Thoughts about 7.0 at the close of this round of PTS

tsteenburg

I've posted in few different forums different feedback, but I figured I'd post one last set all together.

On the whole, the adjustment to classes isn't too bad. The positive gains outweigh most of the losses. Some require tweaks to playing style but if you make the change, you are able to do far more damage.

Gearing and Upgrades and New Currency are a mixed bag. The caps are too low for medals of commendation. Particularly combined with the high cost of upgrades in other currencies. Having the base set of conquest gear cost the 200 is fine. If you want to keep prices as they are, I would suggest a conquest upgrade crate that works like the ones for the pvp/fp/operation weeklies that you can buy for 200 medals of commendation and 1 mil (or whatever credit you choose). That would give people an option to avoid a weekly heroic/area grind but trade in being only able to upgrade 1 piece of gear per conquest instead of the 6-7 if they really push the grind.

Given a lack of visual difference, it might make sense to combine all 7.0 gear into the crafting names of Onslaught, Asylum, and Mender. It would suit the style switching better. And possibly solve one of the issues that interferes with the switching.

As to leveling, the bunched acquisition of abilities works well enough for an experienced player who knows what to do. It could confuse a new player. The single ability gain of the current system is better for a learner. In addition, getting abilities in bunches is far less satisfying than getting something every third level or so.

Finally, this is just a suggestion, but if you want a credit sink to help, create a vendor that sells conquest requisitions. Make it function as a mission like the old masterworks crystal vendor on Ossus so you can cap it to one per character per week to avoid guild buying a victory. Should be at least 5 mil since flagship encryptions are going for above 2 mil right now. You could ease the frustration at the conquest jump and suck credits out of the game at the same time.