Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

With the upcoming Game Update 6.1.1, we will be changing how some aspects of Personal Conquests work. Our main goal for these changes is to make Personal Conquests relevant to any character, not just an activity for players at max level. Our second goal was to add some quality of life improvements that help players in the right direction through clearer menu navigation.

More Objectives

We feel the current Personal Conquest system has too high of a reliance on the automatic conversion of EXP to Conquest points. While this is helpful to allow players to experience content of their choosing, players who wanted to focus on their Conquest objectives found themselves lacking enough objectives to meaningfully contribute during a session.

If players were opting to farm the same enemies over and over again to meet their Personal Conquest goal, what does that really say? As we took a step back, we saw this as more of a systemic issue that we wanted to address. Starting with Game Update 6.1.1, the Conquest system will only take base EXP and convert it to Conquest points. Any Experience Boosts will no longer grant additional Conquest points. To counteract this Conquest point deficit, we are adjusting the objectives in a few ways – adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level.

More Repeatable Objectives

Players have expressed frustration with the repeatability of Conquest Objectives, particularly Weekly objectives. Weekly objectives feel frustrating because they can be completed only once on a single character, forcing players to choose which character gets the lucrative amount of Conquest points. We know the preferred solution for players would be to allow conquest completion per character, but unfortunately this is a much larger technical change that cannot be quickly addressed. In the meantime, to address this issue we will be adding more repeatable and Daily objectives to allow greater flexibility in how Personal Conquests can be completed.

Level Relevant Objectives

The way we plan on making Personal Conquests more accessible to all characters, not just ones at end-game content, is by breaking up Conquest objectives into three level ranges: levels 1 – 49, levels 50 – 70, and levels 71+. This way a level 50 character won’t be asked to kill enemies on Ossus or complete a Master Mode Flashpoint. In a couple of days we'll post an update in this thread with a full breakdown of a specific Conquest's Objectives.

Level Relevant Rewards

Currently Personal Conquest rewards are mostly relevant at level 75. As part of creating separate level ranges, we wanted to ensure that the rewards players receive from a Personal Conquest are immediately impactful, no matter your character level. In order to achieve this, we have changed the rewards granted to players, depending on their level range. Players will notice that the rewards at level 71+ are not changing.

Levels 1 - 49

• Mission EXP boosts
    • These will be a new type of boost. These will offer bonus experience from Missions only and they'll be stackable with other boosts. They will also have a shorter duration of 30 minutes per boost.

[*]Companion Gifts

[*]Credit Certificate (15k)

[*]Gathering Lockbox

Levels 50 - 70

• Mission EXP boosts
  • Companion Gifts
  • Credit Certificate (20k)
  • Gathering Lockbox
  • Heroic Box (Level Dependent Gear)

Levels 71+

• Credit Certificate (25k)
  • Gathering Lockbox
  • Solid Resource Matrices
  • Tech Fragments
  • Small Conquest Equipment Crate

These rewards are locked in once the Conquest begins. For example, if a character starts the Conquest at level 45 and reaches level 50 half-way through the week, they will still get rewards for the level 1 - 49 range. The following Conquest will then update to the next tier of rewards. There are no plans to change Guild Invasion rewards.

Better Navigation within Conquests

In order to make progressing towards your Conquest goal simpler, we are introducing a system that will allow you to move from the Personal Conquest window right to your objective. This means if a Conquest objective requires you to complete a specific mission, you'll be able to receive the Mission and travel to the Mission location right from the Personal Conquest window! We can bring you to the specific Flashpoint or Operation required, open up the crafting window for crafting related objectives, or grant you the Mission needed to complete objectives. This will help players get right into the action and prevent issues of not knowing where to go for an objective.

When will these Conquest changes be coming to PTS?

Currently, the changes being implemented with Game Update 6.1.1 will not be making it to PTS. Our upcoming PTS build will instead be focusing on Game Update 6.1.2, which will consist of Master Mode Dxun, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes. Given the nature of these changes, the team would like the hands-on testing focused on these.

With that in mind, what do you think of these quality of life changes? Do you feel like your experience completing Conquests will be improved? Also, are there any activities or content that aren’t properly represented in Conquest objectives currently?

