Should I even bother doing Flashpoint as I level

spongeymike

Just wondering should I be doing them at all as I am leveling? Currently got a level 46 Aerseal Bounty Hunter and a level 30 Sith Insq. I always just skip any flashpoints coz well I don't need to do them to progress the story. I also don't know how the group finder works and what not as there isn't a LFG auto option.

Since this is f2p I am not sure how the community is like as I mostly just play solo and I don't want to get yell at for the lack of dps or CC.

There's no reason not to do them. 🤔

And don't worry about your lack of DPS - that seems to be quite common - nor a lack of CC - not every class even has a CC.

After reading people just want to go go go and skip this and skip that or take special route or even do some weird jump just to avoid some mobs or a boss seems like if i go in as a new players I am most likely going to get yell at or even kick form the group or not knowing what to do.

While you don't need to do Flashpoints to directly progress the story, I do recommend you do them at least once. They're similar to 'Quick Time Events' or 'Side Missions' in other games in that they're happening outside the main stream of the story, at the same time as it, and frequently have an indirect effect on it.

As a couple of examples;

The Taral V/Maelstrom Prison (on the Republic side)/Boarding Party/Foundry (on the Imperial side) Flashpoints, found on Republic Balmorra, Imperial Taris and the respective fleets, bring Revan himself into SWTOR as a character and set the stage for the "Shadows of Revan" expansion later on.

NR-02, the protocol/espionage droid who plays a role in the Republic Saboteur storyline in Onslaught is actually first introduced in the "Black Talon" Flashpoint for Imperial characters.

The events of "Battle of Ilum" and "The False Emperor", including his apparent death, help to understand the situation when Malgus returns on Ossus.

After reading people just want to go go go and skip this and skip that or take special route or even do some weird jump just to avoid some mobs or a boss seems like if i go in as a new players I am most likely going to get yell at or even kick form the group or not knowing what to do.

They can be quite interesting. And whether you do them now or later, you will still be new to the specific flashpoint at the start.