2.1 page update. Is this all? Nothing there for subscribers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is plenty for one patch. I am kinda disappointed that they are doing character renames though.

Plenty, but where is the content for subscribers? This should be a cartel market update, not 2.1 CU.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates

Page no longer features "coming soon" details. Is this all we can expect from 2.1? Where is the content subscribers are paying for? Is there anything in the update we won't be charged extra? Twenty dyes for players to craft won't really cut it.

23 dyes (if security key and CE) and the rename stuff. Plus discount on other customizations. Sorry that you've decided that you are entitled to more than that, but it is what it is.

Optional stuff is optional.

Forgive me for feeling entitled to promised content update features which were meant to be accessed by subscribers at no additional costs. I'd be fine if it was an independent cartel market update but it is taking "space" of something more appropriate and something we got used to at this stage.

Having HK-51 is optional, just like daily quests @ the section x or the new end-game operations. I don't remember having to pay extra for access to those.

cartel market shouldn't merge with content updates.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well they originally said new content every 6 weeks, minor updates to the CM every week, and major updates to the CM every few months (I would say this is our first major CM update)

Now it's new patch every 8 weeks and major CM updates can fall under that category

It would be nice if they at least released a blog explaining why they had to make these changes, instead of just acting like these were their plans all along. It scares me to think what their strategy will be like in a year from now.

I'm HOPING this stuff is just a high priority because it introduces new systems where they can easily update the CM with new items (kind of like how we get new color crystals with each pack, now we'll also get new armor colors and character customization features). This would make sense because it will allow them to easily update the CM without having to devote too many extra resources for each new item released.

Edited by Tommot

I'm gonna call it the worst update ever. Nothing in it for me and i play both pvp and pve, its just a "GIVE ME CARTEL COINS" update, nothing more. I felt it when they implemented Cartel reputation . Also Andryah dont even try to answer please, we all know you work in BW now:D

There will also be bug fixes. What's funny is that for every person like you there are just as many people who have said on this very forum "I don't even WANT content in the next patch, just FIX BUGS!".

They just put out an expansion 3 weeks ago. Give them time to make new content. Don't worry, it's coming. In the meantime I'm going to love using the new dye system, as a subscriber.

Well they originally said new content every 6 weeks, minor updates to the CM every week, and major updates to the CM every few months (I would say this is our first major CM update)

Now it's new patch every 8 weeks and major CM updates can fall under that category

It would be nice if they at least released a blog explaining why they had to make these changes, instead of just acting like these were their plans all along. It scares me to think what their strategy will be like in a year from now.

Same with me. Things should get cleared up because despite how much I am spending on this game and how much I love it - I am starting to get annoyed.

It's seriously lame that most of the new stuff we see are the cartel market items. It's just disgraceful that after getting myself $600 (and there are lots of players on my server who did same) worth of cartel packs they're throwing in more cool, but paid, features under disguise of a content patch.

So far it looks like new patch will offer around 20 dyes to the subscribers and freeps.

There is not even a mention of a hood toggle T_T

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I was wondering if there would be anything else, as well. It's shaping up to be a mostly Cartel-oriented content patch, when the two were explained as separate paths months ago. I guess there will be bug fixes (or hope) but is that really going to be it? I"m more than happy about dyes and kiosk but some more traditional content would be nice (warzone, quests, flashpoint, op, companion, event etc).

Also I will laugh to myself if the patch they named Customization doesn't bring a hood toggle.

I'm gonna call it the worst update ever. Nothing in it for me and i play both pvp and pve, its just a "GIVE ME CARTEL COINS" update, nothing more. I felt it when they implemented Cartel reputation .SNIP...

It's definitely a way to bleed subscriber coins, given how gamers love to customize their toons.

I wonder if it was done as a CC market only cause subscribers were not spending enough cash beyond their $15 a month coins allowance. A market BW needs to tap that is vulnerable to enticement by customization. If gamers are already willing to spend $15 on a game many felt was not worth $15, whats a few more bucks enticed out of that market with something you know every gamer enjoys to some extent.

I don't know if they can access them without paying extra. Aren't we paying subscription so we can freely enjoy content updates?

U are not paying extra..U get every month FREE cartel coins.

I was wondering if there would be anything else, as well. It's shaping up to be a mostly Cartel-oriented content patch, when the two were explained as separate paths months ago. I guess there will be bug fixes (or hope) but is that really going to be it? I"m more than happy about dyes and kiosk but some more traditional content would be nice (warzone, quests, flashpoint, op, companion, event etc).

Also I will laugh to myself if the patch they named Customization doesn't bring a hood toggle.

Maybe there will be a fashion show event for the release of the kiosk and dye? We all go to the promenade of Nar Shadaa and the Hutts will judge us on our outfits. And then we can watch the catfights :p

U are not paying extra..U get every month FREE cartel coins.

They're not free, we are paying for them. They're part of the subscription deal. And considering that one (like myself - I used to change my character's hair every few days in WoW) might be a customization sucker those coins won't last long if prices are similar to other stuff on the cartel market.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Maybe there will be a fashion show event for the release of the kiosk and dye? We all go to the promenade of Nar Shadaa and the Hutts will judge us on our outfits. And then we can watch the catfights :p

Don't you mean catharfights

Well, I am a subscriber of course and I want the Kiosk really badly. There was no reason before the Legacy system to not just make humans or whatever, so now I need to get every race to 50 or whatever. I would rather just swap some of my humans who are half way there to whatever I am missing.

I'm confused, weren't we supposed to be getting a Legacy/Character name change as a one-off freebie each month? Now subscribers have to pay?

And how many times have people been asking for a name change and Bioware didn't even pop in with a "coming soon"? I thought they had shelved the idea.

They're not free, we are paying for them. They're part of the subscription deal. And considering that one (like myself - I used to change my character's hair every few days in WoW) might be a customization sucker those coins won't last long if prices are similar to other stuff on the cartel market.

They are not part of the sub deal. when i subed there was no cartel market. They are given as a gesture. Do not forget that. Now i am not saying that i like that we have to spend cartel coins for those things. but as it is we can do it for free.

They are not part of the sub deal. when i subed there was no cartel market. They are given as a gesture. Do not forget that. Now i am not saying that i like that we have to spend cartel coins for those things. but as it is we can do it for free.

They became the part of the deal in November. It's not so hard to look things up. It's not a gesture but extra incentive to get more $ in.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I'm confused, weren't we supposed to be getting a Legacy/Character name change as a one-off freebie each month? Now subscribers have to pay?

And how many times have people been asking for a name change and Bioware didn't even pop in with a "coming soon"? I thought they had shelved the idea.

From the page Alec linked, it looks like we get one character, legacy, and guild name change. Doesnt say anything about it being monthly :(