Can I trade a legacy unlock to a f2p or gift them subscribed/preferred?

jeffnawa

My friend recently got back into swtor, she and I are both relatively broke all the time but she's worse off than I am. I wanted to surprise her by gifting her the twi'lek unlock (her favorite race) for her birthday but after claiming it to my inventory I saw that I may now be able to gift it to her since she is f2p and was never p2p.

Is there a way to trade the unlock despite that? Or can I give her short-term sub/pref status with cartel coins or something? I'll only be able to spend money again at the end of the month (My paycheck is monthly) and I'd much prefer gifting it to her on her birthday.

Thanks to anyone willing to answer!

My friend recently got back into swtor, she and I are both relatively broke all the time but she's worse off than I am. I wanted to surprise her by gifting her the twi'lek unlock (her favorite race) for her birthday but after claiming it to my inventory I saw that I may now be able to gift it to her since she is f2p and was never p2p.

Is there a way to trade the unlock despite that? Or can I give her short-term sub/pref status with cartel coins or something? I'll only be able to spend money again at the end of the month (My paycheck is monthly) and I'd much prefer gifting it to her on her birthday.

Thanks to anyone willing to answer!

I'm not familiar with the wording of the species unlocks so I'm not sure what it says that makes you think you can't gift it to her. As for subscription and/or cartel coins, you can purchase codes for those from Amazon (and possibly other sources, though information about time cards and whatnot keeps changing so I'm no longer sure who sells what). You'd need to give her to code to redeem on her account and then she'd wind up with the subscription or the coins (or both, depending on what sort of deal you find). Unfortunately, I haven't shopped for those things recently so I can't link you to any, but I can tell you they exist, so you should be able to find something. Hopefully someone with additional information will see this and add to it.

It's the fact that she was never a subscriber. From google it seems like f2p accounts can't trade with other players

That's true, but you can mail them things like server slots, which they can use to play a class that can use twilek for example to 50 to be able to play them for any class

It's the fact that she was never a subscriber. From google it seems like f2p accounts can't trade with other players

In addition to character slots (as mentioned by the other poster), you can *mail* the item to your girlfriend's existing character.

You can also gift her subscriber status by buying a time card - either a physical one that you give to her and she uses, or an electronic one that you buy on Amazon or similar (you can't buy her time on the SWTOR site unless you add your card to her account). If you go the eletronic route, you buy it and then give her the code you get so that *she* can use it.

Preferred will come automatically once the time card expires (60 days, normally).