Returning Player thinking about going healer this time

Varyntheous

The question is more of approach. Simplistically speaking, the Sawbones/Medicine Disciplines of Smuggler/Agent are pro-active, HoT type, and the others are reactive type.

I'd try Combat Medic or Body Guard first to see if I like the healing role and then try other healing Disciplines to pick a main healing Discipline.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am healer at every MMORPG, New World, WoW, etc etc. and looking for a solid healer class, I know, it depends on my playstyle, what I want to play (PvE, PvP), etc.

My goal is to stick with PvE, probably mostly Flashpoints (dungeons? :)). Not sure about Operations (Raids), most likely 4-man group category stuff.

In that case its Combat Medic over Sawbones/Medicine Disciplines?

Thanks!

Since you're experienced at healing in other MMOs, you don't need to experiment.

If you like "Heal Over Time" kind of Discipline you can choose Sawbones/Medicine. You'd be applying those buffs to characters before they have taken a lot of damage.

If you like where you burst heal characters that have already taken damage, then either Combat Medic/Bodyguard (tech user) or Seer/Corruption (force user) are more suitable. There are differences - obviously - but it could just come down to your preference for tech vs force.

Once 7.0 goes live, you'd be able to try Combat Medic/Bodyguard and Sawbones/Medicine on the same character and switch back and forth between them.

Edited by mike_carton