PVP? The problem?

Nickodemous

Honestly who cares that people are not playing how you want or playing the way you want. Do you own thing they do their own thing its a win for both.

Lets be real for a second we don't need any type of Ranked Mode to see who are at the top PVP wise. Its just some ego number that was made up. Same thing with Objectives in Regs its a driving force of player manipulation, but If one team wins and has 20 deaths each is that really winning?

Its pretty easy to tell who can play and who can't.

Its all subjective as to what winning and loosing is to the individual person. The only gripe that I have and reason why I don't play so called ranked arenas is BioDadddys decision to not permaban win traders. That makes the whole ranked thing a joke. If you cheat it should be one and done that's it, but lets be real if that happened there wouldn't be a ranked scene at all.

Edited by TmoneyTime

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It so easy to pick apart, the problem is cross faction! I get why it was done....but now with a few servers, it ridiculous! The reason pvp guilds don’t exist currently, is because they don’t have too! You have imp and pub working together, pubs killing pubs, imps killing whatever, it anarchy!

All of your other pvp complaints are mute and insignificant until this is fixed. Swtor pvp, which has the potential to be great, will continue to suffer until rival sides are created again! It was not the gear that made pvp great back in the day, it was Prime Defense (pub) vs LD 50 and Unicorn Stampede (Imp) that made it epic!

Now, just a whole bunch of poo!

So the reason cross faction was created, is because initially they didnt have it. And you would languish in que times. Our server was 90% empire (not kidding) and I used to actually feel bad for the wait time they would be in for if they qued (which they did). I apologize but your idea holds zero water. Cross faction instanced pvp has zero effect on the efficacy of pvp in a given game. It only helps to improve que times.

Thank you

Yak

So the reason cross faction was created, is because initially they didnt have it. And you would languish in que times. Our server was 90% empire (not kidding) and I used to actually feel bad for the wait time they would be in for if they qued (which they did). I apologize but your idea holds zero water. Cross faction instanced pvp has zero effect on the efficacy of pvp in a given game. It only helps to improve que times.

Thank you

Yak

This

Cross faction in this or any game has zero impact on anything but queue times.

I I like the analogy, but I'm just making sure, did you just compare literally throwing a ranked match with someone choosing to damage farm in an unranked match? Moophy stucks games for 2 reasons. He doesn't like the players, or someone doesn't do what he says. Also your analogy is flawed. You are comparing someone who doesn't abide by the rules of ranked to someone who doesn't abide by the rules of unranked. Ranked is by all standards a competitive gamemode, while unranked is a casual gamemode. You won't see people asking someone to leave q in unranked because they got 10k dps and 50 kills with 0 objective points. You won't see someone asking someone else to leave q in unranked because they were erping in chat, and /clubdancing (unless it's Deadofwinter, but he doesn't ask, he screams in genchat). You will see people asking someone to leave q in ranked, when they get globaled and then say that they don't care about ranked. Because ranked is a competitive gamemode.

I have no qualms about bursting your bubble of self- delusion, so here it goes:

Solo ranked is not, never has been, and never will be seriously competitive PvP.

Why? Because Bioware will never master class balance and make solo ranked a 1v1 format, and those are the two conditions they'd need to meet for solo ranked to be seriously competitive.

I was only semi-serious about PvP for a brief period years ago, but I did have friends that were seriously competitive, and for a truly serious competitor the lack of group practice time alone is a deal breaker for group finder teams. Nevermind the random skill, gear, and team composition. Solo ranked is by the fundamental design of team selection not seriously competitive.

It's not like Bioware has ever shown any sign of thinking that PvP is anything more than a checkbox that has to be ticked off because RPGMMOs are supposed to have some sort of PvP. So it's not surprising that serious PvP is pretty much non-existent, and that un-serious PvP is deeply flawed.

My approach is to be un-serious myself. Bioware isn't serious about PvP, the player base isn't serious about PvP, trying to be serious about it is just asking for a lot of avoidable grief and frustration.

Sure, still try to excel, but think of it like deciding to excel at throwing pies. It's excellence in a silly and pointless endeavor, and not worth getting stressed about.

Serious competitive computer gaming PvP is out there in many genres of game, it's just not in SWTOR.

The changes needed to bring it here seem . . . unlikely.

I do both ranked and regz and there is no difference between the two. You play ten games in each, you will get one of ten good games in each. What is a competitive game, when the objective is very much the same in both teams playing.

Losing has no consequences, *** I can still sleep if my ranking is zero, nothing is gonna happen.

But SR has been a joke, from start. We had big que manipulation when in the first seasons Arenas where faction based. Then we had the problem with wintraders and bots. We had StarDamon Sage on rep side on ToFN which really screwed all first seasons when I was excited about it all. It never changes cause then a couple season ago we had the SinTank who que botting, then we have a couple of persons who while some of them are good players they still manipulated the system to the death.

Why are these people back in the game. While are they are allowed to show there titles. I would not allow them to que ranked. BW needs to get its act right and start punishing these guys however good or bad they are.

Ranked PvP was competitive before the advent of Arenas, when we had Ranked Team ques. Somehow Group Ranked never picked up with Arenas. The Pre-Season of Ranked WZs was the only competitive PvP Swtor had....

Arenas could have been used to improve this, but BW screwed all the way.

Edited by limenutpen

There are more problems with pvp than you all have stated. I would like to give a "stand up applause" to those of you all who took it upon yourselves to bang the reports to get me banded for a day. I very seldomly speak, but apparently when I do...... now, you all take it upon yourselves to report....even though what you all say is worse than anything I have said.

It funny, I made a comment about how old I was.....I said that I was "old as ****", reported, you cannot make this up. I am 50 now, a 50 yr old who has pvp'ed since my early 30's. I am better than the majority of you...

Sorry you all felt you had to do this, sorry you all sorry!