Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Fylimar
12.10.2020 , 08:33 AM | #10051
I had an instant quitter in Objective Meridian. Luckily anotehr player came in soon after and we did the fp with nearly no problem. Same with Blood Hunt. Some instant quitter, anotehr one came in and we had no problems at all.
I don't know, why people list for a fps, if they don't want to do them. For those not really great rewards? I have some flashoints, I really don't like, simply because I find them endlessly boring, like Boarding Party or Maelstrom prison (btw: that is not Revan!) . But if I forget to click them away and then getting them, I'm doing them.
That was the reason, I did Objective Meridian in the first place. I didn't do the storyline yet and didn't want to get spoiled, so I normally had that fp ticked off. But I forgot it on one character and then it popped up and well, I didn't get as much spoilered as I thought and the fp was fun to play.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

Fylimar
12.10.2020 , 10:45 AM | #10052
Just had an interesting Maanaan fp. Three people, that never did the fp before. I explained the first boss, they did exactly the opposite and one, a sniper, didn't even know, that they have to take care of their health themselves and cried for heals. They died, then the next one, a level 75 marauder, died and we wiped. To be fair, the third party member, a level 6something Mercenary confused the others with wrong tactics. When I explained the boss a second time, it worked. Then the mercenary left and a level 75 sorcerer healer joined the group. He didn't know the fp either. I explained the next bosses too and it went really well. We finished the fp without any incident. And I was a bit frustrated in the beginning, because the marauder and the sniper acted like little children (and one of them even said 'Let's yolo this fp'). But after the first wipe, they were doing ok. They might be hero worshipping the healer now (I don't think, they ever had a healer in the group from their reaction), but that's great for the healer, who really did a good job.
The Lovecraft Legacy

My Referral Link(free goodies): http://www.swtor.com/r/lhM5X3

RyanWConway
12.15.2020 , 09:08 AM | #10053
This is one encounter I have that left me scratching my head.

I queue up for Veteran FP with my operative healer (level 75) and get grouped with a level 75 operative healer, a level 23 powertech (DPS) and a level 17 juggernaut (DPS) for the Kuat FP. I'm a returning player and I have gotten back into the swing of things, adjusting here and there. The powertech keeps jet boosting ahead of us and assuming tank role, which is fine but, never waits for us and and keeps getting close calls of wipe outs. The other healer suggests that I heal the one DPS while they heal the other. The other healer hardly spares heals, not a problem for me because, well, I'm a healer.

We get to the part of freeing the prisoners and the powertech keeps splitting up from the group. This doesn't help and the AOE heal buff ain't much if everyone is spread like butter.

We get to the docking area, again, powertech keeps splitting off, pulling aggro, and the other healer ain't doing much. Also, the DPS output was not there so these fights took a while and the beatings kept coming.

Finally, we get to the last boss with the droid and the probes pop up to heal it. The juggernaut is unfamiliar with the mechanics, doesn't have much abilities since level 17. Powertech is all right for this fight and I'm healing away. Healer keeps telling me not to heal during parts of the fight. Umm, what? I'll admit, I'm a bit unfamilar with that fight, I just know to take out those healing probes when they pop up if I'm playing my DPS toon. Trying to heal and shoot these things down was something else. We keep wiping and eventually powertech and healer dip out. Luckily, a 53 powertech came in and the three of us, juggernaut (good sport after a brief rundown), powertech (53) and myself, take down this boss.

Most work I've ever done with my healer and I felt pretty good that we pulled it off with the three of us. I was kinda shook that the other two players were... not quite cooperative. That's my story.

eabevella
12.15.2020 , 10:08 PM | #10054
I have a nightmare KDY story to share.
I started a new legacy, so I queued my new lv18 Jugg tank to gain some fast exp.
GF listed a lv75 op heal, a lv25 dps and another lv28 jugg tank.

I thought: it's just KDY, and as long as the heal can do a half decent job, it would be a piece of cake.

Wrong. I should've known it would be a disaster when the heal and the jugg were in the same guild (and the dps was in another guild but with only one different letter that changed the O to so I suspected they were all in the same basket).

The heal did nothing. He's not even dps-ing because he kept using the basic gun attack as an operative. With 2 low level tanks and a low level dop, KDY became a painful drag, not to mention that they seemed to have no idea where to go.

We got the Jedi boss. Which should be the easiest one considering how bad the group was.
But nope. The dps died after 1 min because of the blue circle.
The heal did nothing and ran like headless chicken with the tank.

I tried to tank the boss, the other tank kept taunting the boss away from me and ran away like mad instead of, you know, keep close and make the fight easier. One of them, forgot who, ran around me when I was stepping away from the circle while the boss was on me, and I ended up surrounded by extra circles with no way to run and died (used up my break stunt dcd because the fight was so tiring I spaced out a bit and slipped once).

Second try, the other tank dragged the boss out of the area and we reset.

Me: don't kite the boss out of the area.
The other tank: I know, dude.

You know ****.

The other tank: This is my last attempt.

Like he and his mates are the ones who's suffering from the sheer incompetence?
Oh, and the heal still did nothing during the whole damn time.

I wanted to kick the heal and use my lv10 comp and I would have finished the fight 20min ago because who needs a trash group in KDY when you have Vette? But I knew it was impossible because they're in the same guild, and I didn't want to be the one who's vote kicked because I was the only one who's not their guildy and I've already spent too much time in this **** hole to rage quit.

But maybe the Force was mercy on me, or maybe they finally get the mechanic of the boss fight, because no one ****ed up in the third try and the boss finally died after maybe 10 min (it felt longer) and I ****ed out the moment I got my piss poor loot.

