Run For The Shadows Big Baddie, - Can not Kill this thing.

This the fourth or 5th time I am running this mission and for the life of me I can't kill it this time. I am a Jedi Sentinel ,;Level 75 - Armor is all topped off as are my light sabres, I can not kill this thing. I have stood in from and gone toe to toe as one video suggested.I tried running and killing the tentacles but Acina just dies when I dod that. The Bazooka thing does no damage. whatsoever. I am at a loss. any help would be greatly appreciated. Like I said I have killed this think before with other Toons, so the makes no sense.

I guess not please explain.

Read the tooltips of your abilities ***carefully***. When you're not in the fight, obviously.(1) One of them will talk about interrupting the targeted enemy's action. Put that somewhere useful on your quickbars, and keep half (or more) of an eye on the space where the enemy's portrait is next to your main quickbar. The big bad will cast (a bar that fills just next to its portrait) a big ugly ability. While it's doing that, use that ability you found, the one that interrupts your target's action. That enemy ability will immediately stop and will not take effect, *and* the (enemy) ability will go on its normal cooldown except extended by a handful of seconds.

EDIT: footnote:

(1) Don't be like me when poor Reyelria'kinth got in a group to do Black Talon, before 4.0, and ...

Well, it's a sorry tale, but I'll embarrass myself by telling it again.

So the group was Reyelria'kinth (my first Lightning Sorcerer) at level 16 and three other randoms at levels 14, 12, and 10. We stomped around and generally stuff just died, until we got to the bonus boss, the big ugly droid in the cargo area. Poor Reyelria, fresh off Korriban and wearing whatever junk she stole from dead acolytes and soldiers, ended up facetanking the droid.

Remember how I said she was my first Lightning Sorc? Well, that means I didn't know the class's abilities at all, and had to stop fighting halfway through the fight so I could read my ability tooltips.

Don't do that. Read your ability tooltips *before* the fight.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

What spec do you have Acina in? I would suggest either having her heal or tank.

The advantage to having her heal is obvious. I would suggest deselecting her combat abilities though by un-filling the little boxes on her toolbar for her combat skills.

Having her tank is not as obvious. Companions do a pretty good job of tanking, so you should just be able to turn her loose on the boss and then DPS to your hearts content. I would suggest starting her out with the 3rd ability on her toolbar. That one should make her jump to the boss and grab agro fast.

Also, if you have Heroic Moment use it. That is often overlooked.

As I recall the tenacles are in a part with spikes coming up from the ground. If you use the microbinocular things there is a panel on the ground that you should NOT stand on. Go around where the spikes are and get the little thing for the bonus quest.

The big baddie genoharidon thing use heroic moment, and bring along gifts for Acina to get her level up before attempting. (you can't teleport her out of the flashpoint any more to take her to the fleet to give her gifts).

:mad: