Deconstruct

Andf

Addendum. Apparently we can still get the 252 gear boxes from Ossus and you can disintegrate the stuff that drops from them whilst they are in your stash, but you don't get anything. So if you're still running Ossus and get one of the 252 gear boxes be certain to claim whatever you get, even if you don't need it, so you can sell it. Edited by ceryxp

• 2 months later...

Hello! Now I am level 75 but I still can't disintegrate items...

My understanding is that I should be able to deconstruct everything now, even if I don't have the felevant crew skills.

Is there a minimum item level?

Many thanks!

Once you are level 75, you will be able to deconstruct all gear with a minimum iRating of 268. You will still be able to deconstruct lower rated gear, but only those that align with your current crew skill and level.

Prior to being lvl 75, you will only be able to deconstruct gear with a item rating of less than 268; and only that gear which aligns with your current crew skill and level.

Once you are level 75, you will be able to deconstruct all gear with a minimum iRating of 268. You will still be able to deconstruct lower rated gear, but only those that align with your current crew skill and level.

Prior to being lvl 75, you will only be able to deconstruct gear with a item rating of less than 268; and only that gear which aligns with your current crew skill and level.

Fantastic! It's extremely clear now, many thanks.

• 1 year later...

Nice, thank you. I've been deconstructing gear and/or selling to vendors without actually realizing this logic. Nice that you articulate it. Only thing I realized is that you can't deconstruct if the piece doesn't have armoring in it. So:

[u]Gear Level     Level       Restrictions[/u]
< 268	       ALL	      Only those that align with your current crew skill and level
>= 268	       < 75        No
>= 268	       75	      None

Edited by mike_carton

I am L75 and deconstructing high level items only give me jawa junk and other scrap parts (+ tech frags, but not any other valuable items at all). I thought every L75 character should be able to deconstruct items and get valuable RI parts from them, regardless of what skills you have? Or do you also need to have skills that are relevant for the items you are deconstructing too? Thanks!

You only get materials if you have the relevant crafting crew skill.

• 5 months later...

Small stakes stuff, but it really irks me to not know why:

I have rows of green gear in my legacy cargo bay and across my alts that I wasn't sure I would need, or was worth selling. I recently decided to give up and break them down for mats, but none of my crafters could do over half of them: finally noticed that when you drag one of the items into the deconstruct box, there is a system message that says "That item cannot be deconstructed". Items range from Molytex and Turadium heavy armors to Fiber mesh Medium and Zeyd-cloth light armors, all "green" quality.

Again, having to vendor them is no tragedy, but I just want to _understand_ whatever it is I'm missing.

Small stakes stuff, but it really irks me to not know why:

I have rows of green gear in my legacy cargo bay and across my alts that I wasn't sure I would need, or was worth selling. I recently decided to give up and break them down for mats, but none of my crafters could do over half of them: finally noticed that when you drag one of the items into the deconstruct box, there is a system message that says "That item cannot be deconstructed". Items range from Molytex and Turadium heavy armors to Fiber mesh Medium and Zeyd-cloth light armors, all "green" quality.

Again, having to vendor them is no tragedy, but I just want to _understand_ whatever it is I'm missing.

1. Is the character level 75? (If not, you can only get materials if you have the relevant crafting skill)

2. Is the item at least *rating* 268? (If not, see the "if not" in question 1.)

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...