Everything listed above is subject to change based on internal testing as well as player feedback in this thread. We will post an additional update in a couple of days to give an example of what a Conquest’s entire objective list would look like.

Edited by DanielSteed

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this is a pipe dream, but a QoL feature for conquest I'd like to see added one day is a character specific tracker for points earned on the character I'm on instead of having to cycle through multiple windows and tabs. Ideally, like an "Optional" (so people who don't care about conquest don't have to worry about it) tracker in the Missions list that lets people know they have x/50,000 conquest points. Or something like that.

Did they ever?

Yes, do they, currently. It's more noticeable when running flashpoints like Athiss. If you're not running any XP boost, the champion mobs near the end grant 288 conquest points. If you're running XP boosts, legacy XP boosts for flashpoints, and DvL gear, you cap it at 625 conquest points. So RIP using my DvL gear to get more conquest points more rapidly. But, if the changes are going to be much more alt friendly...

My only thing I want to stay as a personal reward are the Solid Resource Matrices. Those of us who are max level on a lot of toons but are leveling a new toon, it's handy to still get the Solid Resource Matrices to craft our augments. Also, you Daniel, you said Solid Resource Matrix. Does that mean 1? Or are we still getting 2 from personal rewards?

I like the Idea of splitting up the Quests for lower level Characters but please don't kill the world bosses out of the Conquest for lower level players. It is a fun way to bring the guild together both high and low level characters can participate in it. Balance wise you should consider fixing the Operation Trash Mob Farming.

Level Relevant Rewards

Currently Personal Conquest rewards are mostly relevant at level 75. As part of creating separate level ranges, we wanted to ensure that the rewards players receive from a Personal Conquest are immediately impactful, no matter your character level. In order to achieve this, we have changed the rewards granted to players, depending on their level range. Players will notice that the rewards at level 71+ are not changing.

This concerns me. Removing the Tech Fragments and Conquest Materials from the rewards below 70 punishes those who run conquest on alts. Tech fragments are legacy wide in in heavy demand for end game gear. Conquest materials (also legacy wide) are already very rare, in high demand for crafting and have no other source. I fear this change will have the opposite of the desired affect: It will discourage people from playing and going for conquest on characters 70 and below.

First thought and hopefully typo: why the reference to a solid resource "MATRIX"? I sincerely hope this was intended to be "MATRICES" and was typo'd.

Second thought, and Kendra's stubborn pessimism kicking in, how is this a bigger priority than any of the other issues I have raised that should be simplier to fix than overhauling an entire system (amplifiers, randomness in mods/enh, crafting is a total disaster, etc)?

Third thought, and the first one I actually had upon reading the intent: "I better hurry up and get my last couple toons to max level on SF". Removing endgame mats and frags from the levelling toons simply means I probably will not be bothered with them.

Moving on from the broader, big picture thoughts and into the details:

This paragraph

Players have expressed frustration with the repeatability of Conquest Objectives, particularly Weekly objectives. Weekly objectives feel frustrating because they can be completed only once on a single character, forcing players to choose which character gets the lucrative amount of Conquest points. We know the preferred solution for players would be to allow conquest completion per character, but unfortunately this is a much larger technical change that cannot be quickly addressed. In the meantime, to address this issue we will be adding more repeatable and Daily objectives to allow greater flexibility in how Personal Conquests can be completed.

Is basically the answer to the question you pose here:

If players were opting to farm the same enemies over and over again to meet their Personal Conquest goal, what does that really say?

But I will elaborate. It is obvious that conquest is intended as a motivational tool to keep people around. It is, for instance, one of a very few reasons I'm still around. (the biggest one being a lack of time or desire to learn to play a different game - with all due humility, I'm rather good at what I do here, and I have it set up pretty good for myself. Why would I want to recreate the wheel?) That said, please don't get cozy as I am NOT, at current a satisfied customer, but that bitter old grandpa sitting on his porch yelling at the kids to get off his lawn (or in my case, out of the giant red circles we've all known about for nearly a decade).

