Masters datacron

anothereagame

It depends on what you start. Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan do not auto-complete the class story, but Fallen Empire does.

If you use a Master's Datacron and skip ahead you may do Ilum (Crystal Ball), Makeb (Trouble in Paradise), Oricon (Day of Dread), or Shadow of Revan (Shadow of Revan: Prelude) without locking out the class story and companion conversations. But if you start Fallen Empire (Chapter I: The Hunt) or Ossus (Inflection Point) you will be locked out of the class story and companion conversations. You do not lose out on the companions themself, they will be granted (but are temporarily removed on the start of Fallen Empire), but you will not be able to do their conversations.

It depends on what you start. Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan do not auto-complete the class story, but Fallen Empire does.

If you use a Master's Datacron and skip ahead you may do Ilum (Crystal Ball), Makeb (Trouble in Paradise), Oricon (Day of Dread), or Shadow of Revan (Shadow of Revan: Prelude) without locking out the class story and companion conversations. But if you start Fallen Empire (Chapter I: The Hunt) or Ossus (Inflection Point) you will be locked out of the class story and companion conversations. You do not lose out on the companions themself, they will be granted (but are temporarily removed on the start of Fallen Empire), but you will not be able to do their conversations.

Got it I was wanting to make a Jedi shadow but I heard the story wasn’t to good so I was thinking about using a datacron then starting the story in a spot that is good and just watching the story on YouTube or something

Got it I was wanting to make a Jedi shadow but I heard the story wasn’t to good so I was thinking about using a datacron then starting the story in a spot that is good and just watching the story on YouTube or something

Yeah, if you do not play the story you do not receive the achievements for the story (titles, legacy unlocks and achievements, etc.). Honestly, yes, there are a number of people who do not like the Consular story. I disagree; Consular is my favorite story. There are a number of people who really like the Agent story, going so far as to claim it is the best story. Again, I disagree and Agent is my least liked story. It all comes down to personal taste and you should not allow the disparaging comments from some stop you from playing the story. All of the class stories have their good and bad elements, and different people are going to like or dislike a story based upon their tastes, the only way for you to know if you like or dislike a story is to play it.

The Consular story is, honestly, a bit different from many of the other stories. One of the things I think drives people away from the story is that it is less about self than the other stories.

What I mean. Take the Inquisitor, Warrior, and Knight stories. They focus much more heavily on the personal journey and growth of that character. Their rise to power, their overcoming obstacles, their defeating the big bad, etc. Certainly the Consular story has some of that, as well, but the focus of the Consular story leans more towards exploring the role of a Jedi. What is a Jedi's role in the Order, in the Republic, and in the galaxy at large? The Consular is the main character of their story, certainly, but their story focuses more on what the Jedi do for others rather than the Inquisitor and Warrior, who's stories are essentially about their own rise to power, or the Knight, who's story is the classical Big Hero goes on a Big Adventure to stop the Big Bad and save the day sort of story. For example, consider how the Knight, Warrior, and Inquisitor go into their final boss fight. They go in with the intent to defeat their enemy. But that is not the Consular's motivation when they go into their final fight (depending a bit on the player, of course, but speaking from a light side journey).

Whereas the Knight is the prototypical hero story the Consular is more of a "with great power comes great responsibility" story. In that regard the Consular story is less about the character's personal growth, although there are certainly some elements of growth in the story, and more about how the Consular uses the great power that they have; there are definitely times when the Consular exhibits great power (they certainly know how to open a door). As such, throughout the Consular story they are faced with dilemmas where they must choose between doing what is morally or ethically right versus doing what is expedient and easiest for either them or the Republic.

The Consular story is really about helping others. From being a healer, to being a diplomat, to fighting for the Republic, to just being a Jedi in the galaxy. The Consular story explores the Force from the angle of a Jedi, their connection to it, and how a Jedi faces the dark. The writer for the Consular story, Joanna Berry, has said that the Consular's story is similar to the growth of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but I see a lot of Qui-Gon Ginn in their character, as well.

Thanks for that I think I just finished chapter 1 as a knight doing dark side and I usually change my opinion a lot and now I kinda wish I was light but what ever as well I started a sorcerer and it idk what I’m doing yet probably dark but I boosted a Assassin sith stealth guy and I feel bad cause I missed the story so idk if I want skip story or not. But I’m gonna try a Jedi shadow and do that story also how much longer after I complete chapter 1 for the knight till I am done with the class story and what should I spend my cartel coins on I see a lot of people say rocket boost but I don’t see those and if your free could you add me on discord or join a call in the swtor discord possible later tonight?

Yeah, if you do not play the story you do not receive the achievements for the story (titles, legacy unlocks and achievements, etc.). Honestly, yes, there are a number of people who do not like the Consular story. I disagree; Consular is my favorite story. There are a number of people who really like the Agent story, going so far as to claim it is the best story. Again, I disagree and Agent is my least liked story. It all comes down to personal taste and you should not allow the disparaging comments from some stop you from playing the story. All of the class stories have their good and bad elements, and different people are going to like or dislike a story based upon their tastes, the only way for you to know if you like or dislike a story is to play it.

