Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Kaedian
12.13.2011 , 10:46 AM | #2721
Perhaps the staggered approach will reduce the chance of the WoW "loot lag" issue on release day (week ... month).

This $5 everyone is moaning about is simply a deposit to lock you in for early release from the original $59.99 the game will cost.

The idea you're paying anything for nothing is incorrect.

If you're butthurt that people will be able to find the game for less on/after launch, then that's personal issue I guess.

FWIW I'm a Dec pre-order, no access yet, and not worried about it, at all.

Relax, you've waited years, a few more hours is not the end of the world. The irony is that there will be people capped out at release or soon after that will then clutter the boards complaining about a lack of content at cap.

Startesterme
12.13.2011 , 10:46 AM | #2722
Relax people I am sure they will be inviting wave after wave non stop until everyone is in. They are a big company, not a small joke company that would do a staggered launch and then stop inviting for the day, that would just be stupid.

Just a bad joke or miscommunication, I am sure they prepared and will be inviting non stop till everyone is in.

vilsevalle
12.13.2011 , 10:46 AM | #2723
I redeem my code on the 25th of july waiting happily for release! my friend redeems it on the 11th of December and he gets in the first day and I'm not in *** IS THAT!?

Yotan
12.13.2011 , 10:46 AM | #2724
So how come somebody who put in their code in july (like me) isnt in yet,
However somebody who put in his code in november is in the game already ???

Garrag
12.13.2011 , 10:46 AM | #2725
What everyone seems to forget is that the early access is so that the DEVs can stress test the servers for the actual release, they are trying to get everything in order for everyone as quickly as the equipment and programing will allow. Don't get me wrong, I am fidgeting in my seat like i did when i was a child 30 years ago on christmas eve but you need to realize that they have to limit the waves of access to control the info on which they are following the inhouse testing. Bottom line you can't make everyone happy all of the time and we need to have respect and trust that they are doing what they can as fast as they can to get everyone into the game and not damage the equipment if that happens then no one can play.
Be patient, be respectful to the staff, and remember that no matter what we all can play after they are sure that the game is stable enough to let everyone in. That said, I can't wait to get in either

Tectron
12.13.2011 , 10:46 AM | #2726
I preordered the 7/28/11 can someone tell me if thats in wave 4?
Peace is a Lie, There is only Passion, Through Passion I gain Strength, Through Strength I gain Power, Through Power I gain Victory, Through Victory my Chains are Broken, The Force Shall Set Me Free -

Mgla
12.13.2011 , 10:46 AM | #2727
Guess what! They'll actually send out more invitations today, they just want to stress test the forums! Hah!

Elyons
12.13.2011 , 10:47 AM | #2728
How exactly are we going to find a server update if this thread is growing at two pages per minute?
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

Leovinus
12.13.2011 , 10:47 AM | #2729
Quote: Originally Posted by xaviyago View Post
I can say this at least: starry-eyed anticipation to jump into SW:TOR has been lost by sitting on the sidelines watching others play.
So stop watching? Just wait for the email and go about your day otherwise. Seems like a simple enough solution to me anyway.

Falloutgear
12.13.2011 , 10:47 AM | #2730
ACTIVATE 30 minutes of DubStep SlamStep to burn while waiting around. Just because I registered like 4 month after pre-ordering and I'm pissed! lol I had no idea about this early access wave thing. I feel left out

http://soundcloud.com/dj-k1/the-other-white-meat