The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Ran a heroic yesterday on Alderaan with my (then) lvl 33 marauder. (The one on the high platform with planting ' evidence' on corpses).

The group also featured a Sorcerer (dps) and an 32 Operative. The last I don't remember the class from.

But this story is (almost) all about the Operative. I think he thought he was a Sniper, because all he did was sit in cover and snipe. With the occasional rifle shot and I think I' ve seen a grenade once or twice. Nothing else. Sometimes many seconds without doing anything at all. I have seen ZERO uses of his knife (backstab, shiv, etc.). He went into stealth ONCE after I asked the group to please use some CC to make the fights easier (There had been multiple deaths already). In that one pull the sorc & he both cast a cc. Best pull of the heroic. But after that he reverted to sitting in cover not doing much. I finally made a comment about it and he responded saying he has ' only 2 knife attacks'. Nothing changed after this. He never used his vanishing move when near death either. And to top it off he also was quite under-geared for as far as I could tell.

I admit, Im no expert on playing Operative, but on my own (lvl 31) almost all I do is stalk enemies and stab/poison them. The op in the group did not cast any heals either. Then again, no off-healing from the sorc either.

Im just happy I finished the heroic with zero deaths of my character, but Im quite weirded out by this sniping operative...

Did you check if he was specced? The two basic knife attacks would be Shiv and Backstab, with Lacerate in Concealment, so that can't have been it -- and I assume he'd have tried to heal / poison in the other trees. Might be he never learned how to use his skill tree.

Just had a run which didn't really go wrong, it was bad players not really causing issues but just generally being bad.

I have noticed this weekend on ToFN nobody has been queuing for any fp's, I therefore subject myself to the horrors of kdy so I actually get something to do.

Gf pops and shows im the only dps (with my sent) and there are 3 tanks. This should be interesting.

group is my 41 sent, a 17 vanguard, a 20 shadow and a 27 shadow.

Zone in and take a look. Vanguard is in the orange cell (forgot name, the base one you get from the start), the other 2 are shadows from the same guild (whose name couldn't be any more clear that it is a Hungarian guild). This is reinforced by some form of foreign being used in the chat by these 2. Both are in shadow technique. It seems these 3 "tanks" are all dps.

We get the conversation done and move off towards the shuttle. When at the shuttle myself and the vanguard have a tick over our heads, as well as 1 of the shadows. The other one isn't clicking and, after waiting 2 minutes, I ask him (by name so its clear) to click. Both of the Hungarian shadows then speak up stating they are just logging into ts. I have a feeling these 2 are either obsessed with ts, absolutely awful at co-coordinating without ts, or have never done kdy before so don't know it really doesn't require ts.

We eventually get into the shuttle when I spacebar the flying through space cutscene, at least 1 person doesn't as the cutscene doesn't skip and mr "wait 2 minutes before shuttle while I set up my ts for this kdy run" starts getting abusive that we aren't skipping and taking too long....

First room is starship assembly. The fights are pretty much normal (as normal as can be expected from 2 low lvl foreign shadows: force wave on cd), and considering all these 3 people are dps who just forgot to untick tanking box im not very surprised (though annoyed they queue for something they flat out refuse to do) by a conversation we have:

me: pull

shadow: waiting for someone to attack

me: theres 3 (apparently) tanks here, and you want the 1 dps to pull?

shadow: so you will just stand there until we start the fight?

me: all 3 of you claim to be tanks

It ends up that im pulling all the fights in a group with 3 other dps who think they are tanks, though I am a sentinal so I suppose I should be pulling before the tank. Once we get to the table I take a quick glance (I have been in kdy so many times I have figured there are only 3 different builds, and each build has a different layout on the table so the problem can be done with a simple glance) and state the correct build in group chat. We get all 3 codes, 1 of the shadows had been waiting in the middle while we get last code and they unlocked it all. Once it was all unlocked I repeated the build, however this person doesn't seem to care about exp (what sort of person runs kdy if they don't want exp) so builds it wrong. Both Hungarians then tell me im being stupid saying theres no exp if you fail as "you fight 6 elites". I ask them to type out their current exp before we kill the 6 droids, they do. Once we get to the lift I then ask them to type out their exp again. They decide im being an elitist pr*ck and should get stuffed.