Worst KDY ever.

demotivator
12.25.2020 , 04:37 AM | #10055
Quote: Originally Posted by Fylimar View Post
I don't know, why people list for a fps, if they don't want to do them.
I always have all FPs checked and will welcome any MM that comes up. But I will be an instant quitter if I find out that I have been grouped with a bunch of people in 270s.

I don't care what people say about MM that can be done in any rating and I don't mind one undergeared person in the group. But not the whole group.
Randomizing your forums.

Opiklo
12.25.2020 , 06:01 AM | #10056
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
I always have all FPs checked and will welcome any MM that comes up. But I will be an instant quitter if I find out that I have been grouped with a bunch of people in 270s.

I don't care what people say about MM that can be done in any rating and I don't mind one undergeared person in the group. But not the whole group.
how did you gear up? in mm fps? just like 99% of the players?

that kind of behaviour is very anti social
RiP Forum

LD_Little_Dragon
12.25.2020 , 11:14 AM | #10057
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
how did you gear up? in mm fps? just like 99% of the players?

that kind of behaviour is very anti social
No, what is anti-social is using group-finder and expecting other players to carry your inexperienced, undergeared butt through the harder MM flashpoints. Unfortunately players that have been carried usually don't realize it.

I don't know about the player you are quoting but I geared up in Vet fp (on 2 servers) and didn't even queue up for the easier MM until I had 280 plus gear AND a tactical. I don't queue for ALL MM flashpoints until I have 306 gear, set bonus, and a decent tactial. For dps specs I do a quick parse on the 3.5 mil target dummy. If I can't hit 15k dps (which is a pretty low, easy to get, parse nowadays) I don't queue for MM fp on that class. Most flashpoints can be done with one good dps, and one mediocre (or even bad) dps, but the harder ones just cannot be done with TWO mediocre/bad dps. There is only so much a good tank/heal can do without having proper dps.

Now, if you want to pre-form a group then by all means run with whatever level and gear you and you teammates want to.

HOWEVER if you are using group-finder for MM flashpoints then you should have at least 2 out of these 3 area's checked off:

1. Be geared (decent stat balance, tactical at the very least)
2. Know the fights
3. Know your class abilities and how/when to use them (including dcds, interrupts, and cc's)
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy life.

Opiklo
12.25.2020 , 11:41 AM | #10058
i would like to know which fps are demanding any kind of dps nowadays?
a properly geared vg tank deals the dps which is needed from a dps...
RiP Forum

LD_Little_Dragon
12.25.2020 , 12:36 PM | #10059
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
i would like to know which fps are demanding any kind of dps nowadays?
a properly geared vg tank deals the dps which is needed from a dps...
short list:
Korriban 2nd boss
Manaan 2nd boss (more mechanics, but dps/tank need to know how to avoid taking damage)
Tython 1st, 3rd boss (again mechanics and avoiding taking damage rather than actual dps check)
Blood Hunt
Lost Island
All Traitor Arc fp
Meridian

Do you even use group-finder as a heal or tank spec?

I like heals, I prefer playing heals, but lately have been queueing as dps even with the longer times to pop because that way I know at least one dps in the group will be good. As a dps I can compensate for weak heals or for a weak tank, but as a heals I can't do much about weak dps. I can only do decent off-dps when the tank/dps are good players. Poor tanks/dps tend to take more damage then normal, meaning more heals are needed leaving no energy for decent off-dps.

I am really tired of getting 5 or more bomb stages on that 2nd Korriban boss. I had one LI group that I babied through to the last boss only to have then go to six (6!) tanks before getting to the burning rakghoul stage. That's a stage that good dps can get to after only 2 tanks, or 3 at the most.

Having smug elitists, who probably don't even do full pug groups, constantly blathering on about how easy MM is, only ensures that even more crap dps will be in the queue. Meaning your chance of getting 2 bad dps popping in to the harder MM flashpoints is pretty high.

Thanks for that. Thank you very much.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy life.

Opiklo
12.25.2020 , 01:10 PM | #10060
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
short list:
Korriban 2nd boss
Manaan 2nd boss (more mechanics, but dps/tank need to know how to avoid taking damage)
Tython 1st, 3rd boss (again mechanics and avoiding taking damage rather than actual dps check)
Blood Hunt
Lost Island
All Traitor Arc fp
Meridian

Thanks for that. Thank you very much.
korriban- not really a dps check 6k per dps is sufficient
manaan - has only the 5 min timer on the last boss. everything else including bonus boss its no matter of dps
tython - has no enrage timers at all
blood hunt - you need 4.5 k dps per dps which is what the tank should do
lost island - only sav-rak has a real enrage which is at 4m 40s which is an eternity
all traitor arc - none of the bosses has any enrage
meridian - no enrages either

the point is that if you have autohit cowboys- then you have autohit cowboys.
gear doesnt matter at all. and what the guy says is that he will quit if their gear is too low, which is just stupid.
you can have super shiny 306 and only autoattack or you can have green ******** gear and press the right buttons and will still do more than 2 the damage of an autohit cowboy.
if you have shiny 306 set gear 1 dps will do enough for every flashpoint boss there is.
e.g. blood hunt first boss: back in the days on lvl 70 before the increased enrage timer and the 500th nerf of the adds you needed 16k raid dps. now a vg/pt can pull off 14k at this boss. and you have 1 min more time than when you needed the 16k. this means the 2nd dps, the tank and the heal-pet need to get on a combined whopping 2k of dps. if we calculate wth the old timer.
there are literally no dpschecks which are in any world gear dependent.
gf is a lottery. and gear means absolutely nothing.
and a good heal and tank can carry even the *******st dps nowadays.
RiP Forum