The “Best View In SWTOR” Contest

DanielSteed

Anyone having problems after taking screenshots for a while on 1 character, then going to a different planet/phase (on that same character) but then screenshots stop working/saving to your HD anymore? (PrntScrn button does nothing)

The only thread i found about it was this old thread: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=228780 , as well as this other thread from 2018: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=953226

It's very frustrating though, since 1 of the ss's i need to take is inside a phase , but everytime i logout /restart the game pops me OUT of that phase. Then upon re-entry of the phase, the ss's stop working/saving again.

I did have this issue traveling between planets, sometimes it would stop saving them, sometimes it wouldn’t. I couldn’t detect a pattern to when it stopped or why.

However, restarting the game fixed it for me, and it seemed to work fine until after I had already taken a screenshot, then moved areas. I didn’t have issues taking a screenshot if it was the first place I visited where I snapped one. Probably something the Devs should look into, but I think they are already aware of it.

An alternative option would be a 3rd party screen capturing program like Fraps. It doesn’t and any filters, it’s just used to record video or get screenshots.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I did submit 5, or 3 Republic and 2 Imperial Planets, yet didn't realize the focus was vista's--thought it was decorations we'd like to see.

Still they made some more interesting Vista's never-the-less. :)

Edited by Strathkin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any word on when the results of this contest will be announced?

I asked that same question here: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9981939#post9981939 ...but , as you might see in the reply after my post by Trixxie, apparently BIOWARE hasn't given any official word yet on the subject.

(my guess would be SWTOR *10th Anniversary* date tie-in Announcement, since that is what the initial purpose of the "contest" was iirc )

Edited by Nee-Elder
i really hope all my "critical" posts recently (about 7.0 and LiveStream promo code reward) don't disqualify me lol

I asked that same question here: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9981939#post9981939 ...but , as you might see in the reply after my post by Trixxie, apparently BIOWARE hasn't given any official word yet on the subject.

(my guess would be SWTOR *10th Anniversary* date tie-in Announcement, since that is what the initial purpose of the "contest" was iirc )

I don't envy the person who had to sort through all those screenshots and whittle them down to 3. I would have thought they would have announced it prior to launch of 7.0 so they had one less thing to deal with.

From the Contest Page:

Results Announcement

After the SWTOR team selects the winning submissions, we’ll publish an article announcing the winners before our upcoming ‘Legacy of the Sith’ expansion launches. In this announcement, we’ll reveal the winning screenshots, and credit each player (Character Name / Server) who submitted a winning screenshot.

So should be any day now if they hold to that.

Edited by Karameck

Congrats to all the winners. I particularly love those shots from Tython, Ossus, and Yavin, I'll definitely be incorporating those into my Strongholds somewhere I'm sure.

Also, props to some of these people for managing to get these shots without character models in view anywhere. The Tatooine shot stands out to me there 'cause that's a heroic area with plenty of enemies around, I imagine that took a group effort to get them all eliminated and take the shot before they respawned. Really cool shot.

Congratulations to the winners! Although I didn't win, I'm still happy to get some cool new decos for my strongholds. I only wish we could have gotten more than one for each planet, because I saw some really nice ones in the thread posted here as well.

Contest winners have been selected! Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s contest for sharing your favorite views of SWTOR. It was a lot of fun seeing all the different views submitted by thousands of players.

Jackie

I am happy for the 'winners' , and look forward to placing the deco versions, even though most of those selected pics (other than the Yavin IV Winner: Ohrora's ) seem more like ordinary press-photos how the Developers (or Disney) would take rather than what individually unique PLAYERS might capture themselves (aka 'Show Us YOUR Vistas' ) . I'm also extremely disappointed BIOWARE didn't choose one of my 1st choice submissions: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9983191#post9983191

. I only wish we could have gotten more than one for each planet, because I saw some really nice ones in the thread posted here as well.

Congrats to all the winners.

, props to some of these people for managing to get these shots without character models in view anywhere. .

Yep , totally my fault for not going with more basic standard type vanilla 'vistas' . Unfortunately, i tried to be too original with my camera perspectives & locations, thinking that it would help separate from the "thousands" of other more common entries. Big mistake on my part, but oh well. I'm also regretting not going with other pics people said they liked that i could've submitted but didn't....

My 2nd choices i didn't send: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9973986#post9973986

My 3rd choices i didn't send: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9973844#post9973844

Regardless, thanks again for the fun contest, BioWare. :ph_disagree: # bitter :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
yes i'm bitter & disappointed ... i feel like u guys/gals chose the BASIC pics, instead of more *original*

From the article:

Beginning with the 10-year Anniversary event later in December, each screenshot will be implemented into the game as framed decorations that can be purchased for your Strongholds

Will these be purchased via an in-game vendor, or only available on the Cartel Market?

Safe bet would be the anniversary vendor and will come with the cost of 1 credit each like previous years

That vendor is customarily only available for a limited time around the anniversary date, and the quoted language makes it seem like they will release them one by one over the course of the year. But maybe they will also leave the vendor up that entire time? Who knows, which is why I asked for clarification.

That vendor is customarily only available for a limited time around the anniversary date, and the quoted language makes it seem like they will release them one by one over the course of the year. But maybe they will also leave the vendor up that entire time? Who knows, which is why I asked for clarification.

Clarification would be good because my analysis of the information is that they would all be released during the 10th anniversary and therefore available for purchase on the anniversary vendor during the time the vendor is available.

• Dev Post
Clarification would be good because my analysis of the information is that they would all be released during the 10th anniversary and therefore available for purchase on the anniversary vendor during the time the vendor is available.

Your analysis is spot-on, that is our intention. The silver-framed decorations will be added to the 10th anniversary vendor and will be available for purchase while the anniversary event is active.

Your analysis is spot-on, that is our intention. The silver-framed decorations will be added to the 10th anniversary vendor and will be available for purchase while the anniversary event is active.

Excellent, thank you for the quick response!