Gunslinger/Snipers need some heals...

Jarbarian

The match was a 4v4 granked match. I thought I made that clear in the first sentence.

You said "tank/heal 4v4 arenas." Could mean regs, solo ranked, or group ranked arenas.

Thanks for defeating your own argument. Choosing between ballistic shield and phase walk is massive for snipers. That means no more reset/immunity button, while pretty much every other ranged class still has one.

I thought you were talking about 4s. You don't need a reset in 4s. Phase walk serves practically no purpose in 4s.

I highly disagree about the roll heal. 10% every 20 seconds + additional healing while your in cover adds up to alot when your taking pressure off your healer.

You're talking about a 30k heal every 20 seconds, when most healers in group ranked put out close to 30k heals every second.

Engi is all burst no sustain, and when they blow their load they have to wait like 20 seconds before they can do it again. A lightning sorc can do everything an engi sniper does, but better while also having higher dr and mobility.

Engi sniper has sustain. I've done 17k sustained dps in group ranked, and I am in no way a good sniper. Ling also doesn't have the burst that engi has. Engi has indisputably the biggest burst in the game, with decent sustained damage.

You are right, the survability kinda sucks. But it's damage is still good enough to make it viable in group ranked. Solo ranked and regs is a different story.

Edited by septru

This sentence right here is how I know you have no idea what your talking about. Goodluck to you man.

You do know it's prum you are talking to? You know, that multi Top3 on different classes guy? Literally one of the best players in the world and you think you know more than him because you played teamranked games with a sniper? Which in return makes the enemy team pretty bad, so you edged out a win vs bads - good job.

Phasewalk is pretty useless, at least not as useful as it is in solos. Hope we can agree on that at least.

This sentence right here is how I know you have no idea what your talking about. Goodluck to you man.

Phase walk is extremely useful when you have no support. For example in solo ranked 4dps, phase walk can help you escape the enemy, run to Africa, and maybe out of combat regen.

But when you have support, you don't want to run away from them. You want to stay near your tank, so he doesn't have to chase you to keep you in guard range. In fact, a bad phase walk could hurt more than it helps by separating you from your tank.

But hey man, if you want to use phase walk to **** over your tank, then go ahead. And if you ever want to show me how little I know.... I que 4s on SF anytime after 2pm est. :)

Edited by septru

You're telling me you are QQing about the fact that you eventually die in 2 minutes to a leth op's 2 dots that do 40k damage over 18s without any heals?

There's a lot of things you can complain about on sniper... this is not one of them.

You don't play Operative/Scoundrel, this is obvious....

You don't play Operative/Scoundrel, this is obvious....

Only on the Forums can players ignore literal facts as much as you two.

Are the players in regs so bad that people like this can get the biggest egos without even reading the tooltip of their abilities?

Edited by septru

On the contrary, I find my Scoundrel the most mindless, easiest 3 button class to wreck all others.

Playing operative doesn't require thought.

Not every class needs or should have the same kind of skills.

This is what has created much of the imbalance issues... giving vanishes to classes that shouldn't have them, heals to others, especially passive heals.

Not every class needs or should have the same kind of skills.

This is what has created much of the imbalance issues... giving vanishes to classes that shouldn't have them, heals to others, especially passive heals.

Or having a class with so much burst damage with 3 buttons is absolutely ridiculous.