for both guilds.

Can you game developers PLEASE restore conquest crafting to the way it was - so that completing weekly conquest will not be such an onerus burden? :(

NOVASTARDUST

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately, this will never go back to the way it was. Far too many people spent far too much time crying that the top conquest guilds are hacking and using macros to craft for conquest. So the devs decided to throw the baby out with the bath water and nerf crafting for conquest into the ground.

I'm only here because i used a referal link a last time to get a 7 day subscription. I canceled my subscription over the crafting changes.

Before the changes, i was able to reach my personal goal on 6 toons only by crafting. After the changes it was only possible to get one toon over the finishing line. It doesn't matter that i crafted like 8 hours a week, i got basically zero points after the one time achievement was done.

I will not subscribe again. Steam says, my playing time for this game was once over 40 hours in two weeks. I'm down to like 5 hours in two weeks. I'm done with this overreaction of a nerf. I will keep on playing a bit, because i want to reach the 1k hours played since Steam release. I need like 7 hours or so to hit 1k. After that, i gone for good.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Why does it interest you, what motivation other people have to do content? Does it matter for you, if your Tank in Blood Hunt only queued for the Flashpoint, because it is conquest goal this week? Or are you happy, you can do the Flashpoint with him? If your motiviation is different from others, that is okay. But why is "i do it because of conquest" some sort of a lesser thing? Why do you have to belittle someone, because he does it for other reasons than you? I see no shame, because i want to push an imaginary conquest number.

Of course, the first hundred times i did Blood Hunt, i did it because it was new, exciting, i wanted to beat it in all roles. But after 6 years of Blood Hunt, that does not matter for me anymore. I do it for conquest points.

Old content gets stale. Conquest gives you an extra incentive to do old content. And since SWTOR is known for releasing new content only every second year, there is a lot of old and stale content in this game.

I know there are a lot of people, who log in every thursday and sunday to do the same old operation, the same old boss and nothing else. Or doing the same five pvp maps for years. That is okay. But something like that is not for everyone. Many people choosed conquest to be "their thing", and this is fine too and not for everyone.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Why does it interest you, what motivation other people have to do content? Does it matter for you, if your Tank in Blood Hunt only queued for the Flashpoint, because it is conquest goal this week? Or are you happy, you can do the Flashpoint with him? If your motiviation is different from others, that is okay. But why is "i do it because of conquest" some sort of a lesser thing? Why do you have to belittle someone, because he does it for other reasons than you? I see no shame, because i want to push an imaginary conquest number.

It doesn't, as such, *interest* me, and you've misunderstood my point.

I keep hearing that this or that change messes up Conquest. Not "It messes up how I run Flashpoint X", but "It messes up how I get my Conquest points". When *every* change to the game is measured by how it affects Conquest rather than by how it affects actual gameplay (fighting in PvP, taking down FP bosses, completing story, etc.), there's something wrong.

Conquest is a "metagame" - a game about playing a game. What I see is that people regard the metagame as more important than the game and, well, that's a problem.

Regarding the question of shame, well, since your signature is all in German, I'm guessing that it's a language thing. I don't mean that the other players should be ashamed of doing it, but rather than, um, "Schade ist, dass ..." (also noted in my searches as a translation for the English expression "It's a pity that ..."), that is, that SWTOR is being reduced to little more than input into Conquest, and it could be so much more, and that's a negative thing.

Ultimately, the thing that drives me to say such things is not, as such, what the other players are doing, but what that does to SWTOR. If people complain (as I have) about what crafting changes do to, well, to crafting, or to how you can use crafting to get gear, or whatever, fine, but when the main concern about a change to some aspect of the game is *just* the effect on Conquest, there's something wrong.

Regarding the question of shame, well, since your signature is all in German, I'm guessing that it's a language thing.

Aah... yes. I'm sorry. I hear that a lot. My english is not always on point.

