Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

scrumtralescent
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1301
Quote: Originally Posted by J-Sheridan View Post
BW went to the trouble of sending people information in advance about getting into the BETA weekends.

BW went to the trouble of sending guilds information in advance about what servers they were assigned to

BW didnt bother to go to the trouble of telling people what day they are likely to get into Early Access.

This is both ironic and completely stupid.

BW have access to account information that records when people redeemed their codes: Check

BW have access to the amount of codes that are redeemed: Check

Logical Deduction.

Determine how many people you intend to let in per wave or day and divide the total number by that.

You will end up with a pretty rough estimate of when people would get in and be able to e-mail that in advance. Add an extra day if you want a margin for error.

People are going to be more pleased with potentially getting in EARLY than late and you would get praised for people getting in early. Instead your screwing people into impatiently waiting on the edge of their seat with no ability to guage when they will get i at all.
They aren't telling people because they don't know. That should be obvious at this point.

Also, 'irony' doesn't mean what you think it means.

Szura
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1302
Quote: Originally Posted by Chris-ti-annow View Post
Did you never seen this before? Did you played any MMO at the launch? WoW is an exemple of disaster at the day 1, even with months of open beta.

You´re right, I never seen this before. Because, none were so organized.

Remember, the launch is 12.20... early acess, is a Bonus.
Bai baiatule..we have paid for early acess so is not a bonus! I could just simply order the game at launch and not support manufacturing of product with the advance payment.

Target: X amount of money for sustaining the project
The lure: early access
Present day: they got what they need it, but not the real solution to offer what they have promised
Respect for the customer who is not now in the game: none!

econtutor
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1303
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevzo View Post
I'm pretty disgusted to be honest. I assumed by the wording on the website that if I pre-ordered I would be able to play UP TO 5 days earlier if I wanted too... where the heck is my invite???

Pre order is a pre order, i'm shocked the company is so mis-leading in their product.

If I don't get in the next day or so, i'm cancelling because if this is anything to go by the companies behaviour then I for sure will not be playing the game.
No worries, I'm sure they'll push you back until at least the 15th. UP TO 5 =/= 5 or more.

Kregg
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1304
I'm surprised they haven't announced a wave 3 yet. There's a few people in my guild playing and they are telling me starting areas are pretty much empty.(on the server we have been placed on.)

Chessr
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1305
Hi all

im not in yet

but i shouldnt be. redeemed 11.28.11

lexika
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1306
I also hoping its going so well they can push their waves forward faster and with bigger numbers of players

rhynoemff
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1307
4 hours nearly now and only 2 waves gone in. some servers already show as full so why not speed up a bit and get people into the low/medium servers?

kunjunction
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1308
two hrs now
*** is wave 3

Vessell
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1309
This whole "staggered release" thing is stupid and it is not going to change the inevitable.

Assume Bioware is sending out 40-50 k invites per wave starting this morning. Considering today is both a work day and a school day, it is highly unlike that more than 10-20% of those invites will be realized until later today.

I predict the shat will hit the fan sometime between 5:00-9:00 PM EST. This is when all of those invites are going to crowd the servers. Even if Bioware limits the total number of invites per day, the crunch will just happen later in the week.

Bioware might as well just cowboy up and understand that their servers are going to be crowded and issues will probably occur. I say "let the issues occur." Staggered release is not going to change the fact that starter zones are going to get crowded...

BadDawGe
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1310
Hey Zikarus,

Under "CODE REDEMPTION HISTORY" I have two listings. My first pre-order date and then the early access listed for Nov 2nd as well. I think you might be seeing this?

Quote: Originally Posted by Zikarus View Post
I ordered with Amazon on the 24th July and they sent me the pre order code on that day which i promptly entered that day, yet when i go to my account details it says i registered for early access code on the 2nd November???

Please tell me this is a bug.
============ ============ -{ }-============ ============
"If you are not with me, then you're my enemy."
=========== =========== =========== =========== ===========