Onderon SH: Iziz Townhouse

Ylliarus

Something I'd love to see is a townhouse type of SH and I think Onderon would be the perfect spot for it. It could be situated in Iziz and perhaps have 2 levels to keep it somewhat smaller. We have had a lot of big, expansive SHs lately and it would be nice to have something smaller on the scale of the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. It could have a little square in the front and in the back as a sort of small, walled-off yard.

Sounds good. It would give me another stronghold and if I had to I give up DK. (DK chat is becoming way too much for my tastes).

That's why I have chat turned off by default :p

I don't mind getting huge SHs like Alderaan, but since we have had a few really big ones recently (Alderaan, Rishi, Yavin), it would be nice to get something smaller scaled this time. And the city of Iziz really looks nice and cool, the townhouses there especially. It would simply be a nice and iconic planet to have a SH on :)

I've been looking around on the internet, and I found the perfect template for an Iziz Townhouse, namely this one.

It has great architecture, a nice surrounding area and just looks phenomenal for a SH. I'd love to have an Iziz Townhouse SH like that one!

Edited by Ylliarus

• 2 weeks later...

I think Alderaan leaves the title house behind and moves into something more palatial. I would gladly take another smaller SH. Fancy is a must and beach front or some types of running water in a garden area would be nice.

Rishi falls into the same category of too dang big. I love the beach and overlook. If only I could have repaired the buildings a bit and gotten rid of the mud in the other open area. I will pay an expansion price to get rid of the fly and mud sounds in exchange for something tropical.

I would say yea to the townhouse.

Edited by Rrusalka

I feel like we've got that style already with Alderaan for 'fancy house', but I'm always down for more strongholds. We probably won't get another one for 18 months though so no point talking about it

As the poster above me said, the Alderaan SH is indeed quite palatial. An Iziz City townhouse would be a lot smaller and while it might look fancy, it wouldn't have to be as majestic and grand as the Alderaan SH. This way the two would differ.

As to the 18 months comment, even if it takes that long it won't hurt talking about it already. That way the devs can know what people might like and what not.

I'd be all for this. Can take eons to perfect larger SHs, and honestly I get so damn sidetracked when trying to decorate something as big as Alderaan I wouldn't mind something smaller. (getting an idea for one room, going there, getting an idea for another room and dropping what I am doing in the previous room to go there, repeat.)

Also Onderon is nice, its like Alderaan but with sand instead of snow. Though when they make a new SH they are going to want to wow people with the previews, so something small probably won't be what they will be going for.

I wouldn't mind something like this. So what if it is fancy. I tend to make most of mine that way with the decorations as it is. The only one I have trouble doing that with is Rishi because of the way it was done.

Yeah, it's really difficult to make Rishi look fancy. It's a pity, because I would have loved a seaside mansion of sorts. So, I guess an Iziz townhouse would be the next best thing :D

I'd be all for this. Can take eons to perfect larger SHs, and honestly I get so damn sidetracked when trying to decorate something as big as Alderaan I wouldn't mind something smaller. (getting an idea for one room, going there, getting an idea for another room and dropping what I am doing in the previous room to go there, repeat.)

Also Onderon is nice, its like Alderaan but with sand instead of snow. Though when they make a new SH they are going to want to wow people with the previews, so something small probably won't be what they will be going for.

Yes, agreed! Larger SHs are nice and all, but they're a huge chore to decorate. I've tried to push myself to decorate my Alderaan SH a few times but each time I just shy away. It's so big.

A smaller SH like an Iziz Townhouse on Onderon would be a nice refresher in light of all the big SHs!

Yes, agreed! Larger SHs are nice and all, but they're a huge chore to decorate. I've tried to push myself to decorate my Alderaan SH a few times but each time I just shy away. It's so big.

A smaller SH like an Iziz Townhouse on Onderon would be a nice refresher in light of all the big SHs!

Town house setting … but larger rooms than the underwater small rooms on Manaan (those are way too small). Perhaps one central larger room … with additional rooms to access that are closer to the ones on Corusant ??

Edited by OlBuzzard

Town house setting … but larger rooms than the underwater small rooms on Manaan (those are way too small). Perhaps one central larger room … with additional rooms to access that are closer to the ones on Corusant ??

Yes! Something along those lines would really be nice, I'd say. It would still be sizeable enough to be significant, but it wouldn't be as overwhelming as Alderaan, Rishi or Yavin. It could have two floors for example like Coruscant and Dromund Kaas have, with several nicely sized rooms (and good hook placement).

I agree, the Manaan SH sadly falls a bit flat in that regard as you say. So, if they made a smaller sized SH on Onderon, it would have to be more along the lines of Coruscant and DK.

Onderon would be a nice place for a SH, and the port there for harvesting and dailies alone would make it a good buy.

They could even make the surrounding "view" on the entrance look like the townhouse is just off the main market street and the back side a tropical sunset with a beach.

Onderon would be a nice place for a SH, and the port there for harvesting and dailies alone would make it a good buy.

They could even make the surrounding "view" on the entrance look like the townhouse is just off the main market street and the back side a tropical sunset with a beach.

That sounds good to me! If they would go about the views surrounding the townhouse like that, I would be more than okay with it! Personally I'd prefer an all-city view around the townhouse, but I won't be picky if that doesn't happen :)

I would enjoy it but only if it could be expanded to be quite large. I want to be able to land my starship there. (A lack of Starship hook is a common Coru/DK SH complaint.) I'd also love to have a place to park creature mounts that would make sense, like someone rode into the area. There are also so many Centerpiece and massive/starship decos that I don't have hooks for.

People who like smaller strongholds could simply skip the expansions and decorate a core area, assuming it was well-designed. The game is full of doors that are only for decoration, so having a few in a SH is no big deal. The Tatooine and Yavin 4 SHs are designed well this way.

As much as I'd like an Onderon SH, people have been waiting for other planets for much longer. Rishi didn't turn out the way people hoped (it's no beach boardwalk!) but that one's already released. Folks have been asking for Ilum/Hoth for an ice theme for a long time, also for Tython/Korriban and a nice Zakuul apartment. Personally, I would take Onderon over those, but I can be patient.

Assuming it's not another bug-fest like Alderaan...

Edited by Xina_LA

• 7 months later...
Something I'd love to see is a townhouse type of SH and I think Onderon would be the perfect spot for it. It could be situated in Iziz and perhaps have 2 levels to keep it somewhat smaller. We have had a lot of big, expansive SHs lately and it would be nice to have something smaller on the scale of the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. It could have a little square in the front and in the back as a sort of small, walled-off yard.

How about your own, private island on Ord Mantell?

Could be a cozy spot for (everyone, but primarily) non-force users, not too huge, but the size of Courscant and Dround Kass.

I see an out-door cantina with a tropical drink-serving droid...

A juke box that plays relaxing Caribbean-type music...

Umbrellas, loungers, hammocks, outdoor misters, vines and tropical flowers, fresh-water pools and hot tubs, a waterfall....

Remote control sail boats that you can interact with and race around a pre-arranged pond...

Too much?

:jawa_biggrin: