Gunships

DrKrwemill

Just saying that "many people" who think that "gunships = slicers" are the ones that exist only in your head. Didn't mean to discredit you because you did that to yourself long before that.

lel Remusqui I didnt know you were such a funny guy. If you really think that then I envy your ignorance x)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying that "many people" who think that "gunships = slicers" are the ones that exist only in your head. Didn't mean to discredit you because you did that to yourself long before that.

My Last post before I ever close the window of this topic:

COWARD

This whole thread can be summed up as: “I got beaten by a skilled gunship player and was mad about it.” Nothing about gunship is cheap if you know how to play properly. One-shotting someone in a gunship is a matter of luck (damage overcharge notwithstanding) and not a consistent feature of the ship. Hell, I’ve one-shot people in a scout. Does that make them cheap and overpowered?

Learn to counter gunships or don’t. But you’ll find no support for this post among any seasoned GSF vet. Not a single one.

what on earth is this thread even

like i want to respond but there's just so much totally wrong with the premise that i genuinely do not know where to start

i guess i should point out that there's a reason that none of the solo aces play primarily gunship anymore. i rarely get to play one these days and i like them.

interestingly since you whined about mediocre slicers: you know a gunship is the best counter to slicing by people who don't really know how to follow up, right? that or just hunting all the engine powerups.

i love seeing the other team in gunships too lol because that means it's farming time

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

i love seeing the other team in gunships too lol because that means it's farming time

Oh man, when I’m in my battle Scout and I see a gunship charging up within easy range of me, it’s like Christmas came early. I’ve nuked so many gunships that didn’t even know I was there, it’s hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like I kill gunships more easily than most other targets in my strike fighter, even as a probably mediocre pilot. I have no idea how matchmaking works though, so maybe I'm getting paired up against newer people without many upgrades.

• 2 months later...
So I just had a look at a class I never play, because I have self-esteem. Gunships.

I looked at the components and bursted in laughter.

That ship (which never occured anywhere in all SW universe). Not only it has a 15 click ranged cannon, it also has: Distortion field, Lightweight armor and burst cannons. Congratulations Devs, your 10-yr old kid's dream about indestructible and all-powerful ship came true. Anyone who manages to die and have a low score in this thing cannot be called a good player. You made something like Flashfire, just with ranged cannon that can blast you with single shot.

Any veteran who use this ship just to get kills is outright deplorable.

You have lowered yourself to the same level as the notorious slicers, like Ten Chi or Dash one (Malgus - I think they are the same person).

This would explain the upsurge in nasty whispers I've been getting after games recently.

You know, the ones which say you only play Gunship because my sad little life needs validating, I'm a p****, a c*** etc.

Some people really, really get the red mist. I don't even play Gunships that much.

But I'm fairly sure it's not a self-esteem issue. Project much, OP?