Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Fylimar
07.18.2021 , 03:12 AM | #10181
I had two very different expierneces last night. First I queued with my guardian (dd) and Battle of RIshi popped up. There was a sage , another guardian (dd too) and a dd shadow. The shadow didn't know the fp and the other guardian just quit. We found replacement (another dd shadow) and I did the tanking as good as I could as a dd and we explained everything to the new player. They were really quick to learn and even managed - together with the other shadow - to reach the clickies without fight. We explained the last boss and tehre was no trouble. It was a fun fp and we were very chatty - really nice experience.

Then I switched to my agent and HS popped out. Ther was a level 75 tank (jugger), a marauder (around level 30 I think) and a sniper ( around level 60). The jugger and the sniper just ran around aggroeing everything and the marauder died. I didn't even had time to pick them up when the otehr idiots ran into the next fight. That was when I called it a day and just left the group. I don't have time for toxic people tbh.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

eabevella
07.20.2021 , 07:42 AM | #10182
Speaks of toxic people...

Got HS. Some troll charged out, aggroed everything before we even finished loading.
One person who's closest to the troll got kill instantly, me and the other /stuck and stealth out.

Troll kept aggro without dying somehow (I don't know how, he's not even losing health. Must had been standing on somewhere where the trash can't touch him or using some hack? But I don't think there's such a place at the first corner of HS? I don't know because I stuck myself and can't see the exact spot the troll was standing), keep cursing the game and the players and saying things like he hope he got banned for this.

We cant do anything at all because the troll was keeping the aggro on purpose.
So I said "don't feed the troll, I can wait" and we all did nothing and said nothing except whispering each other that we should kick the troll and legacy ignore him later.

Troll finally let himself die because he got no reaction, got kicked and ignored and reported (by another person who said he got death threat).

Summon my lv50 Theron, everything went great.

Some people are simply pathetic.

HypSpec
07.30.2021 , 12:25 PM | #10183
Weird people? I think this one ‘takes the cake’…

A while back I got into a fun chat conversation with a couple players on fleet and it was suggested we join up for some vet FP runs. While one of the players was messing with their gear first, the other started commenting on my toon’s looks - yes, I am one of a zillion guys who play female toons. At first it was innocuous enough and I responded with a “ty”, but it started getting more weird.

He says he likes my outfit, but she could look a lot cooler in something different, and what soon became to mean something more skimpy. I respond by politely noting no, it’s not this toon’s style.

He ignores this and sends a link to one of the dancer outfits to preview and asks if I have this, and if not, I can buy from the security key vendor. I say “no thanks” while thinking I should quit group. He comes back over the top and says it would be cool to get that and put on for the run.

I reply “umm, no”, quit group, and ignore perv legacy.

Fylimar
07.31.2021 , 01:24 PM | #10184
Quote: Originally Posted by HypSpec View Post
Weird people? I think this one ‘takes the cake’…

A while back I got into a fun chat conversation with a couple players on fleet and it was suggested we join up for some vet FP runs. While one of the players was messing with their gear first, the other started commenting on my toon’s looks - yes, I am one of a zillion guys who play female toons. At first it was innocuous enough and I responded with a “ty”, but it started getting more weird.

He says he likes my outfit, but she could look a lot cooler in something different, and what soon became to mean something more skimpy. I respond by politely noting no, it’s not this toon’s style.

He ignores this and sends a link to one of the dancer outfits to preview and asks if I have this, and if not, I can buy from the security key vendor. I say “no thanks” while thinking I should quit group. He comes back over the top and says it would be cool to get that and put on for the run.

I reply “umm, no”, quit group, and ignore perv legacy.
I'm actually a girl and if a guy would have suggested that, I would have put him on ignore too - thank the force for legacy ignore.

I had quite a few flashpoints, most were pretty normaly, some good, but run was strange.
It was a Hammer Station and two player did quit right in the first big group. Nothing negative were happening, they aggroed the group and instead of fighting, they did quit. I was group leader, found two replacements (after the other character and I died of course, because those two clowns had to quit mid fight instead of after or before), before they could load in, the last of the original player did quit - they probably hadn't seen, that replacement was on the way. I found a third player and off we did go. It went pretty normal after that.
I really don't know, why those people did quit.
The Lovecraft Legacy

Fylimar
08.05.2021 , 12:11 PM | #10185
A Hammer Station again. There were a Powertech (level 21), two Marauder (39 and 75) and my agent (level 75).

The level 75 marauder had some minor god complex and tried ordering everyone around. Then he wanted to skip two small mob groups (after the big one with the two bog droids) by running through and I just made an offhand comment about how it is quicker to kill them than to wait until tehy reset. He didn't like that at all.
For the rest of the fp he acted like a jerk. Whenever I wanted to stun an enemy, so that the group could ran by, he would jump in.
He would skip a group with his concealment ability and jump into the next one, leaving me with the two smaller level player to deal with the rest. On one occasion, he would bypass the big droid behind the last bridge and jump into the group behind. We other three killed the bigdroid, I kept our baby powertech alive with the few heals I have and our ******e marauder just died. It was so satisfiying. He died on a minor mob group (the two astromechs and the silver mob), that normally is no problem at all.
We left him hanging there for a bit until picking him up.
He left the group very quickly and quietly after the fp and I have a new player on my ignore list. If someone feels the need to go against the group, just bacause he thinks, that his fragile ego is bruised, I don't need to play with that person.
The Lovecraft Legacy

GweedoBane
08.10.2021 , 02:35 PM | #10186
My recent experience.....

