Mandalorian Crusader Schism on Galactic Timeline

balbossaswtor

For RP purposes and creating character backstories for my two toons, does anybody know approximately what year this Schism takes place? It’s mentioned somewhere that Torian Cadera is 17 years old at the beginning of Chapter 1 of the class story for BHs. So it had to have been between about 3660 BBY and the story.

I’m trying to work on details/ages of my characters and how old they would have been during the split. I’ve looked at timelines but it’s not mentioned anywhere that I can find. Thank you!

I would probably put it around somewhere between 1 BTC and 1 ATC?

I feel confident that it was not significantly earlier and timeline does not allow for it to be much later. So my reasoning for this is that Gnost-Dural mentions in his fourth Journal that Mandalore the Lesser was recently slain. The first of these journals is dated at 0 ATC meaning the Journals are being written at 0 ATC or after. That gives us the earliest that the transition of Mandalore could have happened as 0 ATC or 1 BTC if it happened shortly before the treaty and the journals are being written soon after the treaty.

Now working from the other end, Bloodworthy says that the Taris bounty has been on the Blacklist "for over a decade." Additionally, he says, regarding Mandalore's search for Cadera, "It took a year of searching and a great many dead before Mandalore finally washed his hands of the traitor and left him in exile." So that would give us a rough timeline of the Schism having ended at least 11 years ago (1 year of Mandalore searching + 10 years of it being on the Blacklist). This conversation is taking place during Chapter 2 of the Bounty Hunter story, which would put it approximately in 12 ATC based on the rough timeline we have for class story years. So 11 years prior would be 1 ATC as the latest it likely could have ended.

So that gives it a fairly narrow range of when it could have occurred. As Torian is 18 in 12 ATC, that would put him around 5-7 during the Schism, which sounds about right? I'd probably put it starting in 0 ATC (so 3653 BBY) and 1 ATC being the year (or most of the year) where Mandalore was trudging through Taris swamps, but I don't know if the info we have supports nailing it down that tightly.

I would probably put it around somewhere between 1 BTC and 1 ATC?

I feel confident that it was not significantly earlier and timeline does not allow for it to be much later. So my reasoning for this is that Gnost-Dural mentions in his fourth Journal that Mandalore the Lesser was recently slain. The first of these journals is dated at 0 ATC meaning the Journals are being written at 0 ATC or after. That gives us the earliest that the transition of Mandalore could have happened as 0 ATC or 1 BTC if it happened shortly before the treaty and the journals are being written soon after the treaty.

Now working from the other end, Bloodworthy says that the Taris bounty has been on the Blacklist "for over a decade." Additionally, he says, regarding Mandalore's search for Cadera, "It took a year of searching and a great many dead before Mandalore finally washed his hands of the traitor and left him in exile." So that would give us a rough timeline of the Schism having ended at least 11 years ago (1 year of Mandalore searching + 10 years of it being on the Blacklist). This conversation is taking place during Chapter 2 of the Bounty Hunter story, which would put it approximately in 12 ATC based on the rough timeline we have for class story years. So 11 years prior would be 1 ATC as the latest it likely could have ended.

So that gives it a fairly narrow range of when it could have occurred. As Torian is 18 in 12 ATC, that would put him around 5-7 during the Schism, which sounds about right? I'd probably put it starting in 0 ATC (so 3653 BBY) and 1 ATC being the year (or most of the year) where Mandalore was trudging through Taris swamps, but I don't know if the info we have supports nailing it down that tightly.

You are absolutely awesome. I was figuring somewhere around 3650ish BBY and you pretty much confirmed it. I figured someone who knew more about the lore would be able to strengthen my hypothesis. Thank you so much for your help!