Er, sorry for the tangent... back on topic. Speaking for myself, the biggest issue has been not with the weekly objectives, but with the LEGACY ones. I do not know how to make this clearer. If I could do a full sm gf op on every one of my alts daily, well, I would much rather do that than incessantly kill mobs in KP. But I only get credit for it once a day on one toon. So what happens with the rest? I find something spammable and repeatable to do with the rest of my time. So again, the issue is less weekly and more LEGACY objectives, as it has been literally since you introduced this concept, supposedly in an effort to help small guilds compete (in reality, fyi, it had the exact opposite effect as big guilds have more LEGACIES in them than my small guild, which is dependant on my and my friends' small legion of alts).

Oh and tangent number two, this is only annoying again because I figured out how to game your new group finder system. Could you please seperate the one off bosses into their own category to spare me 5 minutes of headache yelling at group to select the right roles (which seems to be bugged, as when they claim they changed it, it doesnt seem to update)?

Ok, back on topic again, with another random big picture thought: how is it technically easier for you to overhaul an entire system, adding new tiers, new menus, new quick travels, etc, than it is to move objectives around within an existing system? Literally make all or most of the daily per legacy objectives simply daily per character and there goes most of my problems. My small guild has absolutely zero chance of competiting with the big boys anyway, so what does it matter?

On the level split information: interesting idea...

"Mission xp boost"... so class mission? FP missions? Ops? Everything except repeated enemy killing? I'm confused.

I resent the change of credit certificate values. 25k is absolutely nothing as it is, and credits are easily shared across legacy. I mean, you need FOUR of these to, for instance, remove ONE mod from a piece of gear. And I have no way of getting bis mods other than random happenstance which seems to always wind up IN a useless armor piece for me anyway. Seriously, take a pry bar to that piggy bank rather than nerfing credit influx (again). Also again, your inability to prevent last years' credit exploits was not my fault, nor did I partake of them. So, please stop punishing me.

Next, and as mentioned above, I do not like that you are seemingly halving an already rare item. I also do not like removing this from underlevelled toons, especially considering that even if I get that toon to 75, he still gets the underlevelled reward. This is nonsense. If my toon reaches max level before reaching personal cap, give him the max level reward. But more nonsensical is that you are cutting the rate at which the already too rare mat is being granted.

Tangent 3: Seriously, have you no idea what you've done with all your credit sinks? Is it a (tinfoil hat moment) plot to get more CM money or some kind of insider deal with a credit spammer? Amplifiers, upped repair costs, the frankly absurd cost to pull item mods, ridiculous crafting scheme, I could go on for literal hours. And while I'm on the subject (er, I guess tangent 4) amplifiers are still dumb. Back to tangent 3, though, I have spent 297 million credits since 6.0 dropped and have exactly one spec in (almost) BiS everything (except the amplifiers, because after 15 million credits, I got just accepted that I was going to be 2.5% less armor pen that the hypothetical best. Back to tangent 4 - these amplifiers are almost dumb beyond my ability to comprehend, and the fact you refuse to address them is infuriating. They do make a difference, are a min/max tool, and are being used as a giant credit sink and screw you to loyal players like myself.

Ok, ok, back on topic again... where was I? Levelling split...

I need more details before I can decide. My immediate conclusion is, I wont be bothered with the characters I don't have at max level before this drops (I grant you, there are only like 4 out of nearly 40).

The navigation sounds nice... if you could please avoid breaking something totally unrelated in the process. Oh and on the subject of broken things, could we please change the description of ops to be 70+? You know, since those are the only players who can actually enter them anyway?

to conclude: I deeply wish I could be excited, as your stated intentions are good. Your consistent misinterpretation of the issues (see also weekly vs legacy as one of a cornucopia of examples) coupled with the fact that every major system change breaks something else, and my pessimism is in high gear. I frankly feel there are other issues you could be addressing that are more important and seem like they should be easier to fix (touched on in my many tangents.

Oh and PS, nice to know you've caught on to Mr Musco's "post before you leave for the day and deal with any fallout later" routine.

TLDR: do we get 1 matrix or 2? Weekly vs legacy issue (see above). What are these "mission boosts"? I conclude I'm going to simply ignore the rest of the toons i haven't levelled, and I feel there are bigger issues you are ignoring to create this practically guaranteed to include some game breaking bug change.

Edited by KendraP

This concerns me. Removing the Tech Fragments and Conquest Materials from the rewards below 70 punishes those who run conquest on alts. Tech fragments are legacy wide in in heavy demand for end game gear. Conquest materials (also legacy wide) are already very rare, in high demand for crafting and have no other source. I fear this change will have the opposite of the desired affect: It will discourage people from playing and going for conquest on characters 70 and below.

Agreed. Many of us run conquest on alts and if we have high level characters as well, we should not be penalized.

I like the Idea of splitting up the Quests for lower level Characters but please don't kill the world bosses out of the Conquest for lower level players. It is a fun way to bring the guild together both high and low level characters can participate in it. Balance wise you should consider fixing the Operation Trash Mob Farming.

Agreed.

Also, I don't like the idea of negating the boosts. It's hard enough to make conquest on multiple toons with a boost. Removing the boost bonus could be a problem.

All of this seems positive, I just hope that the nerf for exp conversion to conquest exp won’t make it take even longer or be more grindy.

The last changes to conquest really stuffed some of us up and we gave up doing it at all because of it (by increasing the target goals).

I would also like to see some change to make it a little easier for people who don’t have 150% from strong holds. Not everyone wants 8 strong holds or to open up all the rooms.

I personally have 150%, but I only use one strong hold and only have one decorated. While my sister only has 90% boost because she doesn’t play as much to gain the 10’s of millions of credits needed to get to 150%.

This totally puts her off even trying to do conquest and she has basically quit the game over it.

I welcome positive changes. Just make sure this doesn’t negatively affect those at the lower end of the spectrum because you will lose more players, which this game and small guilds can’t afford.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hello everyone!

With the upcoming Game Update 6.1.1, we will be changing how some aspects of Personal Conquests work. Our main goal for these changes is to make Personal Conquests relevant to any character, not just an activity for players at max level. Our second goal was to add some quality of life improvements that help players in the right direction through clearer menu navigation.

More Objectives

We feel the current Personal Conquest system has too high of a reliance on the automatic conversion of EXP to Conquest points. While this is helpful to allow players to experience content of their choosing, players who wanted to focus on their Conquest objectives found themselves lacking enough objectives to meaningfully contribute during a session.

If players were opting to farm the same enemies over and over again to meet their Personal Conquest goal, what does that really say? As we took a step back, we saw this as more of a systemic issue that we wanted to address. Starting with Game Update 6.1.1, the Conquest system will only take base EXP and convert it to Conquest points. Any Experience Boosts will no longer grant additional Conquest points. To counteract this Conquest point deficit, we are adjusting the objectives in a few ways – adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level.

The way we plan on making Personal Conquests more accessible to all characters, not just ones at end-game content, is by breaking up Conquest objectives into three level ranges: levels 1 – 49, levels 50 – 70, and levels 71+. This way a level 50 character won’t be asked to kill enemies on Ossus or complete a Master Mode Flashpoint. In a couple of days we'll post an update in this thread with a full breakdown of a specific Conquest's Objectives.

Level Relevant Rewards

Levels 1 - 49

• Mission EXP boosts
    • These will be a new type of boost. These will offer bonus experience from Missions only and they'll be stackable with other boosts. They will also have a shorter duration of 30 minutes per boost.

[*]Companion Gifts

[*]Gathering Lockbox

Levels 50 - 70

• Mission EXP boosts
  • Companion Gifts
  • Gathering Lockbox

Levels 71+

• Gathering Lockbox
  • Tech Fragments

These rewards are locked in once the Conquest begins. For example, if a character starts the Conquest at level 45 and reaches level 50 half-way through the week, they will still get rewards for the level 1 - 49 range. The following Conquest will then update to the next tier of rewards. There are no plans to change Guild Invasion rewards.

In order to make progressing towards your Conquest goal simpler, we are introducing a system that will allow you to move from the Personal Conquest window right to your objective. This means if a Conquest objective requires you to complete a specific mission, you'll be able to receive the Mission and travel to the Mission location right from the Personal Conquest window! We can bring you to the specific Flashpoint or Operation required, open up the crafting window for crafting related objectives, or grant you the Mission needed to complete objectives. This will help players get right into the action and prevent issues of not knowing where to go for an objective.

When will these Conquest changes be coming to PTS?

