Level sync, Heroics and locked crates

Zarorock

If your going to make us play Heroics to get these RNG crates, at the very lest let us toggle level sync OFF so our lvl 80 character are NOT getting killed by Jawas! :mad:

I don't think the problem here is the level sync, you are just not getting carried by your companion anymore.

I don't think the problem here is the level sync, you are just not getting carried by your companion anymore.

The problem IS the level sync.

The broken companions, that always missed all AoE-Skills i(including taunts and heals that shouldn't even be able to miss) have been fixed in 7.0.2.

It's the level sync that is broken and makes you weaker the higher your actual level is.

An unsynced level 30 character in level 30 content is stronger than a level 40 char synced to 30, who is stronger than a 50 synced to 30 etc...

BTW companions could never carry you through a Heroic, but of course the are needed if you solo them. A 2+ Heroic is balanced for a group of 2, either 2 players or 1 player + 1 companion. That's how it's supposed to be and your companion needs to be able to pull his weight . Luckily they can do that once again since the fix, but our character barely can due to broken level scaling.

"killed by Jawas" ??? That's a new one. Uberdarth Megapower usually gets killed by K'lor Slugs on Korriban.

I really don't want to say that it's an L2P problem. Really. Where are you finding Jawas capable of killing a level 80 character(1)?

(1) Um. A level 80 character that's fighting back competently, of course.

The problem IS the level sync.

The broken companions, that always missed all AoE-Skills i(including taunts and heals that shouldn't even be able to miss) have been fixed in 7.0.2.

It's the level sync that is broken and makes you weaker the higher your actual level is.

An unsynced level 30 character in level 30 content is stronger than a level 40 char synced to 30, who is stronger than a 50 synced to 30 etc...

BTW companions could never carry you through a Heroic, but of course the are needed if you solo them. A 2+ Heroic is balanced for a group of 2, either 2 players or 1 player + 1 companion. That's how it's supposed to be and your companion needs to be able to pull his weight . Luckily they can do that once again since the fix, but our character barely can due to broken level scaling.

See that is the problem YOUR character can't, but instead of changing it you'd rather complain. Companions can't and never could miss healing, they were too good. Now they are in a spot where I would consider them a companion, not mental support for people who can't even kill a silver mob.

Same as always, just get gud so the level scaling doesn't matter. I've not had any problems, even with a level 1 companion. So you are the issue, not the scaling, not the companions, they just act like decoys so the player doesn't realize his own mistakes, that is why people dislike 7.0 - they face the truth of their own laziness to learn, they can't handle it and quit - pathetic.

Edited by ZUHFB

So you are the issue, not the scaling, not the companions, they just act like decoys so the player doesn't realize his own mistakes, that is why people dislike 7.0 - they face the truth of their own laziness to learn, they can't handle it and quit - pathetic.

It. Is. A. Toy. Not a job to work. Not a school to learn. Just a toy.

If it's no longer fun to play with it's broken. And what's really pathetic is judging people based on how they play with their toy.

It. Is. A. Toy. Not a job to work. Not a school to learn. Just a toy.

If it's no longer fun to play with it's broken. And what's really pathetic is judging people based on how they play with their toy.

If you don't care on how strong your character is, why does this only apply to skill? Why do you care about gear, or companions, why even bother complaining about balancing then?

You simply lose the right to complain if you could fix it yourself. Don't expect others to do it for you? And learning the game and class would've probably saved you countless times! If you don't want to improve, you lose the right to complain about being bad.

And yes, I judge people who click or have founder title displayed because I've yet to see one competent player with either.

If you don't care on how strong your character is, why does this only apply to skill?

And where did I say I don't care? I said multiple times that I want my characters to be at least as strong as they were in 6.0 in level-scaled content.

Why do you care about gear,

To be honest I don't because with this new awful scaling is meaningless. But then again there is nothing more to do in this game now than gearing up.

or companions, why even bother complaining about balancing then?

Strong companions and strong characters -> I clear content fast and comfy -> I enjoy my toy.

Weak companions and weak characters -> everything is a joyless slog -> I don't enjoy my toy.

You simply lose the right to complain if you could fix it yourself.

1. I never lose the right to complain about a product I'm paying for.

2. I can't fix the game being a joyless slog in 7.0.

Don't expect others to do it for you?

Yes, I expect developers to make my toy enjoyable to play with again.

And learning the game and class would've probably saved you countless times!

Saved me from what? I'm not dying, I'm just not having fun.

If you don't want to improve, you lose the right to complain about being bad.

But I'm not complaining about me being bad. I'm complaining about the game being bad, or at least worse than it used to be.

And yes, I judge people who click or have founder title displayed because I've yet to see one competent player with either.

And I judge you based on what you post. In my opinion you are an elitist.

Wiat I find interesting is that people who push for grouping are quite often people who are unlikely to be fun to be in a group with.

So, this went from asking for a PvE toggle for level sync to level sync is broken.

Honestly, I was talking to my bother like a week ago and HE said that being forced to level sync when your just in PvE was dumb, mind you he plays mostly RPGs and was actually put off by this and choose NOT to play because of it.

Level sync doesn't stop me from playing, but playing heroics and flashpoints solo in a PvE instance and NOT being allowed to just go god mode and just have a blast. It just turns it into a miserable grind.

being forced to level sync when your just in PvE was dumb

No level sync:

Conquest to clear so many mobs from a planet. Down swoops a level 80 to Tython's Gnarls.

Not down-leveled, he clears the entire acreage from the landing pad to practically the temple in under 5 minutes.