This one time, an user of this forum said he made a guide for the new flashpoint SoV/Master-Mode. And i was looking for something like Vullkk does. A full-fledged written guide, explaining mechanics and what to do as a tank, as a dps and as a healer. Or maybe a video guide, where he shows the mechanics and explain them for other players. But what he actually meant, was one comment on this forum, on page 8 of 24 in a thread about the flashpoint. I always thought the word guide meant something different.

Anyways... sorry again.

• 1 month later...

Interesting - what is this talk about "reduced to conquest" garbage - as if conquest belittles SWTOR gaming. (***!) Seriously? Whatever your reason for playing SWTOR - do not put down the fact that many people enjoy doing conquest. this is just another facet of the game for those who want to participate in it.

This Conquest part of the game actually promotes guild unity. It actually encourages team work from all the members in the guild - to reach a common goal. Furthermore - it is a way to encourage people to join a guild so that they can get bigger rewards than playing the game solo.

The problem herein - and the reason for this post - is to address that fact that some people have real lives out in the real world and do not have that much time to be playing this game all of the time. Thus, making conquest easier for subscribers - who actually have jobs and have to go to work and raise a family - should be addressed by the developers so that making weekly conquest will be a less stressful goal for them.

Nova

Interesting - what is this talk about "reduced to conquest" garbage - as if conquest belittles SWTOR gaming. (***!)

First off, it's my *opinion*. I'd also say that you totally missed my point, which I thought was fairly clear - the problem, if it *is* a problem (it's an opinion, remember), is not, as such, that SWTOR has been *reduced* to Cnquest, but that Conquest seems to have become *more important* than the rest of SWTOR. That is, all the rest of SWTOR has become *only* a means to an end, rather than an end in and of itself.

Are people treating, say, running flashpoints as a way to have fun, or as a way to feed Conquest? Obviously, some people aren't bothering, as such, with Conquest (i.e. they are not playing to *feed* Conquest), but do benefit from it.

Seriously? Whatever your reason for playing SWTOR - do not put down the fact that many people enjoy doing conquest.

I'm not putting them down. My proposition is that the nature of complaints has shifted from being mostly about how content is too hard or too easy (or sometimes both) or too repetitive or too much like the Kardashians in space, or ... and instead is blah blah Conquest blah blah blah (she makes Conquests) blah...

This Conquest part of the game actually promotes guild unity. It actually encourages team work from all the members in the guild - to reach a common goal. Furthermore - it is a way to encourage people to join a guild so that they can get bigger rewards than playing the game solo.

That would explain why they took action to obstruct the "hire and fire" guilds, I guess, because of all that unity and teamwork.

The problem herein - and the reason for this post - is to address that fact that some people have real lives out in the real world and do not have that much time to be playing this game all of the time. Thus, making conquest easier for subscribers - who actually have jobs and have to go to work and raise a family - should be addressed by the developers so that making weekly conquest will be a less stressful goal for them.

Everyone who posts here is a subscriber of some sort (except for a few cases where the person's subscription has ended and the navigator (EDIT: er, sorry, browser(1)) cookies haven't yet caught up), and that includes me. I have a job, so I have to go to work (even if I'm currently working from home due to our good friend Covid, I still have to go over and sit at that other PC and do some work), so no, I don't have unlimited time to play SWTOR. (In any event, regardless of anything else, nobody can play SWTOR for more than 168 hours a week anyway.)

(1) I live and work in France, where the word for (web) browser is "navigateur" == navigator in other contexts, and of course the first browser I ever used was Netscape's, er, Navigator (version 1.0).

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Conquest was made easier with patch 6.1.4, which drastically increased the points gained for a lot of activities.

The nerfs to crafting and "fire and hire" are what enabled my guild to win our first planet this week by organizing a lot of gameplay activities. We were beaten before by a crafting guild (which this week pulled 10% of our numbers) and by hire-and-fire guilds (of which there are only a few left able to compete).

Edited by Eli_Porter