The Consular story is, honestly, a bit different from many of the other stories. One of the things I think drives people away from the story is that it is less about self than the other stories.

What I mean. Take the Inquisitor, Warrior, and Knight stories. They focus much more heavily on the personal journey and growth of that character. Their rise to power, their overcoming obstacles, their defeating the big bad, etc. Certainly the Consular story has some of that, as well, but the focus of the Consular story leans more towards exploring the role of a Jedi. What is a Jedi's role in the Order, in the Republic, and in the galaxy at large? The Consular is the main character of their story, certainly, but their story focuses more on what the Jedi do for others rather than the Inquisitor and Warrior, who's stories are essentially about their own rise to power, or the Knight, who's story is the classical Big Hero goes on a Big Adventure to stop the Big Bad and save the day sort of story. For example, consider how the Knight, Warrior, and Inquisitor go into their final boss fight. They go in with the intent to defeat their enemy. But that is not the Consular's motivation when they go into their final fight (depending a bit on the player, of course, but speaking from a light side journey).

Whereas the Knight is the prototypical hero story the Consular is more of a "with great power comes great responsibility" story. In that regard the Consular story is less about the character's personal growth, although there are certainly some elements of growth in the story, and more about how the Consular uses the great power that they have; there are definitely times when the Consular exhibits great power (they certainly know how to open a door). As such, throughout the Consular story they are faced with dilemmas where they must choose between doing what is morally or ethically right versus doing what is expedient and easiest for either them or the Republic.

The Consular story is really about helping others. From being a healer, to being a diplomat, to fighting for the Republic, to just being a Jedi in the galaxy. The Consular story explores the Force from the angle of a Jedi, their connection to it, and how a Jedi faces the dark. The writer for the Consular story, Joanna Berry, has said that the Consular's story is similar to the growth of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but I see a lot of Qui-Gon Ginn in their character, as well.

/agreed regarding the JC. It is one of my favorites as well.

Thanks for that I think I just finished chapter 1 as a knight doing dark side and I usually change my opinion a lot and now I kinda wish I was light but what ever as well I started a sorcerer and it idk what I’m doing yet probably dark but I boosted a Assassin sith stealth guy and I feel bad cause I missed the story so idk if I want skip story or not. But I’m gonna try a Jedi shadow and do that story also how much longer after I complete chapter 1 for the knight till I am done with the class story and what should I spend my cartel coins on I see a lot of people say rocket boost but I don’t see those and if your free could you add me on discord or join a call in the swtor discord possible later tonight?

Remember that a Sorcerer and an Assassin are both Inquisitors, so they have the same story. You can still experience the Inquisitor story with your Sorcerer. There are pros and cons to skipping. If you are new then it is generally advised to not skip so that you can experience the class stories, but high level characters have greater potential for making credits, so boosting a character can help greatly with filling your coffers.

The class stories are three chapters. Chapter 1 is the longest, Chapter 2 is the shortest, and Chapter 3 is a little longer than 2 but not as long as 1. Basically, when you complete Chapter 1 you are roughly half way through the class story. There is generally a tonal shift in the story with the end of Chapter 1, making it easy to demarcate the end of the chapter, but Chapters 2 and 3 tend to flow together.

Rocket Boost is found on the Other page under Global Unlocks in your Legacy as it is an account wide unlock. Rocket Boost is most definitely helpful, but it can be unlocked with credits. For now I would suggest holding onto your Cartel Coins until you get a better feel for the game.

I do not mind connecting over Discord, but I am not able to do voice. We can certainly chat or you can message me through the forums if you have questions.

Edited by ceryxp

Thanks discord is Death Graves#6663 also so let’s say I do the entire Jedi shadow story all 3 chapters then I make a Jedi sage and skip the class story am I missing out on anything there?

You might be, depending on how you approach the two characters.

SWTOR class stories aren't *very* branched, and the branches all "join up" again fairly quickly, but there's plenty of scope for e.g. how you balance "Dark" and "Light" choices, but also don't forget things like the interactions with romanceable companions, which are different for male and female characters.

And you're also missing out on the stepwise learning of how the class works - your experience playing Shadow will not help you play Sage.

And you're also missing out on the stepwise learning of how the class works - your experience playing Shadow will not help you play Sage.

QFT.

Even when the Disciplines are both DPS, they play differently and the player (person) needs to approach the characters differently. A Shadow can be a Tank as well and a Sage can be a Healer; those experiences don't translate. This is the reason I advice players to play Tank or Healer from the beginning; many like to play DPS through class story to speed up the fights and plan to switch to Tank or Healer at max level.