Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enough with the insane slows/roots and extreme mobility. Enough is Enough.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enough with the insane slows/roots and extreme mobility. Enough is Enough.

Retro_Chrome
06.18.2021 , 09:39 PM | #51
the only class i notice that has any desync issues is scoundrels and operatives, and only on quesh ball...if you are having desync issues with predation or hydraulic s, you need to upgrade to at least a computer made in the last five years...i dont have any lag and i run at full max settings shadows included because why the eff not...this game is 10+yrs old, it is nowhere near as graphics intensive as it used to be. if you want balance and a change of playstyle that is fine, but dont hide it behind desync.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

eiekal
06.19.2021 , 02:09 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
The primary jugg gap closer is force leap. Force leap has a 15 sec cooldown. With the the first tier utility (Warmonger) you can reduce the CD on force leap to about 5 seconds. If you are playing vengence, everytime you jump you get a 20% movement speed increase, 20% DR, and 3 second immunity to roots, slows, and hardstuns. Add that to enrage movement speed, jump resest with force push, and a 30 meter root from vicious slow and juggs have an awesome mobility kit to help kite.

Mad dash is the mobility ability and force leap is the gap closer. I'm all for making roll into a gab closer like force leap. This would make them comparable. Make it so that roll has to go to a target and so is a gap closer just like
force leap instead of being like mad dash which is a mobility ability. Anyone else have a good idea on how to nerf operative to bring them down to everyone elses level? I like septru's suggestion of making roll into a gap closer to a target just like force leap but we can have other ideas too so keep them flowing.

I recommend you practice all of these tools. As a jugg, you can easily reach a second, third, and even fourth ED with a healer, tank, or any other form of peels as long as you are using your mobility to kite. I am no expert, but if you need more help with mobility on jugg feel free to reach out to me or look at these helpful guides for beginners::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWPMjPs7zU&t=1s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZH55Uw26gA&t=23s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXVvue8iv50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2FMolZoO0&t=224s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2UaOObWg3c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irJLCUtU1YU

Thanks for the suggestions on kiting but as a jug, my mobility ability, mad dash, is on a 45 second cooldown
so unlike operative roll, its on a long cooldown and so you become an expert kiter, side straffer and circle straffer when you play a jug, which you dont need to do as an operative so their skills will be subpar with movement since
they rely on the low cooldown mobility ability roll.

You missed a whole lot in that quote bud. Here, let me help you out and quote my whole comment.

Next time, maybe try not selectively selectively pick and choose the words in a quote. You might make a whole lot more sense and earn yourself some credibility, instead of essentially lying to make a self serving point.
Mad dash is the mobility ability and force leap is the gap closer. I'm all for making roll into a gab closer like force leap. This would make them comparable. Make it so that roll has to go to a target and so is a gap closer just like
force leap instead of being like mad dash which is a mobility ability. Anyone else have a good idea on how to nerf operative to bring them down to everyone elses level? I like septru's suggestion of making roll into a gap closer to a target just like force leap but we can have other ideas too so keep them flowing.

Thanks for the suggestions on kiting but as a jug, my mobility ability, mad dash, is on a 45 second cooldown
so unlike operative roll, its on a long cooldown and so you become an expert kiter, side straffer and circle straffer when you play a jug, which you dont need to do as an operative so their skills will be subpar with movement since
they rely on the low cooldown mobility ability roll.

If you're really concerned for my movement skills we can have fun demonstration to put your mind at rest, I'm willing to meet you anytime to show my movement skills where I'll circle strafe you and you can circle strafe myself and we'll see who looks more clunky.

Can we keep the ideas flowing on how to nerf operative mobility. Septru's suggestion of making it a gap closer like force leap where you have to have a target to roll to is a good one but I'm sure we can come up with other good ones as well.

sauerkraut
06.19.2021 , 02:29 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Retro_Chrome View Post
the only class i notice that has any desync issues is scoundrels and operatives, and only on quesh ball...if you are having desync issues with predation or hydraulic s, you need to upgrade to at least a computer made in the last five years...i dont have any lag and i run at full max settings shadows included because why the eff not...this game is 10+yrs old, it is nowhere near as graphics intensive as it used to be. if you want balance and a change of playstyle that is fine, but dont hide it behind desync.
I see this issue in EVERY HB, EVERY DAY and it has nothing to do with the PC, just like lag not caused by PC.
so I don't know what are you talking about here. Pls explain it to me how desync and lag caused by my PC.

TrixxieTriss
06.19.2021 , 11:18 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Pls explain it to me how desync and lag caused by my PC.
It’s not. Although it can amplify it if you have a slow system or excessive network ping or packet loss.

The desync is built into the game at this point. Only bioware can fix it.

You can have the best configured and fastest PC and live next door to the servers and you will still experience some desync, but probably much less than say someone living in Australia (like me).

Everyone has desync, some of us have it worse based on distance, network quality or older systems. But most modern PCs have sufficient RAM, fast CPUs and good graphics cards that are overkill for a game like swtor. But they still get desync because there is a fundament problem in the engine and coding.

I can’t even remember really seeing any desync in the game before 3.0 except for Operatives rolling off the platforms in original Hutt ball. Now you can sometimes see desync when operatives roll across flat ground and not even off or up or down a platform and not just in HB.

And since 4.x, the desync has gradually gotten worse with every patch till we are at the stage where most classes with a speed ability / utility or gap closing ability can cause desync. And because operative roll has always caused desync, it is the worst offender and stands out the most.

With all the mobility and speed abilities added to the game for “every class” now. The poor old Frankenstein hero engine can’t cope. Add the multitude of different armor set abilities and introduction of tacticals and and extra visual affects that engine now has to deal with and I’m surprised it hasn’t permanently broken the game.

You can really see the effects of these new armor set / tacticals / abilities when you compare the games performance in lowbie pvp vs lvl 75 pvp. Lowbies runs so much smoother in FPS and also less desync. And the lower the player Lvls, the better the game performs because there are less speed, mobility, gap closing utilities to tax the hero engine.

Of course, there are still problems in all Hutt ball maps regardless of lvl, it’s unfortunate because I love Hutt ball. But it’s so bad that Bioware should consider retiring HB from the roster if they can’t fix the dysnc issues (which I don’t think they can or they would have by now).

septru
Yesterday , 06:21 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by eiekal View Post
Septru's suggestion of making it a gap closer like force leap where you have to have a target to roll to is a good one but I'm sure we can come up with other good ones as well.
I never said that.
-Prum

CheesyEZ
Yesterday , 06:31 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
I never said that.
you have to admit, it would be pretty cool if ops had an ability that allowed them to "leap" or "teleport" to a target. but what would they call it?

Retro_Chrome
Yesterday , 10:25 PM | #57
hrm would a swtor 2 be great made on a more up to date engine id love it!
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 11:15 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Retro_Chrome View Post
hrm would a swtor 2 be great made on a more up to date engine id love it!
Wouldn’t we all.