Allow us to bypass all previous story to start Legacy of the Sith

Lt_Awoke

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get an option (either a purchasable token or recognizing an achievement for completing it at least once on each side) to skip all the story related to Onslaught, allow us to start at Legacy of the Sith on alts that aren't as fair along as our mains?

I have 30 characters, and only 3 have completed everything up to the current story. The other 27 are either somewhere between Ossus and Echos of Oblivion. Previously, we were able to bypass all the previous content and start the new story by picking up the mission on our ships...why aren't we able to do that now?

What would it preset the Loyalist/Saboteur decision to?
Honestly, depending on how they implement it, it could work a few ways... (here are some right off the top of my head)

Option 1 - If you are eligible to skip the story, when you activate the new quest like in the past, it would prompt you saying that clicking continue will select all decisions that would follow the path of the Saboteur (meaning it would automatically select all options related to Saboteur since the options are predetermined already). You would only get this prompt if you were a Saboteur in your story.

Option 2 - It prompts you telling you that by skipping the story, you will no longer follow the path of a Saboteur, and it would default to dark side or light side options depending on your alignment. This gives you the option to either decline that and do the story yourself, or continue and no longer be a Saboteur.

Edited by Lt_Awoke

Option 1 - If you are eligible to skip the story, when you activate the new quest like in the past, it would prompt you saying that clicking continue will select all decisions that would follow the path of the Saboteur (meaning it would automatically select all options related to Saboteur since the options are predetermined already). You would only get this prompt if you were a Saboteur in your story.

OK, but what should it do if you skip from *before* Jedi Under Siege? The Loyalist/Saboteur decision is at the beginning of JUS.

Option 2 - It prompts you telling you that by skipping the story, you will no longer follow the path of a Saboteur, and it would default to dark side or light side options depending on your alignment. This gives you the option to either decline that and do the story yourself, or continue and no longer be a Saboteur.

Hmm. Bad idea. It should not throw away decisions you already made. Existing dark/light presets are decided based on your *faction*, not your alignment - Pub=Light, Imp=Dark - so that should probably continue.

A skip after Echoes of Oblivion is the next logical skip and would be super nice. Default decisions to whatever. I don't care. If you wanna do story, don't skip.

That's fine, except that the Loyalist/Saboteur impacts things outside the story. It affects Conquest objectives, for example.

OK, but what should it do if you skip from *before* Jedi Under Siege? The Loyalist/Saboteur decision is at the beginning of JUS.
If you skipped from before JUS, then you are skipping again most likely.
Hmm. Bad idea. It should not throw away decisions you already made. Existing dark/light presets are decided based on your *faction*, not your alignment - Pub=Light, Imp=Dark - so that should probably continue.
Again, I said they could make it based on your alignment with the dark or light side (this would be a change to what they've done in the past). I never said base it on the faction. Also, it isn't throwing anything way...it is making the player decide what is more important, skipping the story or not, just like they've done in the past with new expansions.

Really? How so? I didn't know that.
I believe it would be the objectives listed like "Balmorra:Saboteur Spy Games" which is to deploy stealth droids, which I've never done as a saboteur since it worth the time invest for the amount of points it is worth. Edited by Lt_Awoke

If you skipped from before JUS, then you are skipping again most likely.Again, I said they could make it based on your alignment with the dark or light side (this would be a change to what they've done in the past). I never said base it on the faction. Also, it isn't throwing anything way...it is making the player decide what is more important, skipping the story or not, just like they've done in the past with new expansions.

It *would* throw away a decision - you decided to make the character a Saboteur, and this skip would strip that off the character, making it a Loyalist.

I just want to skip Echoes of Oblivion (does anyone actually understand that last fight?) and Spirit of Vengeance.

People that were through those got from 75-80 in 45 minutes. I have to go through them and I get 1.5 levels... 76.5 MAX. That's so stupid.

It *would* throw away a decision - you decided to make the character a Saboteur, and this skip would strip that off the character, making it a Loyalist.
Bioware isn't throwing away the decision, the PLAYER would have to make the choice to either skip the story or not. I don't know how many times I have to say that it is up to the player to make this decision.

I also said that all the Saboteur decision are predetermined and Bioware knows what options to pick to keep the Saboteur path going forward or not. So it could be done in a way to not lose progress if you decide to skip the story.

Just make a decision window when skipping 6.0.

Which route would you follow:

1. Loyalist

2. Saboteur

If you pick Saboteur, you get the default of picking all Saboteur dialogue options. Easy.

Even easier! I like the way you think.

Bioware isn't throwing away the decision, the PLAYER would have to make the choice to either skip the story or not. I don't know how many times I have to say that it is up to the player to make this decision.

I also said that all the Saboteur decision are predetermined and Bioware knows what options to pick to keep the Saboteur path going forward or not. So it could be done in a way to not lose progress if you decide to skip the story.

