Sound issues/Problèmes de son

Dufman

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but customer's assistance was not usefull at all.

I built a new PC last week and made a huge upgrade (old PC bought in 2011).

Since I reinstalled the game SWTOR on my new PC, I had a bad surprise because all sounds were muted in both launcher and game.

I checked my PC configuration :

- sound mixer is activated for SWTOR

- all drivers are up to date (latest version)

- sounds are ok in other applications or games

- "Ctrl" + "S" doesn't fix the issue (just switches tick box from fulfilled to empty)

- I tried to fix the installation twice with tool available in the launcher and it did not fix the issue

- I tried a solution proposed by customer's assistance (an exe file LauncherRepairUtilityU2021.0.18) and it did not fix the issue.

Here is my PC set up (I put everything, I don't know what could cause this issue) :

Motherboard : ASROCK B460 PRO4

CPU : Intel®_Core_i5-10400F_CPU_@_2.90GHz

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Sound card : Realtek High Definition Audio

Headset/Microphone : Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

Is there someone to have an idea about how I could fix this issue ?

Two things spring immediately to mind:

* Is the sound for SWTOR turned all the way up in the Windows mixer? (Same for the mixer's master volume.)

* Does the headset have an in-line volume control, and if so, is *it* turned up?

I ask these things because I've had problems with both of them in the past.

Thanks for this information that could help other people.

Unfortunately, the sound mixer is always up for SWTOR and my headset does not have a function to manage the volume on it.

I tried also to open the game as administrator (no effect), with compatibility with 7 or XP (no effect).

I really don't understand why this damn sound is still off in the game whereas everything is on everywhere :mad:

Edited by Dufman

And I finally found the solution...

I just deactivated in Windows my screen and Realtek card as sound devices to just let my headset on...

Apparently, even if I choose my headset as sound device by default... SWTOR still send the sound to another device...

That's dumb... but I can now play with sound.

I did not have this issue with Windows 7 and it seems for Windows 10, this action can fix the problem.

I hope this will help other people.

Thanks for telling us that it's fixed, and what you did. And yes, the Windows audio subsystem is a bit messed up. I remember having my headset's microphone as the default in Windows 7, but when I let it upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade *changed* the default to be my Rocksmith cable, which was a bit of a problem when I first tried to use Mumble afterwards.