Double Experience?

Mubark

I logged in yesterday and I didn't see any evidence I was getting Double XP/rewards for any of my characters, on either account (I have two subscribed)…

I looked on twitter and here on the forums...

Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me, or did I miss something?

What did you do to gain XP? How much XP did you expect and how much did you get?

I normally do 3 heroics or more per character to achieve over 50,000 conquest points. I average about 100,000 Conquest points per hour doing this, without double exp active.

I did the same thing I always do and I saw no increase in the amount of points gained.

my thought is that if I normally gain over 50,000 Conquest Points per character doing 3 heroics, then my math would say that if double rewards/exp is active it should be double that...

Which is what normally happens.

Normally, I get about 200,000 Conquest Points per hour if it's a double rewards event.

I normally average about 100,000 Conquest Points per hour on average doing only heroics.

Note: I run heroics solo.

Also: I almost forgot to mention... I'm averaging (yesterday) the same amount of Conquest Points I normally do with no change or increase....

Edited by Mubark

Heroics are also conquest capped content. There is a maximum amount of conquest points you can get from them (somewhere around 650 conquest pts - except for the first one you do on a planet which is worth 5000 pts - with a full stronghold bonus). If you have the full stronghold boost, most of the other boosts don't do anything to increase the point gains. The "bonus series" heroics seem to be worth a little more but are capped as well.

Heroics are also conquest capped content. There is a maximum amount of conquest points you can get from them (somewhere around 650 conquest pts - except for the first one you do on a planet which is worth 5000 pts - with a full stronghold bonus). If you have the full stronghold boost, most of the other boosts don't do anything to increase the point gains. The "bonus series" heroics seem to be worth a little more but are capped as well.

Interesting...

I ran heroics again tonight for 2 hours and 40 minutes and got 588,451 Conquest points... That's about 221,000 Conquest points/hour only running heroics.

So, it was working for me tonight. Like I stated previously, I average about 100,000/hour on conquest points and double exp should be around 200,000/hour, which it was tonight.

I have no idea why it wasn't working yesterday. But it seems to be working right now.

/shrug

Interesting...

I ran heroics again tonight for 2 hours and 40 minutes and got 588,451 Conquest points... That's about 221,000 Conquest points/hour only running heroics.

So, it was working for me tonight. Like I stated previously, I average about 100,000/hour on conquest points and double exp should be around 200,000/hour, which it was tonight.

I have no idea why it wasn't working yesterday. But it seems to be working right now.

/shrug

You probably got the Taskmaster conquest goal then, which gives over 200k for completing 25 missions. There is also a repeatable version of this for 50k I believe it is.

Edit: and other posters are correct. Double Experience does not affect Conquest points at all. It doubles Leveling experience, Renown Experience, Valor, ship and fleet requistion (the last 2 for GSF). Double XP doesn't affect anything else as far as I know.

Edited by Toraak

ah conquest....

BW really hit on something. if I were taking bets on the mechanism that would stick in terms of creating the most effective "hamster wheel" for pacifying players with easily recycled content, etc., conquest would have been low on my list (looking at everything WoW and SWTOR have done over the years), but holy cow! conquest has thrived beyond all my spice-enhanced prescient fantasies!

:eek: