Legacy-Friendlist?

Calhan

Hopefully never, since anyone can friend one of your characters without permission. If they don't need permission, then it would be even easier to figure out other peoples alts for harassment purposes. It's bad enough smart use of the /ignore list can do the same, but a legacy friends list would make it even easier.

Not to mention There are times some of us want to play alone, away from those we may normally play with, so they'd now have access to all of your alts you leave out of guild when you just want to do your own thing.

What you have asked for, OP, is to friend a legacy, which is absolutely not the same thing as a legacy friends list.

I would love a legacy friends list. A single friends list that is used by all of my characters on my legacy so that I do not have to add a character multiple times on my characters. That would be great.

But that is a hard no from me on a friend a legacy system.

I have to agree with the other two. No legacy friend list unless you can approve the people wanting to put you on the list. Too many people put you on their friend's list without even asking and that can be a problem. I would prefer the option that you have to agree to such a list like we did in SWG. You put in a request for a person to be added to your friend's list but the person had to agree to it before it was done.

What Ceryxp wants is totally fine and I'm okay with that. What the OP apparently wants... no.

Absolutely and unequivocally nay to friending an entire legacy.

I don't even want an opt-in possibility for a legacy friend request, because all it takes, and I've stated this many times whenever threads like this pop up, is that all it takes -- all it takes -- is one tiny programming screw up, and what was intended to be an opt-in process suddenly isn't, and any moron can then friend your legacy.

And after that, any fix meant to reverse that screw up is simply too. freaking. late.

The person will know all your toons.

Screenshots are forever. Just because you might have accepted one person's legacy friend quest doesn't prevent that person from taking a screen capture of your entire legacy of toons and posting it wherever the hell they please and suddenly the entire player base knows every last one of your toons, and there's no recourse.

So no. No to this idea. I value my privacy far more than another player's desire to know which toon I'm on at any time, or when I'm on at all times, or when I've just created a new toon, or moved a toon to another guild, renamed a toon...

....no.

Case in point: Not only do I run regular guilds, but one of my side-guilds is gay. Were one of those guild members to accept someone's legacy friend request, and that "friend" then posts the information everywhere, suddenly any homophobe can grief the absolute hell out of that player, even if that player is on a toon not associated with that guild.

And for any guild -- regardless of why -- wanting to remain inconspicuous, too damn bad.

Anyone else running around with that guild tag then becomes a target as well.

Among the worst ideas ever put on this forum, and unfortunately, if saner heads don't continually endeavor to expose the problem with this suggestion to Bioware, anyone valuing their privacy is screwed.

Edited by xordevoreaux