Second room is the armoury. I end up laughing my butt off at the events of the first pull. These 2 are clearly discussing things on ts as they tell us to wait, move down the stairs and stealth cc some enemies in the first pull (you know the 2 standards and 1 strong dog). They spend about 1 minute moving their cc's around (and I assume discussing where the cc should go in ts) before they settle on ccing the dog and enemy in the middle. I therefore target the enemy on the left (I know im a sent, I should target cc'ed stuff but they put so much work into deciding that I don't want to ruin it) and wait for the pull....which comes, in the form of both shadows using force wave at the same time, breaking both cc's and moving the enemy I had targeted round a corner so I am now LOSed. I struggle for the first few pulls of this room as I can barely see due to crying with laughter.

We get to the end of the room and, as can be expected from such players we skip the elite def, I point out this results in less exp but they ignore me, complete the room then we fight the elite def. However....by the end of this room the vanguard has switched to ion cell and guarded me, so at least there is 1 good person in the group.

Get to final boss, the bloke with the grenades. Vanguard calls out "left first" then pulls. We get going and then grenades come at us, myself, the vanguard and 1 shadow go left station, other goes right. I can't understand how 2 people on ts can't even organise themselves to move to the same station.

At the end myself and the vanguard say our goodbye's, however 1 of the shadows is annoyed that he has had to carry myself (the only 1 who attacked the adds) and the vanguard (who tanked the last boss well) through the mission.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Had a pretty frustrating run on my guardian today. Queued up as DPS(I wasn't in the mood to tank) and got Athiss SM. First, it takes like 5 different pops before we get a full group, 3 of which all timed out, so it took a good 10 extra minutes just waiting for someone to accept. Our composition was me, a guardian tank, a shadow dps, and sage healer. When we all enter, the tank immediately drops group without a word. Something, I still don't get. I mean, if I get a FP I don't want to do, I just ask for a kick instead of dealing with a lockout.

Anyway, the shadow proceeds to pull the stuff around the elevator instead of just dropping down. Well, he dies and rages that no one helped him. I tell him to just drop down the hole and ignore the droids. I kindly ask him to just stealth pass the mobs guarding the explosives. He proceeds to do so, but then force waves them on the way out. >_>

We get a replacement tank, a guardian. The pulls to the first boss go rather well, but the shadow is taking a page from Bad Shadows 101 and using Force Wave on CD, Shadow Strike without procs, so on and so forth. First boss, the tank isn't holding aggro on anything, at which point I realize she isn't even using a form at all. Luckily, we down her with no one dying. Boss drops a strength head piece, which the sage needs on accident. She apologizes and politely offers to trade it to me or the tank. I explain that mine is better, while the tank says nothing. We move onwards, with the shadow continuing his bad playing, making things a bit more frustrating. The tank tries to help, but is extremely rude about it. I whisper the shadow, trying to give tips, but he gets quite defensive about it. Saying things along the lines of sticking to my class(my sin is my main and is working towards NiM content), l2p noob, and others.

On topic, one of the random mobs drops a green pair of willpower gloves. The shadow needs, and the tank begins to rage. Telling people to stop ninja-ing drops, saying this group would have fallen apart without her, etc. and proceeds to rage-quit. I queue us up, yet again, this time as a tank. We get our replacement, a sage dps. This sage would constantly run up, force wave, and run to a knocked back mob and only use double strike. I don't know that I saw him use project or TKT once.

Second boss goes surprisingly well. On the way to the last boss, the shadow actually listened to my suggestion of CC'ing some of the mobs to make things easier, and rarely used his force wave. Last boss, things go well at first. Healer is cleansing the DoT's in a timely manner so she can assist with DPS and make things faster, but the dps sage is still just.....yeah. First stealth the dps sage gets the flame debuff, and just stands there and dies. He rages about not getting heals, and the healer says "I don't have a cleanse for stupidity. #sorryboutit", at which point I about lost it. Funniest thing I've heard in a while. She releases to the start, and runs back. Well, we whittle down the boss. Then I notice about 6 red dots circling round my map. The sage just ran through pulling every single mob in the temple. She makes it to the boss, and dies again. And rages again. We manage to kill the boss before getting overwhelmed. Before we wipe, I ask the shadow to force cloak so we don't need to run back. Well he doesn't. So, despite killing the boss, we have to run back through the temple to get the freaking objective done for it to count.

We loot the boss, and he drops a willpower chest and an assault cannon. I just greed both. Chest went to the healer and I got the cannon. I checked to make sure I didn't need(I get paranoid when I get something not for my class), which I didn't. And yet again, the dps sage rages about how he didn't get anything. I quickly left, ignored the dps sage, friended the sage, and got an apology from the shadow for being a bit rude earlier and even asked if I could give him some advice or guides to read.

TL;DR: Wrongly arrogant "tank", very angry DPS sage, good healer, and shadow who actually listened to advice.

Had a bad run last night on Mando raiders. I was the scoundrel healer we had a commando tank and 1 knight DPS and one consular DPS. My first thought is this is going to be fun with one of each class. As soon as we all get in the knight says he’ll brb and so we wait and about 5 minutes later he comes back but without telling anyone and runs forward into the first room and manages to draw everything. Me and the other two quickly run after him and he’s already down to about 20% and runs back behind us where he appears to go AFK. The DPS is doing her job and so is the Tank but I quickly noticed for the first time that despite the Tank doing what tanks do best I see she’s very under geared and so is getting hammered away at very quickly. Us 3 only just manage to get through the first mob with no help from our knight DPS and I’d had to pop Cool head because the tank was just taking so much damage without gear so she was quite low on health and I had almost no energy left. The knight DPS suddenly comes back to life and while we’ve just started to recuperate he charged into the next room with still only about 20% health and once again draws everything in the room promptly dies and we soon follow. The same seems to happen until we finally reach the first boss. Our consular sets out a plan but the knight DPS ignores it and charges straight in again drawing all 3 onto him and within seconds he’s down to about 20% health and proceeds to run back out the room and go AFK again (Seriously??? Was starting to think he was just a troll) we all run in but with the tank just taking so much damage we all die pretty quick. We all end up back at the start area when I noticed the knight isn’t there waiting for us I look at the map and see’s he’s running back to the first Boss and once again starts attacking alone whilst we’re all back at the area start point. By this stage it’s been at least 40min and I quit :rolleyes: Edited by BlueShiftRecall

That's exactly why I NEVER do a female character in ANY online game.

I had a weird experience the day before yesterday :

I wanted to do the "Assault On Korriban" FP because I had never done this quest line before.

Me, I'm a pure story player. Without storym, SWTOR is notjing but thin air to me.

In the end, I ended up doimng "Assault on Tython", because that's what the quest leader was doing.

I had told him that I wanted to do Korriban first, but I was so stupid on the other hand that I didn't pay much attention to his remarks about doing Tython.

He apologised, but for me, a story player, THIS part of the story is now horribly screwed.

I need weeks to get gback to that. If ever.

That's the weakness story players have, because 99,99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 % of all SWTOR players are NOT story players. They are just not interested in any story of any kind.

I won't do these FPs in the next weeks or months. They're dead for me now until I've forgotten THIS screwed "beginning".

Totally false!!

After a while you know the script by heart and could play act the cut scenes word for word.

We get that there are new players, and would appreciate a heads up if this is your first time through this particular one instead of making us stare at the "waiting" message endlessly.

but the shadow is taking a page from Bad Shadows 101 and using Force Wave on CD

This sage would constantly run up, force wave, and run to a knocked back mob and only use double strike. I don't know that I saw him use project or TKT once.

I have started leveling Operative and Powertech on Red Eclipse and I just remembered that I'm going to be in so much frustration and pain. :mad:

At least the Shadow started to learn... Wait a minute... What just happened? Could you repeat that?

Edited by Halinalle

I'm quite the opposite. I now almost exclusively play female, red-skinned twi'leks. IT'S NOT AN OBSESSION! :)

Anyways, I have actually had zero issues like this in THIS game except one, 'wow, our Mara is hot' comment. (None of them dress like strippers).

My one experience like this was in LBRS in WoW ... on my ... wait for it ... female night elf hunter. (I know, I was like the ONLY one on my server! Not.) And some dude just would not stop trying to sex me up. Finally, I just typed in /party chat, 'look Buddy, I'm sure my d**k is bigger than yours and tell your Mum hello and thanks for last night.' THAT shut him up.

Yeah, I mostly play female characters in games (although this one I'm about 50/50) and when I get a guy hitting on me (and some of my characters do wear somewhat revealing (or less) clothes, I see it the same as I do IRL, don't think that a woman's choice of clothing is an open invitation to harass her) I'm just like "I'm not looking for a date, leave me alone" at least if its' mor than just "nice" or some such... like if they are actively hitting on me... especially since I'm on Harbinger, which isn't even an RP server.

Yeah, I mostly play female characters in games (although this one I'm about 50/50) and when I get a guy hitting on me (and some of my characters do wear somewhat revealing (or less) clothes, I see it the same as I do IRL, don't think that a woman's choice of clothing is an open invitation to harass her) I'm just like "I'm not looking for a date, leave me alone" at least if its' mor than just "nice" or some such... like if they are actively hitting on me... especially since I'm on Harbinger, which isn't even an RP server.

I tend to flirt back (except on my merc, who is lesbian). Also, my Cathar Shadow meows.

Totally false!!

After a while you know the script by heart and could play act the cut scenes word for word.

We get that there are new players, and would appreciate a heads up if this is your first time through this particular one instead of making us stare at the "waiting" message endlessly.

You say that. But there are enough people who disagree with you, who will rage in chat, (attempt to) vote kick etc. I was once in a Black Talon run where there was one person not skipping. Another one got really annoyed with that and left before even the 2nd conversation (with Kilran's glorious droid of manslaughter). The one who didn't skip then "disconnected", if that's what you wanna call Alt+F4 :rolleyes:. So we had to replace 2 people in a Black Talon run, which mind you, is the very first FP new players can do, after 5 minutes, because 1 didn't skip.

You say that. But there are enough people who disagree with you, who will rage in chat, (attempt to) vote kick etc. I was once in a Black Talon run where there was one person not skipping. Another one got really annoyed with that and left before even the 2nd conversation (with Kilran's glorious droid of manslaughter). The one who didn't skip then "disconnected", if that's what you wanna call Alt+F4 :rolleyes:. So we had to replace 2 people in a Black Talon run, which mind you, is the very first FP new players can do, after 5 minutes, because 1 didn't skip.

People acting up (being pr*cks) on black talon/essles is probably the reason quite alot of people avoid fp's like the plague.

I got a pop for kdy with my sent, the group was already in progress. I join and see a lvl 26 sent, lvl 50 shadow dps and lvl 49 slinger. They are all waiting at the lift, having cleared the room.

So we get to the second room (prisoner rescue) and I notice mr shadow is using force wave on cd (on a low lvl/new player this is an issue, on a lvl 50 this is ridiculous). I ask him to not do so, at which point I get a vote kick on me with the reason box left empty. It doesn't go through. The gunslinger sends me a whisper to warn me that anybody who questions this shadow is kicked (in fact the other sent was a replacement of a mando). So....we have a poorly played shadow who thinks himself above criticism and anyone who thinks different should be kicked...

The shadow causes a wipe in both rooms by force waving stuff off the edge and pulling the whole room. I pipe up the second time with "I though he would have learnt after the first wipe". The sent and slinger both throw a lol, the shadow throws another kick, it doesn't go through.

I have at this point noticed something wierd with the other 2. the gunslinger only uses sweeping gunfire and never enters cover, but fights from range and the sent doesn't know about introspection. As such I get to explaining it to them (it does come in handy). The slinger also tries to help explain out-of-combat heals. The shadow throws a kick on the sent, it doesn't go through. After a while of explaining the out-of-combat heals the shadow throws another kick on the sent, doesn't go through.

We complete the room in the end gunslinger still only using sweeping gunfire and the sent having learnt about heals.

The boss is the grenade 1, I state left first and the shadow pulls. Grenades get thrown and me and slinger move to console, do the business. The shadow and sent don't. This happens for the second round of grenades where the sent and shadow die, don't res and run back so its a wipe. I tell people that "if your new please speak up". The sent only now states they are new, at which point the shadow throws a vote kick on them, it doesn't go through. I ask what that was about and the slinger points out the first person who was kicked was kicked for being new...Im now starting to really dislike this shadow. I ask about the person I replaced, apparently it was a dps sage who was kicked for not healing during the elite defender fight in the first room. I point out my opinion on that, why kick a sage dps for not healing and don't kick the shadow dps for not tanking, its the same principle. I get a vote kick from the shadow for saying that but it doesn't go through.

We then get onto the topic of elitist pr*cks kicking new players as I am trying to convince the sent not all people are like this shadow and stating your new is better than keeping quiet. The shadow puts vote kick on me probably because I didn't make much effort to mince my words when expressing my opinion of people like him. It doesn't go through but I finally convince the sent that in future admit to being new and if anyone attempts to kick them for it they should put that person on ignore and move on. The slinger agrees with me :).

We then explain the fight, the whole grenade thing and that adds are not just for 1 person (me). We pull again and now the sent is joining us on grenade machine. The shadow doesn't and dies on second round of grenades. For the first time he actually writes something: "you *********** dumb noobs I have carried your dumb asses through this and you can't even heal" (we are 2 sents and a slinger) "gl getting this done without me carrying your sorry *** you *********** noobs, l2p". He then dc's. The three of us finish the fight, take our rewards and I add the sent to friend.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Cademimu SM:

Story about weird assassin tank and merc healer.

Around mid way to first boss someone says that I should use AoE as tank. Yeah, I spammed Discharge and Lacerate but obviously there's some other AoEs that I should have @ 29... They started calling me names and when we wiped in Xander fight they just blamed me for ignoring the robot.

For those that don't know Lacerate is really bad AoE threat/force wise, it really wrecks your force management. I've tanked Cademimu as Shadow but it was at lvl30+ when I had AoE taunt and Force Pull.

This merc healer though... Only Rapid Shots and Kolto Missile(?), nothing else ever. So, I don't think I was the only weird one.

Cademimu SM:

... They started calling me names and when we wiped in Xander fight they just blamed me for ignoring the robot.

The robot has to be avoided. If possible, he should be kited into the "orange" circle so he gets trapped (not needed on SM, mandatory on HM). Otherwise, players should just run away from him.

This merc healer though... Only Rapid Shots and Kolto Missile(?), nothing else ever. So, I don't think I was the only weird one.

News flash: he wasn't specced for healing. :)

The robot has to be avoided. If possible, he should be kited into the "orange" circle so he gets trapped (not needed on SM, mandatory on HM). Otherwise, players should just run away from him.

I only lead robot to circle in SM (haven't even done HM yet) because it's hilarious. But yes, it's "avoid bot, focus Xander and bot stops" fight in SM. I still don't know why they reset the fight twice before we could actually beat Xander.

News flash: he wasn't specced for healing. :)

No wonder I melted so fast...

But it's officially over now. No tanking for PUGs ever again.

Edited by Halinalle

Was doing a hardmode of Czerka Labs the other day as my main gunslinger with a guardian tank, a sage healer, and a dps scoundrel. Something fishy seemed to be going on in terms of damage, but I paid it no mind. When we had to get the datacards on the different levels, the scoundrel just kept running through to the next mob every time. Which meant we couldn't activate the cards and eventually wiped because he had collected too many enemies and then backpedaled to where we were cleaning up.

We get to the Corellian wardroid fight and it was taking forEVER because there was effectively just the one DPS (me). We even managed to see the droid enrage. Never saw that before in my life!

The sage did a little investigating and found that our scoundrel was way undergeared and so we kicked and replaced him, explaining that he should try tacticals or level 50 hardmodes for a while before jumping into 55 hardmodes. Poor guy. We got a good sentinel after that that made our lives a lot easier.

A few weeks ago I had a CZ Core Meltdown HM on my healer, together with a firend as DPS.

Our tank was raging after the first room about my friend ninjalooting all the droids with scanvenging. (the tank had gotten exactly 1 less than my friend).

When I pulled de first group in the next room together with the 2 DPS while the tank was still raging the other DPS asked if we could let the tank pull. The tank then ragequit after saying "You don't have a tank anymore". So I pulled out my Xalek, him being in 168/180s, a mix of DPS and tank gear. He tanked all the bosses perfectly and noone died at the Duneclaw, my friend died at the Vrblthler, the Adds are really painful... and Xalek died in the final Phase of The Vigilant because I didn't bother getting him out of the AoE.

Yesterday I had a run of CZ Labs HM, again on my healer, this time with another DPS guildie.

Me and my guildie kill the first little droid, then wait for the tank. Tank arrives and charges the single standard mob on the left side, kills it and then stands still for a few seconds, in which the oter DPS gets aggro from the Elite and 2 Strongs in the corner and dies. He types a "?" in Chat. Tanks answer "There's nothing I can do with jump on CD". After the mobs are dead, first thing I do is a big fat facepalm, then nicely point out that he could have initially jumped to the Elite/Strongs in the corner instead of the standard which will melt in a few seconds under the DPS's attacks. He quits group without a single word.

So again, Xalek comes out. Eradicator Droid, he doesn't get any damage from the electric water, so I can let him stay on the boss. Down with no deaths. Chief Zokar, no problems apart from a 0% survive of myself (the red circles hurt quite a bit). And the coolest thing ever is when we were fighting against Rasmus Blys. Xalek knows where Rasmus will show up the moment he stealths and runs to the exact position, so my friend can put his OS down at that position. Killed him without any problems at all.

TL;DR: Xalek had no problems tanking CZ HM in 1/2 DPS 1/2 Tank gear. Don't need Tanks.

Another one is about a group for S&V 8m SM via GF, me again being on my healer. We hadn't had a single problem for the whole OP apart from 1/2 the raid forgetting about the last money boss (so they had to pull the boss and then /stuck to get back) and the last group of infected mobs before Styrak. They must have forgotten everything they knew about movement an I had 5496 EHPS AND one DPS still died. I have absolutely no idea how you can eat so much damage on mobs in an 8m SM. (I've already had a similar number in 16m SM TFB when everyone was camping in the Annihilator's purple AoEs when having only 3 heals).

Tanked HM Mandalorian Raiders last night as my Shadow. Had a Vigilance Guardian, an Assault Specialist Vanguard, and a Commando healer. The Troopers were from the same guild. We got through without much trouble, but the DPS had a tendency to facepull here and there, which certainly did keep me on my toes. The Vanguard wasn't that bad (though he did pull the second boss, presumably because I was taking a little while to line up the pull), but the Guardian several times ran ahead and pulled mobs while the rest of us were still at the bottom of an elevator or similar. He was well-geared enough to survive until we got there, but it was still aggravating, and he got the healer killed once by facepulling the turrets just before the second boss.

After a couple pulls like that I ask that everyone please let me go in first, because even though we're doing all right, there's no need to get sloppy and make things harder than they need to be. The Guardian tells me to relax because it's just trash. As if some trash isn't harder than the actual bosses, e.g. the third pack in Hammer Station, those five droids before the first boss in Athiss, or just about ANYTHING in Red Reaper!

The healer speaks up and tells him it's NOT okay; he's not the tank or the healer, so he doesn't know how easy it is or isn't. He then threatens to withhold heals, which he actually does on the final boss. (I think that was a bit harsh, but the healer was probably still cheesed about the Guardian getting him killed on the aforementioned turrets. Either way, the Guardian stopped pulling ahead after we called him out on it.) Eh, the Guardian avoids the floorcandy, pops some CDs, and survives with about 20% health. No hard feelings, I guess, and we take our loot and didi mao.

Notable, I guess, because a healer actually stuck up for a tank on the issue of facepulls.

The gunslinger sends me a whisper to warn me that anybody who questions this shadow is kicked (in fact the other sent was a replacement of a mando). So....we have a poorly played shadow who thinks himself above criticism and anyone who thinks different should be kicked...

[snip]

the shadow throws another kick, it doesn't go through.

[snip]

The shadow throws a kick on the sent, it doesn't go through. After a while of explaining the out-of-combat heals the shadow throws another kick on the sent, doesn't go through.

[snip]

The sent only now states they are new, at which point the shadow throws a vote kick on them, it doesn't go through. I ask what that was about and the slinger points out the first person who was kicked was kicked for being new...Im now starting to really dislike this shadow. I ask about the person I replaced, apparently it was a dps sage who was kicked for not healing during the elite defender fight in the first room. I point out my opinion on that, why kick a sage dps for not healing and don't kick the shadow dps for not tanking, its the same principle. I get a vote kick from the shadow for saying that but it doesn't go through.

