Issues with logging in

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

A patch of the game was made available when it was not ready to be deployed. This has caused players who use the game launcher to not be able to log into the game. Steam and Bitraider players are not affected by this issue. This will only impact users who tried to log-in in the last few hours.

We have issued a fix that will now automatically deploy the correct version of the game. For anyone who was in the "unable to login" state, logging into the launcher will automatically begin a redownload of the game.

If you continue to have issues, please report it here.

We wholeheartedly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek::eek::eek: The whole game? or a patch to fix the issue?

The whole game. My launcher is downloading 11 GB of Main Assets 1.

EDIT: at not even 8 MB per second(1). The *download* is going to take in excess of 20 minutes.

(1) For F's sake, I have gigabit fibre. 8MB per second is pathetic.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

So, you release a broken / unwanted patch and now we are forced to redownload the whole game? Maybe just close off the patch? Why redownload the whole game from scratch for a screw up/mistake when you can block off the patch? Edited by memerobot

The whole game. My launcher is downloading 11 GB of Main Assets 1.

EDIT: at not even 8 MB per second(1). The *download* is going to take in excess of 20 minutes.

(1) For F's sake, I have gigabit fibre. 8MB per second is pathetic.

Wowee. Tell me this wasn't a massive troll moves on the part of the devs.

What's worse is that while it's downloading on the non-Steam launcher, the Steam launcher (which works) won't launch... Bed time.

Holy carp !!!! What about people on bad connections. If you didn't play earlier, and didn't d/l the new patch, I'm assuming you're ok?

so you losers expect us to pay for data to redownload the game this is your mistake and you guys should be the ones paying either give people 30 days of free game time or 2400 CC not sure what's worse the Indian offshore support that can't understand English very well or the dev team being incompetent that can't even create decent content.

I am personally enjoying the content, so how about we keep the vehemence directed at the support/deployment departments, where it belongs? :D

How about some sort of compensation for this? I know this is an older game, but the standard nowadays is to compensate players for their time when things like this happen out of our control.

I'm down. Maybe each player affected by this gets one Flashpoint/Operations/PvP weekly automatically finished on a character, or a lump sum of tech frags equivalent to what could realistically be farmed in the time spent waiting for this monstrosity?

It is essentially the whole game.

Do you guys seriously consider this to be an acceptable outcome to an extremely poor lapse in making this unfinished patch downloadable? Forcing a vast number of people to now have to download in excess of 50gb of data?

Which will take a lot of people on slower internet speeds hours to now download.

Are we to just accept an apology and everything’s okay? Is that the extent of the customer service here?

What sort of compensation will be offered?