Without renown, what will old content reward?

ralphieceaser

They will still provide reputation, experience and drops for levelling / conquest objectives. Renown was in theory a good idea but in practice it meant nothing other than drops now and then which will no longer be relevant once people progress beyond level 75. Edited by Gericke

The game is supposed to shift to a new focus on selected weekly content that is changing every week. So for example one week will give you increased rewards for completing the Heroics on Taris and Nar Shaddaa, the next week for completing the Heroics on Tatooine and Alderaan, etc.

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.
Edited by Phazonfreak

They will still provide reputation, experience and drops for levelling / conquest objectives. Renown was in theory a good idea but in practice it meant nothing other than drops now and then which will no longer be relevant once people progress beyond level 75.

It was *meant* to be no more than what you describe, by explicit statement in the run-up to 6.0.

The game is supposed to shift to a new focus on selected weekly content that is changing every week. So for example one week will give you increased rewards for completing the Heroics on Taris and Nar Shaddaa, the next week for completing the Heroics on Tatooine and Alderaan, etc.

This will be really annoying. When the Heroic Areas are crowded you have to wait for respawns. No way it will be faster to complete them, then it is now

Edited by Schlumpfine

This will be really annoying. When the Heroic Areas are crowded you have to wait for respawns. No way it will be faster to complete them, then it is now

Not necessarily, because the new focus on selected weekly content will go along a fundamental change to the tagging system. They want areas to be crowded and are trying to direct the players to specific content every week.

Shared Tagging

Another big improvement supporting the new weekly content rotation is Shared Tagging.

When we refer to ‘tagging’, we’re talking about who gets credit for defeating an NPC (Mission credit and ability to loot primarily). Currently, the default tagging behavior is tied to whether or not the player is in a group or not. So if you are grouped with other players, and someone in that group does damage to an NPC, credit is shared for the entire group.

For 7.0, we are changing this default behavior to be tied to the faction instead. So if a player is attacking an NPC, and another player of the same faction helps kill the NPC whether grouped up or not, both players will share Mission credit and loot on that NPC.

In some cases, we will allow credit to be shared with any player regardless of faction. The first content that will take advantage of this ‘open tagging’ will be World Bosses. This should minimize griefing opportunities and really encourage players to help each other out in order to defeat these bosses!

As an added bonus, we’ve also updated the rules for tagging to include healers. In addition to dealing damage to an NPC in order to tag it for credit, healing another player who has damaged that NPC will also grant credit.

The only problem with this is that some Heroics and Dailies also have clickable quest objectives that will most certainly not fall under the new shared tagging principle.

Edited by Phazonfreak

The only problem with this is that some Heroics and Dailies also have clickable quest objectives that will most certainly not fall under the new shared tagging principle.

Ugh, the clickys! The clickys bring out the worst in everyone. I wish the could find a way to make them shareable.

Not necessarily, because the new focus on selected weekly content will go along a fundamental change to the tagging system. They want areas to be crowded and are trying to direct the players to specific content every week.

What about the trash Mops you sometimes have to kill for a heroic. If i help someone or a group killing 10 trash Mops will they all count for both of us or will only the one count for each of us that we killed by themself?

Yep. The tagging system is going to be nice, but there's no mention of clickies.

Anyone who tried to do CZ198 during Galactic Season will know how ANNOYING it was to wait for the clickies in the first room to spawn. I'm seriously dreading that happening everywhere.

But again, nothing you do in the old content that isn't part of a daily/weekly will give you any reward but credits. So doing heroics will only give you credits unless you do the whole daily (which has to be done in one day. Which absolutely 100% sucks).

Edited by Pricia

What about the trash Mops you sometimes have to kill for a heroic. If i help someone or a group killing 10 trash Mops will they all count for both of us or will only the one count for each of us that we killed by themself?

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: As long as the attacking players have the same faction, all killed mobs will count for everyone who either damaged that enemy or healed a player who dealt damage to that enemy. World Bosses are an exception in that they will count for everyone regardless of whether the players are republic or imperial.

Credits.

Just credits.