[snip]

The shadow puts vote kick on me probably because I didn't make much effort to mince my words when expressing my opinion of people like him.

You have a votekick too. You should have, at the start, whispered the Slinger "hey, this guy is an idiot who is abusing votekick mechanics to avoid hearing any criticism. I'll throw a kick, you vote to kick him too, and we can be rid of this moron and hopefully get a decent player."

Edited by venomlash

That's exactly why I NEVER do a female character in ANY online game.

That's sad.

More than 50% of my characters are female and I've never had any issues like this. It's sad cuz people let a slim-to-none chance that something could possibly maybe happen that they deprive themselves of being able to enjoy a game the way they want, be it from character gender to avoiding certain gear or whatever.

But it's not just this. The way people come in here claiming the sky is falling just cuz something happened once or twice they didn't like by making it seem like it happens 24/7 is ridiculous and misleads a lot of people who now might avoid something they might enjoy due to skewed misinformation rather than just try and experience things for themselves.

Go see a movie and decide for yourself if you liked it or not. Try the food. Read the book. Play the game. Make your own decisions.

Edited by PetFish

I guess I would technically be the "weird" person in this story but it was still cool.

Cademimu 55 HM

A 29k Mando heals, 34k dps sage and 32k dps sent all from the same guild.

I was on my Guardian with the role of "Tank". Now I have a full dread forged min/max DPS set (39k) and separate min/max Tank set (41.5k). I was however focus spec with DPS gear from doing dailies. As an extra note, I run HMs all the time with a healer from my guild. She usually just has me "Tank" the run as Focus or Vigi in dps gear as at this point those FPs are trivial compared to NIM content.

Now I don't know any of these other people, but I was feeling lazy and didn't care to switch my gear or spec. Plus I was looking for a bit of a challenge. I was kind of waiting for some one to say something like "hey... your not in the proper stance... or hey you are wearing dps gear... or hey where's my guard". But nothing...

Since I was Focus things died very quick. Since I out-geared them, all aggro was on me after sweep (if it wasnt dead). With some clever CD usage the healer, despite being only 29k, was able to keep me up. The only wipe we had was on the Officer and Robot boss. One of the DPS got stuck in the trap meant for the robot and well... the boss died before the next trap (enraged bot = bad). I did also die on the first elevator, but that's because the sage pulled me... on purpose.

We even did the bonus boss for the dec (which I lost the roll, but won the EEE). And to be ultimately lazy, I never moved out of Garold's AOE move. I had about 30% HP when finished, but all survived. The last boss was cake as well. He only did 2 rocket phases and we never had to move. After the loot rolls, I typed out "Wait... I was suppose to be the tank. I have been Focus spec this whole time." I knew I was focus the whole time, but I thought it was a clever line. I got 2 "LOLs", and the last guys said, "Focus = awesome aoe threat". Fun FP to say the least.

Edited by Immortal-nite

Unless you are a Marauder and you have group members to inspire with your heroics. Someone has to show the riffraff how the real fighting is done. The Marauder just overestimated the Assassin's (who has but a single lightsaber)

ability to deal with the turrets while he was busy creating a new song for bards to sing for ages to come.

"For bards to sing"

this made my life

Just got another one on my guardian. I seriously came straight here when I left, it was that bad. Popped for Cademimu SM. Oddly enough, I queued up as a tank and got in as DPS. Not complaining, less responsibility for me :p Our group consists of myself, a guardian tank, sage healer, and mando dps.

We all zone in, say our pleasantries and off we go. First thing I do is pop an XP bonus from random questing. I notice the tank is just not pulling at all. We seriously stand before the first pull for two and half freaking minutes before I say frock it, and pull. Everyone joins in after, tank taunts what she can but isn't pulling enough aggro, so I almost instantly rip it off again. Almost immediately after the first pull, the mando leaves. The tank says someone needs to get a replacement. I say I don't have lead, the healer does. She replies, "You're the lowest one here, what do you know?" I manage to shove my foot in my mouth to avoid a rage. Out of curiosity, I inspect the achievements of everyone. The tank has completed the following FPS: Esseles, Athiss(only first 2 bosses), Mandalorian Raiders(only first boss), and a few KDY stuff(I've never done KDY in my life, so I don't know). The healer has completed: Directive 7(only first 2 bosses), False Emperor(Only 1st boss, only on HM), and Battle of Illum.