Exactly, any player has to choose to take the skip. There's no downside for people that just don't care about the story anymore and just wanna save time catching up on all their alts.

• Dev Post
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get an option (either a purchasable token or recognizing an achievement for completing it at least once on each side) to skip all the story related to Onslaught, allow us to start at Legacy of the Sith on alts that aren't as fair along as our mains?

I have 30 characters, and only 3 have completed everything up to the current story. The other 27 are either somewhere between Ossus and Echos of Oblivion. Previously, we were able to bypass all the previous content and start the new story by picking up the mission on our ships...why aren't we able to do that now?

Hey there,

Others in this thread have made some relevant points around things like Loyalist / Saboteur, but there is also a bit more to this decision from our side.

We wanted to avoid having just a bunch of different "boost" options at character create, especially to have clear starting points for new and returning players. When looking at those starting points we chose 3 different points based on each story as its own "saga". So you have the classic game (class story start), KOTFE (the Knights of saga), and Onslaught (the current saga). In this same example, you can't skip straight to KOTET from a boost, just like LotS.

All of that said, "catch-up time" is something that will grow as we continue to add more story content in the current saga. I'll chat with the team and see if there are adjustments to consider here.

Thanks for the feedback!

-eric

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So will it be based on how much story there is? I mean... you gave us 45 min in February (3 months late) and 20-ish just now (5 months later)... will we have to wait until the 15th year anniversary to skip horrible flashpoints like Echoes and Spirit?

How about giving out more XP for those? People who were caught up got to 80 in less than an hour... I had to grind through those FPs and got 1.5 levels. I would be more apt to run through them if I didn't have to do even more after!

We wanted to avoid having just a bunch of different "boost" options at character create, especially to have clear starting points for new and returning players. When looking at those starting points we chose 3 different points based on each story as its own "saga". So you have the classic game (class story start), KOTFE (the Knights of saga), and Onslaught (the current saga). In this same example, you can't skip straight to KOTET from a boost, just like LotS.

You literally can skip straight to KOTET without doing KOTFE though after creating a boosted character in the chapters menu. You could also skip straight to KOTET during character creation with outlander tokens when KOTET was the newest content. Skipping straight to LotS story doesn't need to be a character creation option though, just let us do it from our ships so we can actually engage with the newest story.

All of that said, "catch-up time" is something that will grow as we continue to add more story content in the current saga. I'll chat with the team and see if there are adjustments to consider here.

What would be the thought on something like a once-per-character-per-week auto-complete or auto-advance option? This could maybe allow content without meaningful decisions (EoO, SoV) to get the catch-up treatment without presumably allowing for too significant exploitation, and could also maybe fix certain backlog missions like allowing completion of the final Shroud mission or Oricon as well.

Hey there,

Others in this thread have made some relevant points around things like Loyalist / Saboteur, but there is also a bit more to this decision from our side.

Thanks for the feedback!

-eric

Wow eric as always you are unaware of your game and your answer is not relevant what he suggests. You can skip directly to ossus without doing kotfe and kotet at lvl 70 just go to your ship and take ossus quest skip all the boring valkorian stuff.

But i can understand you guys reason since this game offers no decent new content on a resoanable time period you want us to do same stuff until we puke.

Conquest - do old content and get conquest points

Galactic Season - do old content and get galactic season points

Gearing - you must do ancient heroics hundreds of times to upgrade your ops gear, pvp gear etc.

Want to do new content with your toons finish old story over and over again on all of your toons

So basically all your stuff the same do old content for everything so uoı guys wnt have to work on new stuff.

This is something that almost every member of both guilds I'm in have complained about since 7.0 and 7.1 have dropped.

Can't it be a legacy achievement system? Once you've completed it once on every class type (the main 4, not each subclass) That it'll unlock the ability to skip the storylines on your alts? I mean... seriously, some of them are a massive grind and if you've already done it four or five times it no longer is any fun, and becomes irritating and induces fits of rage (lol).

Hopefully you can push this out sooner than later, because I'm not running Echoes of Oblivion or the following story line quests again. It literally makes me cringe thinking about it.

Thanks for at least commenting on it, and letting us know you're working on it. It really means a lot :)

Thanks!

Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback!

-eric

At least, please give all characters access to the new daily area (or at the very least, unlock the daily area for the account once you unlock it with the first character).

Hey there,

I agree, there have been good points brought up and honestly multiple people within this thread have pitched ideas for them as well which in my opinion are totally doable.

I get what you're saying here. I'm not asking for an option to skip the story as a new player or even a returning player. What I am asking for is something that looks at your achievements (in this case, the achievement titled "Master of the Seas" which you only get if you've completed the story on both republic and imperial) and if you've completed the newest story on both sides than it will give you an option on your ship's terminal to skip to LotS. This would keep new players and returning player from jumping into the new story immediately.