Is there a way to STOP gaining levels?

Vego_Mohenjo

I've just noticed that the Bounty Hunter skill line for Advanced Prototype REPLACES Flame Burst with Magnetic Blast... and I REALLY don't want that. The flame thrower is one of the most iconic BH weapons, and I love using it, so I don't want it replaced.

My Commando's best skill, Full Auto, was ruined by Boltstorm, and now this.

Is there some way I can stop gaining levels before the game replaces the Flame Burst skill?

Edited by Vego_Mohenjo

There is no way to stop leveling (short of not gaining exp or being max level). If you want to keep Flame Burst, you might consider respeccing. Shield Tech retains Flame Burst, and also gets you Firestorm, which is another flamethrower using ability and can be specced to become a channeled flamethrower ability. Lots of fun to use. Alternatively there's Pyrotech, which is also about fire and flames. Not only will you keep Flame Burst. You gain Scorch, Searing Wave and Immolate, which all utilise the flamethrower, in addition to some other fire-themed skills in Flaming Fist, Incendiary Missile and Scorch. Pyrotech is by far the fieriest spec in the game.

Of course there'll always be Flame Sweep, which all PTs get and utilises the flamethrower.

Edited by AdjeYo

The problem is the other trait lines are unsatisfying too, for different reasons.

Pyrotech is far TOO flamey. It does have one decently ranged attack, the Incendiary Missile... but it looks and sounds rather underwhelming. More, I would lose the 15m range on my various other attacks, AND I would lose my Retractable Blade.

Shield Tech still has too many flame attacks. The Heavy Flamethrower is awesome, but makes Flame Burst kind of redundant. Worse, it has NO longer range attacks, and also loses the Retractable Blade.

Really, this would be less of an issue if Magnetic Blast replaced the ENERGY BLAST power. I mean, they have similar looks, and it would leave the PT with the iconic Flame Burst power. Of course, there would still be the giggling...

It is what it is. That's what'll happen with specs as in this game, there'll always be someting we'd like differently. I still miss my sunder on jugg tank and good old 2.x operative healer.

Replacing Energy Burst wouldn't make much sense, since that's a discipline specific ability. Replacement abilities tend to (I think always actually) replace non discipline specific abilities, to make specs feel more distinct.

That's the point, a class ability (Flame Burst) is replaced by a discipline specific one (Magnetic Blast) to make different disciplines feel more distinct. So it would make little sense replacing an already discipline specific ability like Energy Burst.