Is the game in maintenance mode?

DisruptionFL

Maybe this has been discussed somewhere, but will there be any more story updates? 10th anniversary year and almost half the year is gone with no info. Their expansion was basically 2 flashpoints and a bug generator. I hope they really do have more a lot story planned soon because what they gave us was weak. :(

Define "maintenance mode". And no, "doing less stuff than I want" is not really "maintenance mode", but simply "doing less stuff than I want". Don't be ashamed to admit that you think they are doing less than you want (they're doing less than I'd like, too), but don't call it "maintenance mode" just because it's not as much stuff as you want.

Really. GW1 is for sure in maintenance mode by almost any definition of the term - no substantial or even "small" content updates *at* *all* since GW2 launched in 2012, and they put some effort into making the servers as automated as possible, but it's still running.

Understaffed and low priority for the studio would be more accurate than maintenance mode. There are updates/plans for updates/content whereas maintenance mode would be no new content being added.

But seeing how they struggle to meet deadlines, the amount of bugs introduced every patch that linger for ages before being patched (at all), and the fact that to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the game they are slotted at SW celebration to be an afterthought at a booth for a mobile whale hunter game - you can see what Bioware/EA think of this game and it's fans.

Asking if a game is in "maintenance mode" is the sort of thing you do when you've just learned the concept but don't quite understand its meaning. Stop using words you don't understand.

I know what it means, don't be condescending. They only thing they've talked about since since their big "expansion" is bug fixes. I just wonder if something has changed behind the scenes since they released 7.0 was released. I've been playing this game since 2011 and I'm used to their normal silence, but they made it sound like this expansion was going to be massive, but I'm not seeing it or hearing about what's coming up.

Depends on your definition of maintenance mode, but I would say look at Rift as the primary example for any semi-recent MMO. I would say this game isn't, but damn it's barely skating by on that term.

For another example, look at FFXI. 20 year anniversary is this year. New merch to buy, and still technically getting an "expac" that has more content than SWTOR's new expansion. That doesn't include in addition to monthly updates and changes to gearing, class balance. All of this on PS2-level hardware.

SWTOR isn't in maintenance mode, but it might as well be with how pathetic the game is upkeeped.