Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Are the collections prices intended or a bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Reno_Tarshil
06.17.2014 , 05:35 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Forgot to ask ealier though and if possible, could you let us know if...

- The unlock prices for some of the new armor sets is indeed intentional or an accident; Namely if some of them are indeed meant to cost 450 CC.
- The drop ratio is only for the Rare-rated armor sets inside the Lockboxes or also for the Xoxaan, Mandalore the Ultimate, Tulak Hord ones as well?

Thank you.
Sorry for being a Nag Tait, but I'd also like to hear some clarity on Point 2 at least.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

oofalong
06.17.2014 , 06:21 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
::Poofs back in::

An update! The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!

::Gently places a sealed bag of confetti on the floor before poofing away.::
Can you expand which items were affected? And, what corrective measures, if any, will be taken?
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

Prototypemind
06.18.2014 , 12:22 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Forgot to ask ealier though and if possible, could you let us know if...

- The unlock prices for some of the new armor sets is indeed intentional or an accident; Namely if some of them are indeed meant to cost 450 CC.
- The drop ratio is only for the Rare-rated armor sets inside the Lockboxes or also for the Xoxaan, Mandalore the Ultimate, Tulak Hord ones as well?

Thank you.
Also, what about the new Emotes? Hip Dip is freaking 600 CC to unlock. 60 is the norm price, 240 for "better" emotes. 600 is ridiculous.

Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Natoorat View Post
^ I would imagine so. The real question is...

What with the people who already bought "faulty" packs?

EDIT: Ah, almost forgot... And what's up with collection unlock prices?
For example: emotes unlock cost is 60CCs, but Emote: Hip Dip costs... wait for it... 600 CCs (that's SIX FREAKIN HUNDRED CCs).
Guess I missed your post the first time I went through

chillshock
06.18.2014 , 03:48 AM | #54
Wow... how I hate myself for getting a hypercrate when this obviously made my money worse than it should have been. :/

Oh well... my loss, their gain, their game, my game, my gain - i guess.

Still sucks. Going to punch a jawa for this a few times. And maybe send a few droids to disintegration.

KuZiboY
06.18.2014 , 04:08 AM | #55
::Poofs back in::

An update! The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!

so when i bought a 24x pack of it there was a bug with the rarity.. -.- wow, i spent alot of money on that. Never buying CM stuff again.

PorkdishSWOR
06.18.2014 , 04:24 AM | #56
The rarity of the items in the Starcluster Nightlife Pack is being corrected in 2.8.1!
I'm curious if it fixes existing (unopened) packs/hypercrates or only newly purchased versions.

MystbladeWA
06.18.2014 , 05:15 AM | #57
Not overly happy about this either tbh. If there was a bug in the rare items dropping for the recent pack, which i bought 2 hypercrates of, then i'd like BW to consider some sort of compensation.

I'm fine with the nature of RNG, but if you are admitting that there were issues with the items that we all want dropping, then I effectively wasted my money on a dodgy product with no possibility of me knowing that it would be any less chance than it has always been for the good items to drop.

I really dont think a hotfix to ensure it wont happen in the future is good enough for the people who have already bought, and opened packs.
Hold'My'Beer Chill
I'Got'This Legacy

LeJarC
06.18.2014 , 05:28 AM | #58
:: Sneaks in while no one is watching, grabs the bag, runs off to TUXs post to empty it. ::
Sorry. No referral link here. Trust me! You don't want to....
lurker mode engaged until sub runs out.

OddballEasyEight
06.18.2014 , 05:45 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by PorkdishSWOR View Post
I'm curious if it fixes existing (unopened) packs/hypercrates or only newly purchased versions.
That depends on how the system works.
Is the items in a box set before that box is opened or is it randomized at the actual opening instant.

I bet it is the second option.
Because keeping track of what's in those boxes floating around would take up alot of memory. Just setting a random chance on each to use when opening takes up almost no memory.

In other words, I'm willing to bet that it fixes all unopened ones.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

OddballEasyEight
06.18.2014 , 05:47 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
Not overly happy about this either tbh. If there was a bug in the rare items dropping for the recent pack, which i bought 2 hypercrates of, then i'd like BW to consider some sort of compensation.

I'm fine with the nature of RNG, but if you are admitting that there were issues with the items that we all want dropping, then I effectively wasted my money on a dodgy product with no possibility of me knowing that it would be any less chance than it has always been for the good items to drop.

I really dont think a hotfix to ensure it wont happen in the future is good enough for the people who have already bought, and opened packs.
Then I suggest you come up with a fair and good way of compensating.

Giving you two new hypercrates isn't a good option btw. (and I opened 2 myself so don't call me biased)
Giving your money back isn't a fair option either.
So what would you suggest?

EDIT: One option I have been toying with is to give everyone that bought a certain number of packs (maby a hypercrate or something) one free pack.
That would give a nice influx on the market and wouldn't flood the market.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.