Hypercrates! How?

LordSinfury

Hi all,

Just recently returned to the game and was looking through my characters and arranging some characters, items around and decided to make a trip to the GTN to discover the prices are crazy. Now this is coming from someone that played roughly 4 years ago.

So I looked up Hypercrates on GTN to see if I could afford one and open it up and maybe snag something rare to sell on the GTN and found there was none for sale. I asked in chat and someone said none are for sale because they sell for billions now which the GTN caps at 1 billion, and aren't worth selling on GTN anymore.

So with all this knowledge in hand, for someone like me that would like to buy crates and sell them, what are my options? To use the auction channel? Get on main game discord and sell? And if I would sell using auction channel, what should my asking price be? I want to be fair for market value. How much money can a person hold if the auction house caps selling and buying at 1 billion? Is it the same for characters holding that amount?

I have never seen the amount of items being sold for so much in a game before, this is ridiculous tbh. Do you guys think it will eventually stabalize? I play on Satele Shan if anyone is curious. Sorry for all the questions. I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on real world inflation lol.

Thank you!

Edited by LordSinfury

You know, you can buy them from the Cartel Market with CCs. 😏

Yep I realize that, with CCs or using credits. I am more interested in buying crates from the market and selling them on GTN, BUT there again is my problem with written above with how to sell them for the value they at now.

Yep I realize that, with CCs or using credits. I am more interested in buying crates from the market and selling them on GTN, BUT there again is my problem with written above with how to sell them for the value they at now.

Either:

* Break the hypercrate into individual packs and sell those on the GTN. Well, unless they've inflated above a billion.

* Sell in trade chat, subject to some loopiness about the 4.29 billion cap on your character's wallet, which may mean you need to break them into individual packs anyway.