1.0-3.x Armormech and Synthweaving Vendor Schematics - Bring Back for 7.x

arunav

Basic variations on launch gear were included in Armormech and Synthweaving vendor schematics during the 1.0-3.x era.

These included some unique looks, and the greens could be reverse engineered to achieve other color variations.

While some of us have some or all of the greens, they can no longer be reverse engineered. More importantly, many new players or those that started after 4.0 never got a chance to purchase these schematics.

The gear featured in them is quite basic, in terms of SWTOR looks, but they can be nice to use on an additional appearance tab or companion, alongside all the CM gear we collect.

With crafting seemingly getting little with 7.0, I thought players would welcome getting the old 1.0-3.x Armormech and Synthweaving schematics back, even on a temporary "10th Anniversary" vendor, to keep them seperate from the restructured Armormech and Sythweaving leveling gear paths that have been in place since 4.0.

Ideally, these could be reverse engineered like they used to be in the 1.0-3.x era.

Edited by arunav

/Signed

that there need to bring old schematic's back for the synthweaving and armormech is something there need to do.

and its think better to bring then back in the craft vendor that players can buy then from the craft vendor if there wane craft then again.

either that, or have the ability to reverse engineer those items. there are those who have those schematics that are making the items and selling them for extremely high pricess on gtn. to have the ability to reverse engineer those items, whether it's gear, items, weapons or dyes would make a huge difference

I don't understand why Bioware removes those armors / their schematics. They spent their time to design those and just discarded them like that.

Well a lot of the old stuff got removed because the developers had changed a lot of the stats and revamped all of the gear, it simply made them all outdated and rather than update them they just switched to newer gear.

This was before outfit designer however so they were indeed useless, but now they have no reason not to ring them all back.

This was before outfit designer however so they were indeed useless, but now they have no reason not to ring them all back.

thats true that it was before outfit designer there have been replace.

but now we have the outfit designer system and soon the weapon designer also so the old gear schematic's and weapon schematic's can come back in the game more for playing the cosmatic part more.

and still there are players in the communety that wane use then again since there become usefull now and not like it was back then.

and its with all the gear and weapons in the game now since we got the designer system there become usefull again as cosmatic part more.

so i see no problem to bring the old weapons and gear schematic's back again in the craft vendor's.

Well a lot of the old stuff got removed because the developers had changed a lot of the stats and revamped all of the gear, it simply made them all outdated and rather than update them they just switched to newer gear.

The schematics I'm referring to were removed when update 4.0 went live. That was well after Outfit Designer was put in the game.

Like most cosmetic items that have been taken out of the game, players suspect much of it revolves around the CM and it being increasingly emphasized over the years as where cosmetic items are intended to be sought out.

Some of the removed 1.0-3.x schematics were made into quest rewards for planetary and class story quests, and others as the purple leveling FP armor drops.

My basic frustration with BW's approach to armors in the game is they don't directly compete with the CM. We get 16 outfit tabs per character. There's plenty of room for a few in-game sets alongside all the CM ones players collect and unlock. It also allows for the occasional piece for mixing/matching with CM armor.

In general, 10-year-old launch looks aren't detracting from the appeal of the latest CM sets, or even ones that came out during 2.x, for example. The Armormech and Synthweaving schematics from 1.0-3.x simply give players access to some basic sets that are featured in the game world, and the opportunity to occasionally put something in our appearance tabs that's closer to the aesthetic of the game, instead of almost always being directed to CM items.

Edited by arunav

/Signed

that there need to bring old schematic's back for the synthweaving and armormech is something there need to do.

and its think better to bring then back in the craft vendor that players can buy then from the craft vendor if there wane craft then again.

I wished they brought back several old schematic's especially as Outfit's, if they were decent. I also wished they'd improve 'some' of the existing looks too, same with adding some new Schematic's for Max Item Level closer to 318-359?

Edited by Strathkin

• 2 weeks later...
I wished they brought back several old schematic's especially as Outfit's, if they were decent. I also wished they'd improve 'some' of the existing looks too, same with adding some new Schematic's for 318-335 as we approach a Max Item Level closer to 342?

i have see some shouts on the fleet here and there sometime's from people that wane buy some old schematic armor piece.

and since there are no schematic's for it any more and the old players that still got the is also getting rare since there not wane craft it or there do craft it and sell it also for a insame price since its something you cant get any more.

i think also some old weapon schematic's like blasters and lightsabers need to come also since in 7.0 we also get weapon desinger in the outfit desinger so the old weapons schematic's become then also usefull again.