Well, after a good couple of minutes, the healer puts in queue and we get a sentinel. I inspect her real quick. Gear is all over the place. I'm talking every stat spread out through every piece of gear. Achievement wise, only Esseles completed with first boss of Hammer Station.

We get to the droid patrolling the elevator, I manage to force push it down and it dies. Tank rages hardcore saying I need to learn what I'm doing. To which I reply "Says the one who has only completed 1 flashpoint" She shuts up and we move on. Before even moving on the elevator, she said she had wait for her Saber Ward to come off CD. I told her it doesn't matter and she can use it mid-pull if she feels the need when it comes off. She refuses to move until it comes off CD. Whatever. Instead of following my lead to skip the packs after the elevator, the tank pulls one half, while the sentinel pulls the other half. Aggro is all over the place, healer can't keep up and we all die. On the topic of this healer, I don't know that she used bubble once. And I think the only heal she used was Benevolence, with the occasional Rejuvenate(not even on CD)

After that, each pull is the same. She refuses to move until Saber Ward comes off or only has like 5 seconds left. The sentinel slices the security gate and we start the pull that is after that. I wait a few moments before I use sweep to try and avoid stealing aggro on everything. Well, it doesn't work. Literally, all but 2 things are attacking me. Which is now 3 strongs, 2 standards, and the champion droid. I die in a matter of seconds, healer dies not long after and we wipe. I seriously jumped ship immediately.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the timer of my XP bonus I popped at the beginning to see how long it had been. 25 freaking minutes and we didn't even make the first boss. I was simply dumbfounded. I mean, I'm fine with a longer FP if it's with new people who want to learn or people coming back and are a bit rusty(I know I was when I came back). I'm helping people learn the game and their class, and usually make some good friends. But, that was just ridiculous.

Oh I wish there was a boost we could buy to bump our characters straight to 55... Hitting the pre-55's to level my Powertech Tank and some quick classics just from today:

Red Reaper, 'healer' Sorc who doesn't use Static Barrier at all, even after I ask by going the polite "oh has Static Barrier been bumped off your bars?" The two DPS are new and the Sorc attempts to give boss fight explanations... but they're all wrong. My corrections leave the Sorc calling me an idiot, but it gets better.

As I have a 55 healer Sorc (and I checked the Sorc's achievements and it was his first toon) I start offering tips so he stops running low on force and get "I healed you from 20hp to full in one spell" then in the large pull after, where my poor Tank went down, got "oh that only happened as I was healing the wrong guy". I point out there is a thing called combat logs (not that I have it open or even look at it) and suddenly, sweet silence from the Sorc for the rest of the FP.

After that pain I figure a quick KDY will be far less painful. If only... my same Tank and three DPS, one of them being one of those glory Marauders. No healing between pulls, so he dies a fair bit, and after one of the DPS solves the assembly puzzle complain that it "took far longer than the other way". He complained again at the end of the next phase, the hanger one, leaving the rest of us wondering what he was on about. At the final boss, the droid, he focuses the boss, ignores adds, and then when the boss goes into his self destruct phase leaps back in and dies. Then, and this was the kicker, starts yelling at the group for terrible healing and how he could have done better in his sleep. Since I was on my Tank, and the other two members were DPS, we all said "... what healer?" "We didn't have a healer." "I'm a Tank... and the rest are DPS." Us three thank one another and leave the Marauder be.

Then, and this was the kicker, starts yelling at the group for terrible healing and how he could have done better in his sleep. Since I was on my Tank, and the other two members were DPS, we all said "... what healer?" "We didn't have a healer." "I'm a Tank... and the rest are DPS." Us three thank one another and leave the Marauder be.

That's even funnier when 3 can't even spec to healing. For example, sentinel complains, rest of you are 2 shadows and 1 gunslinger. "But... shadows are consulars = healers".

Would need some serious hacking to be able to heal. :D

Edited by Halinalle

Oh I wish there was a boost we could buy to bump our characters straight to 55...

I'd rather people have some kind of clue as to what they're doing when they hit 55. The last thing we need is lowbie problems in endgame content, even though it's already become a problem.