Meanwhile the level 4's are standing around waiting for Mr. Big Macho Level 80 to get the hell out of there so they can resume normal game play. But oh wait, Mr. Macho has friends, like his entire horde of conquest buddies from his conquest guild, swooping down to do the same. It doesn't end for the level 4's.

Now I'm waiting for someone to reply that those level 80's can do that now with level sync.

Exactly.

Level sync isn't harming you.

Edited by xordevoreaux

If your going to make us play Heroics to get these RNG crates, at the very lest let us toggle level sync OFF so our lvl 80 character are NOT getting killed by Jawas! :mad:

What I wish is that we could turn ON level sync for loot. I would love to get planet appropriate gear again! I have so many partial sets of heroic gear I would like to finish off. And I could farm for rare drops again too! Oo even better if they put the pre-4.0 heroic and flashpoint gear into the syned loot profile!

I know it's a pipe-dream, but looting is just so boring and pointless now.

Now for me, I'm pretty much fine for most content being level synced.

However, there are a few exceptions where imho there should be an adjustment.

Mostly in situations such as the example below.

Grim Tooth (named champion-level boss) used to be cordoned off behind a force field on Makeb. Therefore I was unable to finish content (and clear that category) years ago when I first ran thru Makeb on all my class characters. Now the force field is finally removed from one of the entrances so he is able to be fought. However, when I tried with my IA and with my JK (both DPS) I got killed numerous times, trying various options and using heroic moment. I'll try again with one of my tanks. But it is level synced 55 and my companion is level 50 influence, and my character is 80th.

I was also not able to clear the first boss in Traitor among the Chiss with my JC (who can double as JK-guardian DPS. Also an 80th level. Could not clear either way, although once I skipped ahead out of the flashpoint and skipped content to OSSUS (you don't really miss that much if you aren't romanced with Shan and make LS choices as a Pub) and got Temple to Influece 50 with an instant token. I got very close to finishing the first boss (he was down to about 5% and then killed me.) I went ahead and skipped the rest of the flashpoint at that point - i had already tried about 20 x and enough is enough. That too is an example of a "level-synced" FP that doesn't really give enjoyable content when you constantly wipe.

Again, regular content is ok for level sync, but once you get into harder stuff like the above which is MEANT to be solo-able, it doesn't always work with Overpowered boss mobs.

Level sync might not be harming me, but it turns heroics and flashpoints into slow boring slugfests that force you to have your companion to do heals or you will die, but even then that's not a guarantee.

As for conquests, there could be a none level sync instance that would not contribute to conquests.

Level sync might not be harming me, but it turns heroics and flashpoints into slow boring slugfests that force you to have your companion to do heals or you will die, but even then that's not a guarantee.

As for conquests, there could be a none level sync instance that would not contribute to conquests.

So you're mad you can't insta clear 98% of the game? You would be overleveled everywhere, except dxun, ruins of nul and manaan invasion zone. There simply wouldn't be any content left to do for a max level. And again, of course you can make FPs not a slug fest, #1 do more damage, #2 go there with friends or guild mates.

#1 do more damage,

Happily. Give me back 6.0s level synch and access to better gear.

#2 go there with friends or guild mates.

Story version is meant to be completed in solo mode. And some people simply prefer them in story \ solo mode.

So you're mad you can't insta clear 98% of the game? You would be overleveled everywhere, except dxun, ruins of nul and manaan invasion zone. There simply wouldn't be any content left to do for a max level. And again, of course you can make FPs not a slug fest, #1 do more damage, #2 go there with friends or guild mates.

It's not about insta clear, its about being stuck fighting the same guy for over TWO minutes, and their not a boss but just normal goons

Happily. Give me back 6.0s level synch and access to better gear.

Story version is meant to be completed in solo mode. And some people simply prefer them in story \ solo mode.

Exactly! This is exactly why you shouldn't want gear! Now you have an excuse for doing no damage, you wouldn't do more damage with 330 and it wouldn't be easier in it. You don't need more gear to do more damage, a bigger and honestly easier increase would be to learn your class.

It's not about insta clear, its about being stuck fighting the same guy for over TWO minutes, and their not a boss but just normal goons

Well and how much did you contribute? Certainly not as much as you could've.

Exactly! This is exactly why you shouldn't want gear! Now you have an excuse for doing no damage, you wouldn't do more damage with 330 and it wouldn't be easier in it.

Your point? I don't care about the new gear, it's mostly useless for me. I don't even bother with Nefra farming.

You don't need more gear to do more damage, a bigger and honestly easier increase would be to learn your class.

Why do you assume everybody who dislikes those changes doesn't know their class? 7.0 makes doing heroics a joyless slog no matter how good you are at playing your class. If you know it better you'll stay alive during the slog, if you know it worse you'll probably die once or twice during the slog, that's the only difference.

Edited by juliushorst

Why do you assume everybody who dislikes those changes doesn't know their class? 7.0 makes doing heroics a joyless slog no matter how good you are at playing your class. If you know it better you'll stay alive during the slog, if you know it worse you'll probably die once or twice during the slog, that's the only difference.

Because I take just as long to clear CZ now, as I did in 6.0. It takes me the same time to do tatooine heroics and if you find heroics are a slog that is not a problem since this patch - but it is rather a general problem you have with the game, but not with 7.0

Because I take just as long to clear CZ now, as I did in 6.0. It takes me the same time to do tatooine heroics and if you find heroics are a slog that is not a problem since this patch - but it is rather a general problem you have with the game, but not with 7.0

Yes, those are almost fine, actually I limit myself to doing first act heroics, CZ and Ziost for my daily currency.

Now go and kill that Esh-ka champion in Imperial heroic where you need to open three stasis chambers and tell me it takes as long as it did in 6.0.