Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Wounder if Bioware are working sundays or if they are just sitting on the forums at home thinking that sunday is their day off and laughing at their CUSTOMERS who are frustrated by long queues. Oh well, only 1054 people ahead of me in the q now. Just crossing my fingers I dont get one of those errors and have to start over again.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work Bioware

We r in flashpoint...2nd Boss fight start then i disconnet and i relog as fast i can (1-2min max)

and i am in queue 2075 pl

Nice u find a way to say " dont go to instant with this guy dced alot "

I this continue for few days i stop playing

How is this bioware's fault?

This is stupid idiots being stupid. This has nothing to do with bioware.

The only solution for this would be to kick people out after they've been playing X amount of time, but you KNOW people would be whining about that as well.

The reality is that the idiots are breaking the game, NOT bioware/EA. People that shouldn't be playing the game yet are taking slots meant for someone who SHOULD, just because they're too damn impatient to wait. People who should be logging out aren't because they want to break the system.

Reality check:

Bioware can't control either of those (well, they could, at least one of them by blocking IP ranges). These people need to be kicked to the curb and reported.

actually it's possible to detect if someone has just left the game on auto run, the whole auto run thing didn't work on Warhammer Online.

You know damn straight that wasn't a walk with the cat, the cat was walking you and is planning revenge for the cat harness.

Evil little fuzzballs.

Why are they so cute.

Haha, that is true. She's quite strong and determined as well regarding in where she wants to take me. Wish I could have her running freely, but living in the city centre that's not an option (I don't trust people and there's too many cars) so together we stalk the cemetary for birds and rabbits and occassionally meet homeless cats that seek refuge there.

Position in queue 918....estimated its about 1-2 hours which kinda cuts play time down alot :/

Is there anyway i can transfer to a lower populated server ? prefer a transfer as been in since day 1 and took me alot of hours lvling up :(,don't fancy deleting to change server but will have to if cant transfer.

I can't believe they just encouraged us to move servers if we encountered queues... What if we were PLACED on the server as a guild? So hypocritical right?

On another note I was queued for 2 hours and 50 minutes to get into Legions of Lettow, then I got error 1002 and I'm back at the end of the queue again.

If only the game client didn't take up 900MB and taxing video card/cpu while it is stuck in the queue, I could at least play something else.

When I started queuing I was 1970. The estimated time was 2h10m.

I have now spent 2h20m in queue, and I am 1092.. The stimate is still 2h10m.

So we are looking at a minimum of 4hours 20 minutes in queue.

Whoever designed this should have his paycheck cut.

Also; why doesn't your http://www.swtor.com/server-status page show the queues?

Edited by AlexanderB

If there is going to be more servers, will it be possible to move charactors from one server to another? Because ig you cant it wont help with the waiting problem, because ppl that started on on server will not go to another server to start all over. I know I will not.

Proton on Red Eclips

But the game is great all 3 years of waiting worth

To say i'm fed up with the SERVER QUES would be an understatement.

Sort this out quickly Bioware or YOU MAY LOSE US ALL.

Please answer us, DON'T do what SOE did in Galaxies and LEAVE US HANGING.

Players DON'T want to start fresh on new servers so please start opening more and ALLOW FREE TRANSFERS.

Alot of people ONLY HAVE 3-4 HOURS game time due to REAL LIFE COMMITMENTS.

So if ques are this long or longer then they will NEVER GET TO PLAY THE GAME.

THE GAME IS GREAT IF YOU CAN GET ON TO PLAY IT.

Tomorrow a new week of regular "REAL LIFE COMMITMENTS" (as op wrote) starts = unable to play the game due to queues!

Please fix this mess!

How is this bioware's fault?

This is stupid idiots being stupid. This has nothing to do with bioware.

The only solution for this would be to kick people out after they've been playing X amount of time, but you KNOW people would be whining about that as well.

The reality is that the idiots are breaking the game, NOT bioware/EA. People that shouldn't be playing the game yet are taking slots meant for someone who SHOULD, just because they're too damn impatient to wait. People who should be logging out aren't because they want to break the system.

Reality check:

Bioware can't control either of those (well, they could, at least one of them by blocking IP ranges). These people need to be kicked to the curb and reported.

What the hell are you talking about? You're talking total rubbish.

The server pop is capped at 2.5k. Servers can handle a LOT more than 2.5K players simultaneously without error. Bioware have soft capped the server pop because Jeff Hickman is a fool, but thinks he's doing us all a favour. Seriously. After 40 odd years of working in an industry, I sincerely hope I am as bad at my job as he is.

The second problem is that the queues are being handled poorly. On the server list queues for Freedon Nadd and Bloodworthy are being reported as 2hrs and 1hr 50 respectively; after that period has past people are finding themselves in the middle of the queue, with another 2-3 hours of queuing to go.

The third problem is that Bioware aren't prioritising players based on unique criteria. A player who chose to play on Bloodworthy, for example, should not be getting in ahead of a player that was seeded on Bloodworthy by the Guild Launch program. If you CHOSE to role on a high pop server, you should be dissuaded. If you've been forced to role on a high pop server, you should be accounted for. If you already have a character on the server you should also be accounted for.

The fourth problem is that Bioware aren't exploring any alternative avenues to solve the problem. They have reasoned that their approach is best, and despite the thousands of players arguing with them they're sticking to their guns. They're embarking on the "Bioware knows best" attitude hat got the in trouble on their Social Network and when they tried to defend Dragon Age 2 by saying that Dragon Age fans didn't know what they were talking about.

This isn't the players fault. People who want to play the game are entitled, by merit of access, to play the game. Bioware should be responding to the issues on an ongoing basis, not putting out pointless PR releases in the hopes that we'll all become sedate and calm down.

At this point BW could lock out Bloodworth and Freedon Nadd, and increased the concurrent population cap. Everyone can go role on another server, or wait until the total character cap is raised. Bioware should NOT be waiting until 20th to resolve the problem as it needs to be resolved NOW.

I find it quite unprofessional to tell someone to which server he should go and then you have to wait at least an hour plus everytime you want to play on your destined Server.

What was the whole Guild Programm for it noone cares a rat fart about it.

Beisdes that i havent seen any Online game you pay money for where you have to wait over an Hour just to play on the Server you have been destined for.

It does not only kill all Guild and Group Activites (Imagine, you ll do a Instance or Quest together but do not know when your other Players even can be there.)

If a Server is full it is full but then i simply would not allow the creation of new Characters on that Server.

For instance it happend a few times now, that i playes and got a client crash, i had to wait 2 Hours to get back in.

This is a not agreeable and not bearable Situation for a Casual Gamer who plays maybe 2-3 Hours every two days. Under current Circumstances it means that he has half the time he plays in a week just to wait that he can play on his server.

To want money for this feldergarb is criminal.

3 days i have tried to log in now. 3 days i have been at least 800 in queue and having left the client open on each occassion i have come back to see an error message and been put to the back of the queue again.

Not acceptable at all. Get a grip and get it sorted. Not had anything like this with any other MMO's i have played. Early game access has been a complete waste for me.

the queues are getting a little out of hand, it's getting even worse now that people have found they can just auto run into a wall and avoid the AFK kick

This is what I will be doing if it means I avoid getting disconnected and have to re-queue.

At this rate I will probably have queued around 1.5 - 2 hours to get into the game.

I will be stopping shortly after that to have a meal with the family, I dont want to wait another 2 hours to queue up,

I'd get about an hour maybe 2 before I decide to goto bed as I need to be up early for work tomorrow :/

I find it quite unprofessional to tell someone to which server he should go and then you have to wait at least an hour plus everytime you want to play on your destined Server.

What was the whole Guild Programm for it noone cares a rat fart about it.

Beisdes that i havent seen any Online game you pay money for where you have to wait over an Hour just to play on the Server you have been destined for.

It does not only kill all Guild and Group Activites (Imagine, you ll do a Instance or Quest together but do not know when your other Players even can be there.)

If a Server is full it is full but then i simply would not allow the creation of new Characters on that Server.

For instance it happend a few times now, that i playes and got a client crash, i had to wait 2 Hours to get back in.

This is a not agreeable and not bearable Situation for a Casual Gamer who plays maybe 2-3 Hours every two days. Under current Circumstances it means that he has half the time he plays in a week just to wait that he can play on his server.

To want money for this feldergarb is criminal.

This...

Edited by Nutini

Worst game release in history. 5 hours waiting to come out an error message. I'm ashamed to have bought this game for 60 € and can not play. Bioware and EA biggest scam in the history of videogames.

The games not out yet mate...