Loaded into vet Hammer with 2 level 75 tanks and a level 65 (I'm a 75 sniper eng spec). I'm like cool I can go all out on the mobs when we engage.....nope. Both tanks weren't guarding weren't taunting (so of course I had the mobs/boss all over me with agro) and when I asked nicely in chat um can you guys at least guard or get the agro? Response was hey it's only Hammer chill you will be fine.

So I'm thinking ok I'll go one more boss (the Rifler gang) and again I've got the boss all over me which is ok I can manage. We get to the 2 turrets (re bridge crossing) and lo and behold I get agro from both turrets which is normally the case but neither tanks peel either off of me and at that point I just quit group. I was like yeah it's Hammer which everyone has done umpteenth times but can you like just still do your job tanks?

RainEbon
08.14.2021 , 03:32 PM | #10187
Hello again everyone! o/

I haven't been playing FPs as much recently, mostly been messing around in WZ and ranked but what little I have played ended up irritating me (which is kind of weird for me since I don't let anything bother me in a online game but hey lol) for some reason that I've decided to leave the FPs as soon as it happens.

And what do I speak of...

Hammer Station ofc! More specific, the run to the first boss strat.

For some reason this happens a lot in Vet, whereas in Master it doesn't or It has been a while since it has happened (mostly because for some reason people in Vet FPs have an aversion towards communicating)

People have this need to start running mid fight...and only after they have arrived to their destination or once the team has died do they write 'run' in chat.

It has happened so many times since I've moved from SS to DM that it stopped being funny.

Just one HS run that I had, the dude mid corner pull started running towards the first boss leaving us to deal with all the trash that he pulled. (ofc the trash focused us after he reached the boss)

And only after the lowby/newbie and the lvl75 died did he write 'run' in chat prompting me to leave the FP because I just didn't feel like dealing with it.

By the way, we didn't even realize he had done that. Only after half of the map started attacking us in the first room did we realize what had happened.

So, yeah. If that happens I'm leaving the FP.

mothbanquet
08.25.2021 , 04:03 AM | #10188
Got vote kicked for not LOSing a single patrolling silver mob the other day on vet Raiders. It was actually a relief.

Hrafnhildur
09.01.2021 , 01:44 AM | #10189
Quote: Originally Posted by mothbanquet View Post
Got vote kicked for not LOSing a single patrolling silver mob the other day on vet Raiders. It was actually a relief.
I'm the champion of getting kicked out of FP!

- Athiss, for not being able to jump on the wall to avoid the mobs before beast of Vodal Kressh
- Hammer Station, for dying on the bridge, killed by turrets ( there were two commandos and a sage in group, they could throw a combat ress..)
- Boarding Party, for asking to kill Major Alvena ( i needed the achievement and said it)
- Kuat Drive, for asking the others to let me free the prisoners, again i wanted the achievement
- Dread Palace ( i know this one is an OP, not a FP) for refusing to join Discord for Story Mode - i told them i know the tactics
Siegwalde Ykir

HypSpec
09.06.2021 , 10:23 AM | #10190
Ok, not so weird as nutty as hell...

Vet GF KDY with me maxed Tele and 31, 28, and 18 - don't remember the classes. Firstly, I like to run with newer players and teaching them the ropes - this one tested that a bit.

As I expect, a lot of extra pulls on trash or pulling trash when on an Elite, lvl 18 dies a few times leroying and I suggest waiting for rez, but doesn't listen. Bad pushes a few times but last one is when on second deck freeing prisoners...an ok move with a stout group, but we actually did fairly well against the 12-15 mobs we pulled, only one of us dies. I ask (very politely) if I can lead and let me engage first...no response, in fact no one said anything in chat the whole time...

The boss encounter is crazy unreal. It's the Sith Lord and I tell everyone to fight between the koltos and keep moving off circles. Lvl 18 dies in like 5 seconds and I rez him, but dies again about 15 seconds after that. As I am waiting for the cooldown one of the others dies - I am hitting koltos after each rez - in fact I am the only one hitting them. I am running the boss back and forth ok and stop to rez the other and leave lvl 18 for now. I lost count, but combat rezzed at least 6 times, and each person twice, as I eventually got lvl 18 back after the others were able to stay alive through cooldown.

But eventually I can't keep up and I am alone, so no more rezzes and I scrap with the boss solo for the last 28% of his health. One stays for rez, and as you have already anticipated, the other two go area start...

Not a word on chat even now - no ty or anything. Bizarro, but it means at least one or a combo of the following were true:

1. No one has chat up
2. No one speaks English so not replying
3. Has chat up and just enjoying the chaos, and maybe adding to it here and there

Not the way I like the first FP of the day to go. So nuts, and had to take a break for a bit lol.