Jaxo and Objective: A-77 *spoiler*

TarikGur

The Bioware choice I was expecting didn't happen here.

What I thought would happen is yes, if I let Jaxo die the result is what I expected. What I thought would happen if I let her live didn't. I thought that saving her would infuriate Dorne, especially if a male trooper cheated on her with Jaxo, and she'd leave Havoc Squad. Then Jaxo would replace her as the squad healer, just as a medium armor cunning attribute healer.

That would of been perfect as a choice/consequence scenario. Instead you get ... am email from Jaxo saying she has issues now and Dorne promptly forgets your action.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Might I just add how BS this is?

You SPACE HER. How in the world is that good? Her body implodes and its a lot of gruesome little details coming out of every opening in her body. Its a horrific fate. If they were to give us this chance of killing her, well I just feel like I tortured her now, and I hate it.

I'm sorry but this ruined my opinion of the trooper campaign completely. If you don't know understand how, then that's too bad for you. I dont like torturing people even if its for an objective.

Whoever decided on this being in the game can rot, for all I care. I dont like yelping at people I don't know or who made a game I like playing, but this was too gruesome.

Might I just add how BS this is?

You SPACE HER. How in the world is that good? Her body implodes and its a lot of gruesome little details coming out of every opening in her body. Its a horrific fate. If they were to give us this chance of killing her, well I just feel like I tortured her now, and I hate it.

I'm sorry but this ruined my opinion of the trooper campaign completely. If you don't know understand how, then that's too bad for you. I dont like torturing people even if its for an objective.

Whoever decided on this being in the game can rot, for all I care. I dont like yelping at people I don't know or who made a game I like playing, but this was too gruesome.

It's the LS choice because the alternative is doing it to 300 people. And a vacuum-exposed person doesn't explode - there's enough tension and tensile strength in the skin and blood vessels to keep the skin from bursting. Exposed mucous membranes (surface of mouth, eyes, nostrils, lungs) will dry out (boil!) very quickly, and intestinal gases may cause problems, but explosion? No. (The most likely injury in brief exposures is what's called barotrauma, where the air in the lungs tries to expand, and tears the relatively soft tissue inside the lungs.

Yes, and here's the other point:

You have a whole TEAM. Havoc Squad, remember? You and one other person go in only. Have two other people to move in and extract her, and you still have two additional members to stay and protect the ship or wherever you want them.

Whoever wrote that didn't do a good job, it was a contrived way of trying to come up with a heartbreaking choice and they did it wrong.

This quest has an serious logic-hole : You have the droid. He could have jumped into her cell, catch her, and jump back, kind of. Or the ship could go out (piloted by a team member) and dock to where her cell is ... You see things like that in The Clone Wars or in Rebels ... The sheer possibilities to play out the team strengths are so immense in this little quest that I just cannot believe they did a simple LS / DS choice thing out of that !

So much wasted potential ... :(

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

This quest has an serious logic-hole : You have the droid. He could have jumped into her cell, catch her, and jump back, kind of. Or the ship could go out (piloted by a team member) and dock to where her cell is ... You see things like that in The Clone Wars or in Rebels ... The sheer possibilities to play out the team strengths are so immense in this little quest that I just cannot believe they did a simple LS / DS choice thing out of that !

So much wasted potential ... :(

See this is another good thing.

I'm talking tactics here. As I said you also have a team. There are a great number of possibilities, and they only give you two options with three dialogue choices...two of which accomplish the same goal.

Its bad writing to make a powerful meaningful choice, and its heavily contrived (which means its deliberately forced without making it seem natural for those of you who don't know.)

You are right AlrikFassbauer. The possibilities, I like your reference to the animated series.

Jaxo should of been one of those choices that mattered. I.E. I want her as a companion eventually in kotfe.

They could do that, of course, by which I mean write it so that she has a five, six, however long it is since then, mental and emotional journey through some dark places, and emerges ready to do battle with Zakuul and be recruited by a KotFE Alliance alert.

Bit rough on the troopers who did the LS thing, unless they write a second branch with a different journey through different dark places.

They could do that, of course, by which I mean write it so that she has a five, six, however long it is since then, mental and emotional journey through some dark places, and emerges ready to do battle with Zakuul and be recruited by a KotFE Alliance alert.

Bit rough on the troopers who did the LS thing, unless they write a second branch with a different journey through different dark places.

Troopers who did the light side choice could see Jonas Balkar instead maybe. I'd be alright with that.

• 10 months later...
What I dislike about this decision is the obvious alternatives discarted so BW could have a fancy "morality decision". The first 2 pulls of droids (and only droids) made it clear it was a disposable station. I realized it as a player, and a Special Forces Operative could have get it too. One could have call Jaxo to get the hell out of there the minute you were into the base. Also, in a fight for your life situation, why she didn't even try with the droids? The very least she could have hold the line enough for the Trooper to come and save her ***. I find it too much forced to trigger me, it's just the script stating that they want some dead, one way or another.

• 5 years later...
Wimps. Make the choice.

Either you save 300 people and let one die, or save the 1 and let 300 people die. Your choice. I have done both during the course of my game play, not for alignment purposes, because I truly believe the toon in question would have actually made the decision that they did. And while it is sad that Jaxo has to die to save those lives, I didn't lose any sleep over it. 1) It's a video game. Pixel people are not real, no matter how engrossed you get in the RPG aspect of the game. And 2) If your alignment is LS, the decision is a no brainer.

• 5 months later...

It is a very difficult decision, but you have to weigh: save 300 or save 1.

I don't want to go into allusions to other series, but there is a phrase that I think is very accurate in this case: "The good of the majority is greater than the good of the minority. Or of just one."

I think now I can sleep better.

And to Bioware: Excellent job on this mission.

Edited by Jedi_Night_Hawk

• 1 month later...

Personally I really disagreed with how this played out, because:

To be fair, saving both her and the other people should absolutely have been an option. Because while you were in contact with her during your boarding, she told you she was with the prisoners. So.. wherever they are she is. And if she was stuck in service level with a bunch of pissed off droids then the prisoners should have been as well. And choosing to vent the shaft should have wiped everyone. Leaving you totally empty handed.

So saving them should have meant saving her. There should never have been a choice between the two.

Either her holo conversation with you was correct and they were all together and what ended up happening ultimately contradicted everything, OR her holo conversation with you was actually wrong. She didn't know where she was or where the prisoners actually were, and then you had to make that choice. Which would them make the conclusion understandable.

The whole thing just contradicted itself though and forced you to make a bad choice without any reason for it with the narrative you got. And then you have to sit there and wish you could go back and replay that chapter to choose the other option. And that they didn't write anyone out of the story after that leaving you with nothing but guilt for the rest of the game.

Also, it felt a little odd that in your codex under persons of note, she didn't even get an entry. A77 was a pretty tough choice for a lot of people. The lease they could have done was give Jaxo an entry to remember.

Edited by NightbreedGaming
Additional commentary

• 1 year later...

I just did this mission and I know this is 4th wall breaking but please bear with me.

I chose...

Spoiler

...to save Jaxo.

Because after contemplating for about 15 minutes, should I really bother saving 300 nameless soldiers I have no connection to, just so that I can hop onto my imp side toon tomorrow and kill about 600 of them anyways?

Jokes aside, I just wanted to say that this mission had probably one of the best writing.

Edited by Freeze-Dry