That's really one of the things that disappoint me the most in 7.0.

yet their reason for nuking conquest rewards and taking credits out was to "stabilize the economy". yet they are keeping credit rewards in for this? the way to fix stuff in the game economy wise isn't to keep taking things out people want to do. that's removing choice.

bioware, what are you doing? you ok man?

Respawns on clicky items will be annoying, however at least you can still get credit for mobs you need to kill just by tagging them, even if someone else pulled them 1st.

Tagging will be great for face merchants. Rather than having no maps to flip to and the current Coruscant map has nothing but dead mobs necessary to get the key, rather than hyperventilating when someone else hits a new spawn, I'll just pop a heal on the player and wait.

Done.

Edit: OOO, and I just thought, the Yavin dailies where everyone's tripping over each other to kill mobs near the temple might suddenly be easier too for healers, we can just stand around, pop heals and bubbles on people, and let everyone else do the work. Toss bubbles on multiple players and get done even faster. Yes!

Edit2: And the next day you'll see people on the forums screaming for a way to be immune to other people's casting effects during combat, basically nullifying the entire tagging feature, because they resent healers standing around doing essentially nothing while meelee types and tanks slog through the mobs.

Edited by xordevoreaux

So instead of logging on and doing whatever i feel like doing as it is now, i will be logging on and doing whatever they want to force me to do in current week? Sounds like a great change....

You can do whatever you want whenever you want, but only certain activities will count toward conquest for any given week. Just be sure whatever you do is completed before its reset timer or you just totally wasted your time.

Edited by xordevoreaux

You can do whatever you want whenever you want, but only certain activities will count toward conquest for any given week. Just be sure whatever you do is completed before its reset timer or you just totally wasted your time.

Therefore only certain activities will be worth doing during that week while all others will be waste of time. My statement is still true.

Therefore only certain activities will be worth doing during that week while all others will be waste of time. My statement is still true.

Yeah, there's no defending that decision. Once again a gaming company hasn't thought through player mentality.

Open tagging will help with people crawling all over each other 50 players deep to complete open-world objectives not instanced away behind a green wall, but you're right, basically the whole crowd will be bunched together, moving from objective to objective (Oh hi, you again, didn't I just see you on Balmorra?) more or less together, acting like a bunch of rabid Black Friday shoppers mobbing a one-day sale.

Not enjoyable.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I actually don't think they are changing CQ at all other than doubling the requirement and removing credits. The goals will still be there. It's if you want gear upgrades (because really, who won't) that you'll have to do specific content.

It's kinda moot though if they are putting limits on how many CQ rewards you can get, like they did on PTS.

Credits.

Just credits.

That's really one of the things that disappoint me the most in 7.0.

Most of the old stuff just rewards renown. Are they changing this to credits? If so I'll be more inclined to do the stuff I missed as renown was not enough of an incentive for me to bother and the drops were irrelevant to me.

Most of the old stuff just rewards renown. Are they changing this to credits? If so I'll be more inclined to do the stuff I missed as renown was not enough of an incentive for me to bother and the drops were irrelevant to me.

It's always been credits and renown.

Now you won't get the renown part, only the credit part.

Hmm that sounds interesting, as long as the weekly gives some relevant endgame reward it absolutely is a great idea to send people all over the galaxy.

Doing weeklies and dailies feels nice when it isnt the same planet every day though I hope weekly takes a while to do cuz many are easy to do in a couple of hours

On PTS, it looked like daily areas and heroic missions (e.g. complete 5 heroics on Nar Shaddaa) are still there like now. They give credits, conquest points (based on conquest objectives), and most importantly one of the currencies for upgrading conquest gear. I think some of this currency is also needed to upgrade flashpoint gear but not sure. Certain missions will be worthless though, such as many of the flashpoint bonus objectives which currently only give renown. In 7.0 they will give max players nothing. The ones that unlock bonus bosses will still be useful for the extra boss loot, but the other ones will be worthless to max level players. Those missions never gave much renown anyways, so they were pretty much worthless in 6.0 too. Edited by ThanderSnB