Couple questions for anyone who tested 7.0 Concentration rebalancing

JLazarillo

1. Are all the unique skills for the spec still additional? Like, no Focused Burst replacing Blade Storm the way Clashing Blast does, for example? Or did the number of attack skills get pruned a bit too? I'm a little curious since Concentration has the biggest number of "rotational" skills currently.

2. Is the range on Zealous Leap still max 10 meters?

Edited by JLazarillo

All the abilities in the base rotation are still present (same for all specs). Most of the missing abilities are either defensives or utility abilities such as guarded by the force, transcendence etc. Focused burst does not replace blade storm, you have both.

Zealous leap is still a 10m range ability,

Honestly it's possible that things do still change as what's on the PTS isn't final. Sentinels are possibly getting a couple new abilities that aren't discipline specific (they were listed in the notes but we don't know what they are yet) and if they're damage abilities, they might find their way into the rotation. Also there's a decent chance that new tacticals and set bonuses shake things up!

All good points! Well, though, like I said, I'd rather Concetration got a little more...concentrated (pun very much intended) though. It's got one attack more than my kinda default keybind scheme (which for any other spec, feels plenty generous!). But yeah, since things could still change, maybe even drastically, by the time the expansion actually hits, I'll have to keep my eyes out.

All good points! Well, though, like I said, I'd rather Concetration got a little more...concentrated (pun very much intended) though. It's got one attack more than my kinda default keybind scheme (which for any other spec, feels plenty generous!). But yeah, since things could still change, maybe even drastically, by the time the expansion actually hits, I'll have to keep my eyes out.

I definitely much prefer using focus (guardian version of concentration) because the rotation feels so much more fluid revolving around combat focus for the big focus boost rather than the concentration stacks needed for zen.

I did forget to mention one thing that I just remembered. Since force clarity has currently been moved to the ABC tree, it is an optional ability. Instead, you can choose one of these two options:

A) Focused meditation - each time you deal damage with a force energy attack, you generate 1 focus.

B) Criticality - critically hitting with a force energy attack builds 1 centering. You can build centering even during zen.

So, if you choose not to take force clarity (bearing in mind the current descent of the fearless set won't work in 7.0 at level 80), you will have one less ability in your rotation.