Currently, the changes being implemented with Game Update 6.1.1 will not be making it to PTS. Our upcoming PTS build will instead be focusing on Game Update 6.1.2, which will consist of Master Mode Dxun, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes. Given the nature of these changes, the team would like the hands-on testing focused on these.

With that in mind, what do you think of these quality of life changes? Do you feel like your experience completing Conquests will be improved? Also, are there any activities or content that aren’t properly represented in Conquest objectives currently?

Everything listed above is subject to change based on internal testing as well as player feedback in this thread. We will post an additional update in a couple of days to give an example of what a Conquest’s entire objective list would look like.

Any chance the galactic rampage conquest objective and fully repeatable heroics for points will return?

To be fair, they don't listen to the playerbase even when they put stuff on the PTS, so nothing of value was lost.

I'd like to chime in with a few things, not all of them are negative but there are some things mentioned that don't sit well with me.

1) Larger guilds don't even need to bat an eyelash at their overall Conquest. They sail to the top of the Large Yield invasion board within a few hours every Tuesday and there they will sit. Same goes for larger/well established guilds that crowd out the Small Yield invasion board. If there could be some way to limit whether Small/Medium/Large Yields are accessible to a guild based on member count would give smaller guilds a chance at actually winning or even appearing on the board at all. I have no clue what the average guild size is so perhaps some kind of census is in order to see what kind of population count - oh, forgot to mention, by Legacy and not by individual toons from the same Legacy - the average guild has. The fact that a guild with over 100+ unique Legacies and active players can invade a Small Yield every week has been bothering me ever since I came back to the game. I'm not sure if this has been a problem the devs have even thought about but I'd like to propose something changes regarding that.

2) The last few weeks have been something interesting. Nothing but "LFM KPF" (Karagga's Palace Farm) on the fleet and endgame chat channels. I liked that you guys said this problem is systemic because it geniunely IS easier to just walk into an operation and farm enemies that drop inflated points, rather than pick and choose what objectives to grant to each of your several toons, which can get complicated if you have lots of toons. You see the symptom as a bigger problem which is that it's not that easy to spread your points out by a lot of your toons every week. That said, some objectives need to be added for sure (already mentioned, which is good) but a few of them should be made either Daily or Infinitely Repeatable; mainly the ones that need this change pertain to completing an Operation, Bonus Bosses on Flashpoints, certain crafting objectives. The 'Donate 10 War Supplies' has GOT to go away, I would never waste 10 of those to 'donate' into the whimsical nothingness for the sake of Conquest. They're time consuming to make as is, even if you have a well set up several crafting toons. All in all, sounds like stuff is being added, which is always a good thing.

3) The point about breaking up Conquest loot based on level is rather poorly argued. My point is that I am TRYING to level the toon and get him/her to 75 for the sake of gearing and being able to participate in endgame content. Most of the loot proposed in the lower brackets is not actually helpful and I would rather keep my well earned Solid Resource Matrices and other fun, shiny stuff. I don't think it's fair to penalize us with LESS because we are of lower level, not cool guys, please "un-fix" that. With reduced rewards useful to ME and my whole Legacy it gives people less incentive to play their lower level toons. Most of those rewards are not that great, unless by "Companion Gifts" you mean gold quality, then that I am ok with.

4) Also mentioned by others is how freakishly expensive the game has become post 6.0 in terms of Credits. I manage to stay afloat and keep a minimum of 10M in my Legacy bay like a responsible adult should, but this game is literally sucking credits out of people and going nowhere and to no one which I suppose is the intent here. I didn't know the credit exploit was a thing until recently and it seems awfully like these changes to the game were meant to punish those people. I wasn't even playing the game when the credit exploit happened. I feel that people stay afloat or gasp - PROFIT off of the Galactic Trade Network mainly by crafting and selling the wares, thiefs who steal people's bank accounts to buy Cartel Coins and sell Cartel Market items for Credits, or whatever other tin-foil hat theory may exist. Point is that there are sharp people out there who shrugged off this global price increase to play the game. They will exist and mercilessly exploit any minor crack or hole in plans to drain the players' Credit accounts. I'm not smart enough to come up with an actual fair means of cracking down on exploits so that innocent players aren't punished - that is your guys' job. Maybe a small change or two to how transactions on the Galactic Trade Network happen. Possibly reduce the imaginary sales tax or eliminate it entirely. Put a freeze on re-listing something you just recently bought off the Galactic Trade Network, kind of like when there's a freeze on Cartel Market purchases before you turn it loose to the Galactic Trade Network.

I'd like to play the game because it is genuinely fun and exciting and not to pretend I'm at my 8-5 job trying to figure out how I can keep credits coming in to pay for fuel for my Guild Flagship and pay for my sabaac addiction. Because this game is legitimately fun, and I hope it stays that way.

( Deep breath, deep breath don't scream at the monitor, they can't actually hear you.....)

Laudable...

Starting with Game Update 6.1.1, the Conquest system will only take base EXP and convert it to Conquest points. Any Experience Boosts will no longer grant additional Conquest points.

I've tried CQ with and without renown boost.... I was unable to detect any meaningful difference... I don't think this has ever worked, or at least not consistently

To counteract this Conquest point deficit, we are adjusting the objectives in a few ways – adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level.

but not increasing objective values? this is starting to sound like a grind increase and stealth nerf....

I recognize all those complaints, but I'm at a loss to understand why it's possible to add new objectives, but not remove old ones and add new ones with the same goal bu different limits...

sounds good in theory, every conquest week should have goals relevent at almost any level...

Level Relevant Rewards

hmmm, didn't the rewards already currently change at level 70 ?

Levels 1 - 49

• Mission EXP boosts

[*]Companion Gifts

[*]Gathering Lockbox

Levels 50 - 70

• Mission EXP boosts
  • Companion Gifts
  • Gathering Lockbox

Levels 71+

• Gathering Lockbox
  • Tech Fragments

ok, that's DEFINITELY a nerf for < 71 players.... I do like the idea of a leveld gear crate (a la heroics/FP?) to replace the conquest crate, removing credits and conquest mats is NOT helpful to lower leveled players, and frankly the credits are painfull low to begin with. And I feel it's important to mention, that currently, under max conquest is the ONLY way to recieve the old level 10 augment box with level 10 conquest mats.... these no longer exist anywhere else in t he game

No. no no no nononononononononono NO! !!

aside from being overcomplicated nonsense, it just looks like you're punishing players for not having started higher, rather than rewarding them for achieving a new height.... just have it read the currernt level for loot, like everything else in the game does.

This is an interesting idea, although I suspect this is going to be a LARGE source of bugs being introduced

some of them are interesting, but I'll be frankly honest. No one seems to have thought through the repercussions of nerfing the EXP --> CQ conversion....

.... ignoring for a moment, the Operations Farming that's going on, my main source of CQ is actually Random Veteran Flashpoints and crafting.... crafting really isn't affected by the listed changes, but Random Veteran Flashpoints? those are 90% reliant on the current conversion rate. I suspect other activities like planet dailies/weeklies and operations in general would also be hugely impacted, and quite negatively.

I feel like the people making these decisions have forgotten that ongoing weekly activities for key resources should NOT be an constant uphill slog and endless grindfest. while I can actually complete conquest faster than the current "KP Cheese", it's actually more interesting and fun to be in a large group and just blow through some trash mobs like a total bad*ss...

Look, it doesn't matter what you change, if some activity gets people more quickly to basic rewards, that's what they're going to do, no matter how painfully boring it can become in large, or even small doses... but if objectives are actually fun AND get you sizable progress? that's how you get people away from uninteractive spam.

I'll miss the matrix's on now levels, that was one of the reason i did conquest on them every week on all my characters due to how hard to are to get. Ideally i would want that new exp boost and maybe 1 matrix instead of two?

i like that the conquest will be changed, but in that statement, i don't really see, that they understood, why the conquest is totally broken.

note: i have done several kp runs last weeks, to increase the renown ranks for unloved classes.

gearing system:

doing the conquest gives you 2 crates with gear. it is luck to get something usefull out if them,

but mostly there is a set item. so with more toons, you increase the speed to gear up.

(i'm ignoring the fact, that one week i got the exact same item out of every conquest crate)

doing renown ranks gives you a crate with random gear-stuff in it. out of 100 crates i get

around 1-2 iLevel 306 items, mostly not usefull. tacticals and set items are very rare and

if they drop, they are also equipped with mostly iLevel 302 crap. out of 1000 crates there

maybe is one item you could need.

you can buy set items from the vendor and unidentified pieces.

out of 20.000 tech fragments i usally get one r-2 modification and around

3-4 r-5 modifications, i won't use anymore. there are more than 63 different

modifications you can get, because there are also "named" modifications in the

system, next the the numbered, a- and b-mods.

so the goal is to get as many tech fragments as possible, within a short time.

and maybe do some other stuff the same time (conquest points, renown ranks).

with not that much hours of kp runs, you can do 10k tf each day. done with

multiple characters, you get the personal and the guild conquest crates to increase

that number. it just takes you 2 runs of adds.

so for some people it is just a chance to get more best in slot pieces,

because of that rng-system.

skill based rewards:

there are nearly no skill based rewards left in the game.

in the game, there is nearly nothing left worthy to motivate people

doing harder stuff. the most stuff you can get by doing storymode

and some in hardmode. (praxon firaxa now drops in kp storymode, too.)

even the loot from the bosses is not worth doing the challenges.

so it is just the challenge.

even in the conquests, there is no (fair) reward for higher content.

why do you get the same amount of conquest points for doing snv

in storymode and master mode? also the difference between the

operation I and operation II goals is not worth using it, because you

need to clear 3 veteran mode operations. with op I, you just do one

single EV ID and farm that with different toons during the week.

content not mentioned in the conquest:

the railway starfight isn't even mentioned in the conquest.

guild sizes:

because of the conquest design, the planets are just gifts for the mass guilds.

without hard "work" in stupid kpf groups, you don't have any chance to beat

these guilds, as long as skill is not needed to do conquests. even if you do every

conquest goal in a mid size guild, you won't be in the near of a mass guild, just

grinding heroics and rampages.

the only real chance to conquer a planet for smaller and mid size guilds is

during the total galactic war event. so if you want to do that achievement,

you have to join such a mass guild.

don't get me wrong. it is okay to have an advantage with more people in the

guild, but we need also a skill based component in there. if you are just a mid

size raiding guild doing master mode operations, this should be rewared with

a bunch of extra points for the harder content and so smaller guilds could also

go for higher content goals, to attack mass guilds.

so what we need are more character based goals

and more skill based rewards.

if you can't do that, because of your system, you can set

the rewards for each enemy in that operation way higher, depending

on the level. so no points for storymode, a fair amount for veteran mode

and a bunch for master mode.

Credit Certificate (15k)

Credit Certificate (20k)

Credit Certificate (25k)

This is almost as useless as giving us grey items as a reward. You can't even do a single summons for less than 40k. You should make the credit certificate rewards meaningful e.g. 150k, 200, 250k.

Dividing up the objectives and then locking each character to them at the start of the week sounds like it is going to cause a lot of unnecessary confusion. Why limit what people can do at different levels. If people are doing a large openworld group activity with a mostly high level group this change means people are more likely to refuse low level characters to keep room for those at a higher level.

The only benefit of it is to keep some objectives open to low level players that high level ones were somehow stealing away. I can't think of anything this has been happening with on a regular enough basis to necessitate the change.

don't get me wrong. it is okay to have an advantage with more people in the guild, but we need also a skill based component in there. if you are just a mid size raiding guild doing master mode operations, this should be rewared with a bunch of extra points for the harder content and so smaller guilds could also go for higher content goals, to attack mass guilds.

In a word, unrealistic.

Most small guilds are never going to 'attack' larger guilds. You might get in a sucker punch once, maybe twice. In the end, they will just go to bury your 'quality' with quantity.

so what we need are more character based goals and more skill based rewards. if you can't do that, because of your system, you can set the rewards for each enemy in that operation way higher, depending on the level. so no points for storymode, a fair amount for veteran mode and a bunch for master mode.

Again, unrealistic. The game would not survive such a draconian attack on SM's. If BW would care to reveal the ACTUAL numbers of SM/HM/MM activity by player on a weekly basis, you might be surprised (unpleasantly) by how few even do HM (let alone MM) any more.

TLDR: BW already hurt themselves by alienating the multi-box players. They may be niche, but their money is just as green as anyone elses, and they do it in bulk. Doing anything that limits (any further) the viability to play alt's (and receive equal rewards) in this game will just drive people away.